The online racing simulator

Poll : Should we reset all historical statistics data for phase 2 when new stats come online

Closed since :
Reset all stats for phase 2
Keep all historical data
Phase 2 Stats [reset?]
In the second phase of the X-System I would like to introduce a lot of new stats, such as laps spent in the lead. So this thread serves two purposes:

Firstly, i'd like to hear any suggestions for new stats. Any suggestion is welcome, and we hope to implement all the good ones.

Secondly, the stats we have now where all created over time, i'd be interested in hearing opinions on whether to reset all stats (not licence level & notes / reports or anything, just the stats). The final decision will be made with this poll as an influencing factor. Do bear in mind that laps spent leading would be factors against laps completed - a stat with historical data stretching back as far as the original STCC servers, some stats where introduced with X-System, and of course phase 2 will have even more...
#2 - Bean0
I voted to keep all existing data...you can never have too much data when it comes to statistics.

Positions lost/gained per race would be good to include if possible, maybe as an average value.
I say reset all stats, because new stats are worthless if old data is used. Just think about an extreme example, you have 1000 laps and you were in the lead in every single one, but now the stat tracking starts and you have to get another 1000 lead laps and even then you're only at 50% lead, whereas it should be 100%. Clear them - it probably also increases the accuracy of yellow flag stats as well as giving unlucky guys a new chance. It's not like the CTRA servers are almost empty and you have to fear a lack of stat data input.

E: Or maybe you can backup the historical stats somehow and only use newly gained data for the calculations, so we have both accurate stats and nothing lost.
As much as I fear losing my precious few prodiums and wins, I have to admit that it makes more sense to reset all statistical data. So be it .
For new stats:
* Track/config that you earned the most yellow flags on(besides BnJ)
* Average starting grid position in last 100 races and Average positions gained/lost in last 100 races(not counting mid-race joins)
* Percent of race finishes in the lead lap/outside the lead lap(not counting mid-race joins, retirements count as outside)
* Yellow flags in the first lap in last 100 races
Voted for keep data I need all the fastest laps and podium finishes i can get my hands on
keep the data, because you might add more features in the future and you´d have to reset the data over and over again...

what i´d like to see in the "hall of fame" is a the current winning stat.
(win´s per race) and the number of records someone has. ah and
the number of total driven races. would also be great to sort it the
way you like

extended stats (myctra) i´d like to see:

- leading laps
- days you hold a record
- average finishing position
- points per race (would be nice in the HOF, too)
It might be hard to stomach the loss of stats for some people, but I don't see how we can compare one set to another.

For example, if the stats weren't reset then to make a new "laps led" stat meaningful you'd have to have "laps led (out of X laps in Phase 2)", where x is the number of laps raced in Phase 2 minus the laps raced in Phase 1. All that's extra fluff that would clutter the system IMO, so we're better off getting a fresh slate.

Any chance of some admin stats - "% of reports submitted with correct replay" would be nice.
First, like was said already, reset stats. I especially would like to see my yellow flag stats reset as that happened pre-patch X when I finally got my silver license and started racing the XRT. When that happened, I was setup hunting and made a lot of spins in the back of the field, which jumped my yellow status up to astronomical levels that in no way relate to my actual racing, which I did not know was being recorded as a statistic. Had I known about that stat back then, I wouldn't have been setup testing on the server while waiting for the next race. It should have been reset anyways with the new patch X system.

I don't know what stats are being thought of, or how this would be displayed, but it would be nice to see average lap times per combo if possible. That's my suggestion for stats.
Please reset the stats. I had a real lack of interest after seeing that the original CTRA points were kept intact... and there was no way I could catch them. Not that the points really matter... but I think it would for others.

Was fun to try and keep in the Top 10 in the Single Seaters with my limited time of playing, but seeing the overall license points comparison... I just gave up. I know this isn't regarding license level, but oh well. Reset --something--.
I love looking at statistics, doesn't bother me if they're reset
Resetting the stats makes much more sense.
Nevermind... I didn't read the whole thing thinking you'd be resetting the licenses as well. If it's down to 1 vote difference, you can move mine from keep to reset.
I would say reset all stats, there's nothing worse than having incomplete or mismatched data. Would this also mean that afterall I would be able to reset all my points to zero, considering the fact that the stats were the main reason I was told this wouldn't be a viable option?
#15 - T!m0
Quote from AndroidXP :

E: Or maybe you can backup the historical stats somehow and only use newly gained data for the calculations, so we have both accurate stats and nothing lost.

Lol, used the new "say thanks" feature to avoid a +1 post, but due to the fact that it has been removed i have to say: +1
Quote from count.bazley :I would say reset all stats, there's nothing worse than having incomplete or mismatched data. Would this also mean that afterall I would be able to reset all my points to zero, considering the fact that the stats were the main reason I was told this wouldn't be a viable option?

No, this is about stats - not points. Note that Becky says the reset would not include licence level (which is determined by points).
It's very hard to get in touch with, or get a reply from any of the CTRA-X admins (or so it seems) so I post a request here. Please contact me cause I got an almost perfect mathematic formula for ranking drivers. It's well tested and it has been used for more than three years with no flaw what so ever.

PM or e-mail is fine.
Our points algorythm achieves exactly what we want it to achieve, we've been running the system long enough to know what we are after and to have figured out exactly how we need to distribute points to achieve what we have set out to do.
#19 - Nobo
how about a set of team stats.
Most wins, pts, fastest laps by teams. Assign a team in myctra....
Erase it all. Gives people who have got into CTRA because of System X an equal chance.
Quote from Nobo :how about a set of team stats.
Most wins, pts, fastest laps by teams. Assign a team in myctra....

yes, yes, yes, yes, we rule the world
Crickey team stats, i'd forgotten all about that. We where going to have a team feature in the X-System, then put it back to phase 2, then I forgot all about it. There are a number of team services I would like to introduce, but more on that later.

I wanted to make this post here as a reminder to myself, and also to sort of announce it, Sam has suggested we store replays where the lap record is broken and make it available on the CTRA web page that will show all lap records. As Sam will be working on that soon it's quite possible that we'll be introducing this before phase 2.
Quote from The General Lee :Erase it all. Gives people who have got into CTRA because of System X an equal chance.

It's not a question of equal chance because the stats are personal. So we don't realy care to see the other's stats. It's interesting, yes, but not vital.

I vote for the reset of the stat to get a fresh and clean start. As somebody said: stats are useless if data are eroned.

There is something wrong with the current stats i think (maybe will be fixed in the next ctra's stage?):
- The podium (we already discussed of it even if u don't remember ): i'm convinced that the Winned race are not comptabilized in the Podium stat wich would be logic since when you win you get on the podium. I remember at the begining I had 20 podium and 20 win (or something similar, 2 same numbers) wich was false. I did win 20 race but also made some 2nd and 3th places. I don't only win or totaly lost a race. So stats should have been 20 win and 40 podium. Or i should learn my math again

- The yellow flag %: I'm not against, it's a good thing, but shouldn't the progress bar be inverted? I currently have 18% of yellow flag of 262. So the yellow part of the bar should be smaller than the black part isn't it? But it's not.

Now one suggestion/request: Is it possible to keep the old personal records? When you made a record of a lap and when this record is overtaked it just dissepear. Wouldn't it be possible to keep ip and show that it's a no longer valid record (with +x.xx to get it again ?). It's just to keep an historic of our record. I'm currently holding one but I get another one in the past and now I just can't remember on wich track it was and what was the time.
On the podiums: When it was discussed before I checked X-Sysatem $stats and that seemed correct, if it was the web page being talked about - it was never clear to me - then Sam was away and there'd have been nothing I could do. Now he's back, can you confirm if you mean the web page?

The yellow flag bar is correct, the orange in all the bars is positive but yellow flag % is a negative stat where lower is better, so as the percentage drops the orange increases.

On pb's, we just cant keep pb's for every person on every track we run, it would be a collossal amount of data to hold.
For the podium I confirm it's on the web page, in MyCtra. When the first discussion about it occured I checked on lfsw to see if I wasn't making any mistakes. I know the way to check it out: Going on a server, win a race and be 2nd in another race. But i can't do it now cause i'm going to leave soon. Maybe tonight I will have time, i'll try to.

For the yellow flag progress I now understand your vision of it. Not a problem I just thought the yellow bar was representing the pourcentage as it does for the other stats.

Finally, for the record I was talking about the "Ctra's WR" not the users pb. But I think its a bad suggestion anyway due to the among of data. There record are offen broken so forget about it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG