The online racing simulator
What was that?
(30 posts, started )
What was that?
Some kid with a syndrome.. reported me ( he is 9 yr old ). he is the biggest crasher.. he crashed me 2 times and i reported him...now he reported me as a payback... what can we do? i sayd to him..what for? you will get banned..and he sayd.. no im not get banned because becky knows im 9yrs old
#2 - Bean0
If there's nothing worthwhile in the report, there'll be no action taken against you. Real humans take a look at the reports remember
#3 - Jakg
Quote from Andrei221 :no im not get banned because becky knows im 9yrs old

Then he's an idiot, although you ARE partially responsible for revenge wrecking him.

EDIT - Wait, he reported you for nothing, and then expects not to be banned for wrecking you? He seems to have a mental age of 9 at least...
Quote from Jakg :Then he's an idiot, although you ARE partially responsible for revenge wrecking him

Where did he say that he did that?
Quote from Jakg :Then he's an idiot, although you ARE partially responsible for revenge wrecking him.

EDIT - Wait, he reported you for nothing, and then expects not to be banned for wrecking you? He seems to have a mental age of 9 at least...

i looked at the report..and he sayd that i was swearing..not crashing ( i dont crash) .. and i got the replay in the email...i looked at it and i didnt make anything wrong there..not even a touch..not even a swear.. so..he has some problems i think... me and sam made 3 reports vs him because he crashed all in t1
When the reports get looked at, he won't be worth worrying about.

Sam
Andrei I was on the server with you earlier and you were constantly trying to aggravate and cause response from other people on the server. You kept using language like "stfu" etc. which was highly unnecessary.

You even said you were going to report me because I accidentally hit you you also said you were going to report about 3 other members who all apologized.
sorry man..but have you read the rules?

Saying Sorry
Drivers who cause incident should say sorry with actions not words. Wait for the other car to repass you, even if it involves losing several other positions. Words are free, action is noble.
Quote from Andrei221 :sorry man..but have you read the rules?

Saying Sorry
Drivers who cause incident should say sorry with actions not words. Wait for the other car to repass you, even if it involves losing several other positions. Words are free, action is noble.

After I hit you and you rolled on your roof I waited for hmmm 1 or 2 minutes trying to push you back over in my car (but I was unsuccessful).

I couldnt do much more than try to help you get back into the race.
ok then no problem..let it be equal..good luck
the wrecker got banned..
#13 - SamH
FTR, if anyone willingly wastes admin time by tit-for-tat reporting, there WILL be consequences. As it was with the old system, even MORE so with the new system, you report for GENUINE offences. Whatever WASTED time someone costs the admins, I'll make bloody sure it costs the time-waster in licence points and/or CTRA track time.

If you have something to report, report it. If you're not absolutely sure, then STORE your report, download and look at the replay yourself in MYCTRA. We've made it REALLY easy to do this stuff. If it's for anything other than a breach of CTRA rules or sub-standard driving or in-server behaviour, then there's nothing to report. If you can't decide immediately, you can store the report until you do.
Quote from SamH :FTR, if anyone willingly wastes admin time by tit-for-tat reporting, there WILL be consequences. As it was with the old system, even MORE so with the new system, you report for GENUINE offences. Whatever WASTED time someone costs the admins, I'll make bloody sure it costs the time-waster in licence points and/or CTRA track time.

If you have something to report, report it. If you're not absolutely sure, then STORE your report, download and look at the replay yourself in MYCTRA. We've made it REALLY easy to do this stuff. If it's for anything other than a breach of CTRA rules or sub-standard driving or in-server behaviour, then there's nothing to report. If you can't decide immediately, you can store the report until you do.

Seconding Sam on this one. So far a good 1/2 of our reports have nothing on them, it is possible that people are getting confused with how the replay selection is done, but either way it takes a huge amount of time to review all the reports every day. So far I think it's over 1 hour a day for the admins to watch the reports submitted and with more people figuring out how the system works I expect this number to increase. 1 hour doesn't seem like much but you try to set aside a dedicated time each day for watching these replays =P
It's more than that I think Chris, I spent a good 90 minutes in the morning doing them, add your hour, and we ended with more reports than we started by the time the day was over.

We do get some reports that clearly aren't correctly filled in and that is frustrating. I am tempted to allow reports from the current race replay to alleviate this - but then we'd have even more reports.

So instead i'm focusing on ways to reduce reports, i've already limited racers to 1 mid race rejoin in the X-System - but i'm wondering if we need a little meeting where we discuss a reduction in the number of drivers on the 1st tier servers.
Everyone should watch the replay about 5 times, from different angles before submitting a report. There's so much you can have misunderstood at the time. It has happened to me that I though I had been wrecked, checked replay and it was actually my fault
Well you are supposed to review the replay before submitting, the system is setup to allow for that. I am thinking that people are submitting a replay after the race has finished and before the race has restarted. Doing this sends the PREVIOUS race replay and not the current one thats still running until restart.

hehe yeah it's a few hours at least. I just put in 1h 30 and there are still a good couple hours worth of reports left.. cutting down on the reports would help a lot =)

Is it possible to let people know that the previous replay is from the race before the one they just finished? I am thinking thats what's happening with alot of these replays, I donno.
renaming it to "the race before this one" might help

I got confused by "last race" as well.
Quote from Viper93 :Well you are supposed to review the replay before submitting

That's why there shouldn't be a submit button in the game. Instead you would have to go to the MyCTRA page to submit the reports, I think this would lessen the amount of heat of the moment reports. Altough if you did this, you would have to remind the drivers that they need to submit the reports and not only store them.
+ 1 to that!
How about a step-by-step guide to reporting?

Say I'm in a server and was wrecked. I want to report the twat that wrecked me. What I do is this:

1. Wait till the next race starts (which I will probably miss, because I can't type and race at the same time).

2. I type "$report" and the report screen comes up

3. I enter all the needed data which would include ...

etc.

I haven't reported anyone, yet, so I don't know what to do next, if I want to store the report and review the replay later etc. and the description on the ctra-site is not sufficient for me, tbh. Maybe someone knowledgeable could write a guide?
When you're filling out a report with $report, click 'Raise new report'. Once all the required information has been entered, you can click 'OK' at the bottom of the form. This saves the report you've written, but does not submit it. You're taken to the main reports page, where you can either delete or submit the report you just filled in. If you don't want to do either yet, click 'OK' to close the window - the report will still be saved.
On raceauthority.com, that report will now be in your 'Stored' reports section, and you can edit, submit or delete it from there too. This means that you can look over the replay, then submit the report afterwards from the website or $report ingame - or delete it if it isn't worth submitting.

This isn't really a definitive guide, just to give you a general idea. Hope this helps.

Sam
#23 - FL!P
Quote from geeman1 :That's why there shouldn't be a submit button in the game. Instead you would have to go to the MyCTRA page to submit the reports, I think this would lessen the amount of heat of the moment reports. Altough if you did this, you would have to remind the drivers that they need to submit the reports and not only store them.

I agree that it'd be very handy to be able to file reports also from the website.

And it would be great to have a button to get emailed the url of the current race's replay. Obviously it wouldn't matter if it wasn't emailed immediately but only when the next race had started, so that would work around the fact that LFS saves the replay only when the next race starts.

That way, getting wrecked wouldn't spoil two of your races, as you could "order" the replay email immediately instead of missing the next race to order it from $report (and maybe even more races if the grid is full). You could then check the replay later and file the report from the website. And I'm sure it would also reduce the number of reports you get with the wrong replay attached (I've made that mistake once myself too :shy.
I know this is waay OT but why is everyone using garph's avatar?

What was that?
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG