The online racing simulator
Cruise Control
(65 posts, started )
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Nope, it just settles back to the set speed when your foot comes off the accelerator.

Correct, but I suppose it could be different in different areas around the world. It is said that certain particular cars are quite different in different areas of the world.

If you press the throttle while the cruise control is engaged, the car will speed up. When you let the throttle go, the car will coast down until it reaches again, the set speed of the cruise control and it will continue to maintain that speed.

Yes, XC, you can accelerate, then press the CC to reset the set speed for the CC. And, all cruise systems I've used had a "acc/resume" button to which will either increase the throttle as long as you push it, then reset the set speed to where you let go, or increase the setpoint in 1 mph increments every time you give a momentary push of the button. The resume feature on some CC systems will resume your set cc speed if you cancel the CC. Hit cancel or hit the brakes and the cruise control disengages. Hit resume and it resets to the previous setpoint and resumes at that speed. Not all cars are exactly the same though. I only have an on/off and no cancel button in my Tribute. If I hit off, then I can not resume. I have to cancel the CC by pressing the brake, then I can later resume the set speed.
Quote from Jakg :Yes, i KNOW what i said was a simple (and crap) version of it, but it would be a lot easier to code than a proper system

btw nice pics on ur web site.
Right now that we've gotten down the basics of how it works.... cand anyone program something like this.... as thats why this thread was made in the first place
Here is something quick&dirty.

Start LFS, type /insim 29999, start this app from command line: LFSSpeedLimiter -username=YOURLFSUSERNAME, join some server and type !sl 100.
Gas pedal must be assigned to W key.

Car will try to maintain 100 kph. It's a digital cruise control with very lousy regulation .

For DEMO users, replace username with colorless nickname.

Requirements: .net 2.0
Attached files
LFSSL.zip - 20.9 KB - 1159 views
ill try it now
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by wheel4hummer
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :Hmm, it won't work for demo users, cause it uses username to identify player...

Then use nick name instead, if the server is a demo server. Why does your program hold the throttle for so long? Wouldn't it be better just to blip it?
i cant seem to get it to work
:|
can you make one to work for demo?
For what it`s worth, on my girlfriend`s volvo, I`ve watched both the brake and accelerator pedal move up and down on their own when she`s driving along with cruise control active, so the actual brakes must be getting used now and again on downhill sections.
This thread is funny. It depends on the specific brand and model of the car! If you come into this thread and say "Cruise control works like...", then you are a bloody idiot. Cruise control in a Honda is different then cruise control in a Ford.

lfsforum: Where everyone is an expert on everything. ROFL!
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
Quote from wheel4hummer :Then use nick name instead, if the server is a demo server. Why does your program hold the throttle for so long? Wouldn't it be better just to blip it?

Updated, so it tries to find nickname if it can't find username. I still need to know when to release gas. And I do it as quickly as I get info from InSim (every 50ms) about speed. Sure I could complicate for each gear separately, but no thanks, too lazy here. Drive in higher gear to avoid annoying oscillation .
Quote from wheel4hummer :This thread is funny. It depends on the specific brand and model of the car! If you come into this thread and say "Cruise control works like...", then you are a bloody idiot. Cruise control in a Honda is different then cruise control in a Ford.

lfsforum: Where everyone is an expert on everything. ROFL!

I can only go by the countless cars that I have driven since before you were born and the fact that not one of them ever used the brakes to slow down a car in cruise control. Every car I've ever driven has had the cruise control regulate nothing but the throttle to try to hold the set speed.

Like I said earlier though, it could be different in other areas of the world because I certainly don't have the same cars available, nor the same features available, even with the same manufacture and model name, that other's do around the world.

Yes, I have driven Ford, Honda, Toyota, Cheverolet, Dodge, Pontiac, Buick, Mazda, Nissan, Kia, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Volkswagon, and Acura. I think I've listed them all. No, I haven't driven a BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti, Porsche, Ferarri, or Lamborghini because I'm not a rich yuppie snob. So, I can only give my knowledge on normal cars and not rich folk's cars.
Quote from mrodgers :I can only go by the countless cars that I have driven since before you were born and the fact that not one of them ever used the brakes to slow down a car in cruise control.

That may be so, but I don't give a shit.
ill try it again now
its not working
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :Updated, so it tries to find nickname if it can't find username. I still need to know when to release gas. And I do it as quickly as I get info from InSim (every 50ms) about speed. Sure I could complicate for each gear separately, but no thanks, too lazy here. Drive in higher gear to avoid annoying oscillation .

Use outgauge then.
I did explain how to do it. If demo user, just specify nickname instead of username. If it doesn't work, say where is the problem. I can't read mind, you know.
ye markz that was me
where do you put your nickname?
nvm i got it ill try it now
yea, its still not working
Quote from wheel4hummer :If you come into this thread and say "Cruise control works like...", then you are a bloody idiot. Cruise control in a Honda is different then cruise control in a Ford.

like a blind man speaking of colour
at their core every cruise control and every other control system works more or less the same
there are differences in the systems used to make them either quicker or more comfortable but the design methods are always the same
Quote from Shotglass :at their core every cruise control and every other control system works more or less the same

I'm not doubting that.
Cruise control in my car is to speed up my right foot and to slow down my right foot as well then i use my left foot to press the clutch lol but honestly cruise control on lfs would be good
its called top gear and full throttle. just push clutch when gas not needed.

Cruise Control
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG