The online racing simulator
Do you play CS:S
(49 posts, started )
If you do, then please can you PM me. I need a favour that will take 5 mins max.

It needs to be someone with slight knowledge of how to play the game etc.

Its only to test if Anti-Cheat is on the server or not and a few other things.

Thanks.
I do. you wont just ask me, but then I wasnt on MSN.

Anything for you sexy
I have CS:S, but much rather play Day of Defeat Source. I'm a world war II junky.
I found DOD to be a bit, wierd, and it not to play as "smooth" (I dont mean FPS) as CSS.
CS:S isn't as good as CS1.6 all the Germans in this world, will agree with that... and not just Germans but the Swedes and Norwegians alike.

CSS is Graphically 10000000000X better, but gameplay 1.6 is so much better to play.
CounterStrike is one of the worst games ever invented, because from my experience in 99% of all cases it is not fun but only creates anger and frustration. I could even see that when we had LAN matches in school. The generally good mood plummeted within minutes as soon as CS was started up. I have no idea how I could play that game for so long before finding out what a enormous waste of time it was. DoD was fun, Hostile Intent was fun, Sven Coop was fun, heck even Firearms was fun for some time - but CS was always a chore.

The only thing good thing CS had was that I found a link to LFS on a CS forum. Never looked back since.
I get so angry sometimes, some people are just so lucky, like those poker players who go in on a BULLS*** flop, and get the turn and river to make some bull**** hand.

I haven't gone through many keyboards, but i used to punch my moniters alot.
I used to play CS:S a bit. I didn't find the actual game any more frustrating than any other - if you're getting annoyed by something you're taking it too seriously.
What I did get frustrated by was the sheer number of hackers and bots that infest it. Instant death from headshots the second someone rounds a corner gets old really fast.
Yer got into it pretty seriously at one point, played for many hours a day, however havn't played it at all for a few months so I'm probably well out of my game now
I used to play the old CS, but CS:S was rubbish when it was released (doesn't seem to be any better now) so I packed it in. The old CS was good fun with a decent bunch of people playing, but it was rare to get a server that didn't have at least one person who couldn't stop complaining and calling everybody faggots.
Yer I just started playin last week but I honestly don't play so much, maybe a few hours with bots then a couple rounds online.

I mean I don't take it seriously and I don't think I will, but that's because I don't get easly frustrated so I have no reason to do it.

LFS frustrated me pretty much, how hard it was to learn to drive with keyboard. until i discovered stabilized
but on CS i always found it hard to tell who hackers were, scince you can shoot through walls on it, it would be UBER easy to notice a hacker, people seem to forget that you use your sound, more than your eyes on games like that.

10%aim 20%ears 30%skill 50%LUCK
Quote from BlueFlame :10%aim 20%ears 30%skill 50%LUCK

You're not that good a player, are you? Because if you were, you wouldn't make such a ridiculous comment...
I never let CS piss me off. And I played it alot. It's especially fun when your playing with people you know well. I've been in the same clan for about 4 years now. The clan itself has been around for almost 10 years. We rarely recruit or see people away, so most of us have become very close and very good friends. It's mainly fun since we pretty much always BS with eachother on Ventrillo while we play (no we don't ghost). So we've learned not to take the game seriously, and therefore, we can enjoy it no matter what our score was.

As far as which is better, I really enjoyed 1.6, but OMG, it's old and so hard to look at. Source is far better, and I think implements some better gameplay aspects (e.g. shadows, debris). But the Condition Zero by far takes the cake. The hostages are just awesome! I really wish Valve would implement all the things that made CZ great into Source.
Quote from BlueFlame : but i used to punch my moniters alot.

Quote from BlueFlame :10%aim 20%ears 30%skill 50%LUCK

1337 math
I'm starting to understand more about you all the time!

CS:S could be fun if it was an actual simulator, or any game like this could be I guess. Max Payne 2 was great when you hit someone. I always noticed that in CS:S there seems to be no travel time for bullets; it's instant hit. I think the concept for the game is alright, but it really needs some work for it to be what I personally would think is fun: more sim like.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :CS:S could be fun if it was an actual simulator, or any game like this could be I guess. Max Payne 2 was great when you hit someone. I always noticed that in CS:S there seems to be no travel time for bullets; it's instant hit. I think the concept for the game is alright, but it really needs some work for it to be what I personally would think is fun: more sim like.

There are so many things wrong in CS, those insta-hit bullets are the least unrealistic of the bunch... Think of it as a Porsche Unleashed in the ego-shooter genre...
I don't think CS:S was ever meant to be a realistic shooter, much less a simulation. And apparently that has worked in their favor since it's the most played multiplayer game!
Quote from OneCrazyDiamond :I don't think CS:S was ever meant to be a realistic shooter, much less a simulation. And apparently that has worked in their favor since it's the most played multiplayer game!

Beats WOW?

I play CS:S alot, i'm on it now infact. I like Office, surf and AIM maps. Good fun

Edit: I do alot of Gungame too. Deathmatch is the best!
Quote from bbman :You're not that good a player, are you? Because if you were, you wouldn't make such a ridiculous comment...

Lol I was thinking exactly the same thing.

I don't think CS:S needs to be realistic, it's the combination it is now that makes is so fun and addictive (to me anyway).
Quote from mcintyrej :Beats WOW?

I play CS:S alot, i'm on it now infact. I like Office, surf and AIM maps. Good fun

Edit: I do alot of Gungame too. Deathmatch is the best!

Good point. I am sure WOW does beat it, but who cares.
Quote from pb32000 :Lol I was thinking exactly the same thing.

I don't think CS:S needs to be realistic, it's the combination it is now that makes is so fun and addictive (to me anyway).

Yeah, Its fine the way it is. If they went for a total sim, they'd have to incorperate things like tripping over stones. They'd also have to model the whole human body and its muscles..etc, how they move and sort out the physics for that.

Much easier to just improve on what's there now, with little features to the interface..etc.
Another thing is, if CS:S became a total simulation, it'd require a lot more processing power. If you don't know, CS:S seems to run fine on just about any system, which would change if it included intensive physics. In the end, if it was a sim, I don't think it'd be nearly as popular as it is now.
#23 - Jakg
Bottom line - a game in which you run into a room full of terrorists, only to get shot by a single bullet and die would be very little fun on maps like the ones in CS:S - Sims don't sell that well (look at NFS vs LFS) because they are hard.

EDIT - Never played, been meaning to give it a go sometime, but tbh when i wanna kill some stuff BF2 pwns.
Quote :Sims don't sell that well (look at NFS vs LFS)

Yeah, but when was the last time you opened a magazine and saw an ad for LFS in it?

Don't mean to sound as if people would automatically choose LFS over NFS, but hypothetically, if it was as heavily marketed, I'm sure there'd be a lot more general interest in our little sim. It's been a small miracle that ASS magazine featured an article on LFS this month, a rag completely devoted to racing sims.

Quote :EDIT - Never played, been meaning to give it a go sometime, but tbh when i wanna kill some stuff BF2 pwns.

Agree!
Quote from OneCrazyDiamond :I don't think CS:S was ever meant to be a realistic shooter, much less a simulation. And apparently that has worked in their favor since it's the most played multiplayer game!

No, of course it wasn't. The general public isn't interested in anything remotely difficult or complex unfortunately. Thankfully not everyone has that attitude, or LFS would not exist. Perhaps Scawen should commence development of "Live for Busting a Cap in yo Ass" after S3 is done...

Quote from mcintyrej :Yeah, Its fine the way it is. If they went for a total sim, they'd have to incorperate things like tripping over stones. They'd also have to model the whole human body and its muscles..etc, how they move and sort out the physics for that.

Tripping over stones? Seems OTT probably. But they would have to make proper characters with proper physical properties for sure, that wouldn't be too hard. Things like losing blood, or having certain body parts affect different aspects of performance and lots of other things like that. Not too hard probably.

Quote from OneCrazyDiamond :Another thing is, if CS:S became a total simulation, it'd require a lot more processing power. If you don't know, CS:S seems to run fine on just about any system, which would change if it included intensive physics. In the end, if it was a sim, I don't think it'd be nearly as popular as it is now.

Rubbish, it wouldn't require much more processing power. LFS can calculate tire physics at 2000hz for a bunch of cars which would be an order of magnitude more complex than we're talking here.

Quote from Jakg :Bottom line - a game in which you run into a room full of terrorists, only to get shot by a single bullet and die would be very little fun on maps like the ones in CS:S

That can already happen, there are one shot kills all the time.

I'm aware it wasn't developed in that direction, and of course I know why. I just generally ponder what any product that caters to the lowest common denominator would be like if effort was put into it. Like TDU - if it had LFS physics it would be incredible. Despite looking OK, and having an interesting premise, it's next to useless to me since the roads are made of 20 foot long sections of straight "concrete" strung through 25 degree mountain passes, and the physics are mostly silly (albeit good & thoughtful for an arcade racer). Same thing with CS:S - looks pretty good, but too much sillyness for it to be fun for specifically me. Games like TDU/CS:S are fun sometimes for sure, just too repetitive and uninspiring overall to hold my attention for long spans.

(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG