The online racing simulator
Overclocking
(15 posts, started )
Overclocking
i have an intel celeron 2.30ghz, 80gb hard drive and 248mb ddr ram and im just wondering if i could overclock the ram to 256mb
#2 - Jakg
*cringes*

No, just no. Overclocking alters the speeds things work at, not the size of something like memory - you could tweak the ECU on a car to make 200 HP rather than 180, but you couldn't tweak the ECU to be a 3 Litre rather than a 2 Litre
oh ok thanks so would i be better off bying more ram?
Your better off buying a new everything if you want to notice any difference.
How can you overclock the size of your ram..

lmfao.
i know its tiny my computer is 7 years old lol
Quote from [106]dan :im just wondering if i could overclock the ram to 256mb

This post makes Harjun look like an overclocking expert

I'd like to overclock my hard drive pls. It's only 40gigs, can i overclock it to 120gigs?

Maybe i could overclock my penis next
You say you have 248 MB of RAM and you want 256. This suggests you may be using an integrated VGA with shared memory, and 16 MB of RAM are used by the VGA, and you already have 256 MB of RAM. If you're unhappy with the performance of LFS or other games the main reason may be the integrated VGA. Adding RAM and (especially this) a proper, accelerated VGA may help a lot, although the computer is, overall, quite old. This means that - apart from used computers hardware - it may be quite difficult finding an AGP accelerated video card that fits your computer. It may just not be worth it, and if you're willing to try the job should be done by someone who knows something more than you about hardware, maybe recycling old unused components. If it's going to cost you something, I wouldn't consider it worthy.
#9 - Mc21
oh dear.. get a new computer.
I run a similar setup. Intel Celeron 2.2ghz, 256MB (32 stole for intergrated GPU) DDR 266mhz RAM, and a 40Gb IDE harddrive. I managed to get 125mhz x 22 for a clock speed of 2750mhz (2.7Ghz) This was all on stock voltage, stock cooling, and my load temps sneak up to the mid 50 line and stay there. Stability has been checked, and passes in my books. So please don't lose hope on your CPU...
First, make sure you have decent case cooling, get all the dusties out of there.
Second, get familiar with your BIOS, I bet it will have limited options, like mine did.
Third, as you bump up the FSB check the CPU and RAM for stability, and over heating.
Good luck with your overclock, and please post your results when you're done.
~Bryan~
#11 - Mc21
just get a pci-e or agp or whatever.. then turned off the shared ram in the bios.
how do i turn off the shared ram i jus figured out that i have 8mb shared ram
#13 - Jakg
Chances are it's shared between your System and your GFX card - i wouldn't disable it tbh
ok i wont
Quote from [106]dan :how do i turn off the shared ram i jus figured out that i have 8mb shared ram

The only way to "disable" it in your case would be using an additional board, an AGP graphic card coming with its own integrated RAM.

Overclocking
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG