The online racing simulator
Major Help needed [overclocking laptop]
(154 posts, closed, started )
my sreen goes white when i put it even on 2 or over 2..., then i have to pull the plug
aww
Maybe increase the voltages? Either the BIOS, or just sitting closer to the wall socket.
doesnt doing it with clockgen increse the voltages itself?....and i cant change things from my bios
Yes, voltage increase is a good advise! If sitting closer to the wall socket isn't enough, chances are your harddrive is taking away too much power from the CPU. You can easily fix that by slowing down the HD with a magnet. Just permanently attach it to the bottom of your laptop (the magnet isn't influenced by the water). That way the CPU has more power and you can clock it higher before it crashes to a white screen
please stop trying to get me to blow my laptop up...im just asking nicely
Quote from harjun :please stop trying to get me to blow my laptop up...im just asking nicely

you dont need any help with that, your doing a good enough job of it yourself.

why not just leave it a 2?

now you've had it a 2.4 did you play lfs or anything else and notice any difference that would be worth the hassle that its caused?
i havent noticed my change in lfs...still 20-30 fps

how do i overclock my GCU
hahaha

so why bother if no increase!
Quote from andybarsblade :so why bother if no increase!

Just to point this out, when someone who does actually have the slightest clue about overclocking does it they DO get improvements in speed...
wait...its gone till 80fps
o.o

80fps then kaboom? Hope so

You /do/ have fire insurance, right? :S
holy....its going up tilll 90 now..

and this is 1.99Fps...

cant get it past 2....the screen goes white
Quote from harjun :holy....its going up tilll 90 now..

and this is 1.99Fps...

cant get it past 2....the screen goes white

Then leave it there. You've like tripled your FPS, surely you don't want more?
Go on, Put it up to 12ghz. You know you want to!

DK
what was the name of that guy who flew too close to the sun with wings held on with wax
Icarus!
Quote from XCNuse :Icarus!

Wasn't it Ickarus?

Sorry for being pedantic, i was gonna post more, but it's falling on deaf ears
how do i overclock my video card aswell?
Quote from Jakg :Wasn't it Ickarus?

Sorry for being pedantic, i was gonna post more, but it's falling on deaf ears

you have to admit tho, it is very monty python-ish lol. i think from now on i will call him "pinky" (from pinky and the brain)

Quote from harjun :how do i overclock my video card aswell?

that's a good question, how do YOU overclock an onboard shared memory laptop gpu? do you still have any red bull left over?
nope...my mums getting me some from tescos
*bangs head on desk* Damn it man, are you crazy?

First you try to tell a qualified computer techie that he's talking BS, then you piss me and Jakg and said techie off with sending dumb sound files over MSN, and harrassing me and Jakg. Piece of advice. GROW UP. I don't give two shits about you any more. Any vestiges of respect I had for you have gone. Piece of advice #2: Listen to what people tell you and #3, Don't go and play with computers unless ya know what you're doing. And #4. 13 is not a good age to pretend you're 17. You aren't. Stop being a twat and people might start to like you.

AAAAAAAAAAARGH!

DK
pretending im 17...? i never pretended to be 17...i said i was 13
This thread is closed

Major Help needed [overclocking laptop]
(154 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG