The online racing simulator
What was that?
(30 posts, started )
We cant possibly let you report from the current race, you have to make a sacrifice to report. At the moment there are several pages of reports outstanding and we're sinking under the quantity of them all. If we make it easier, we're done for. We're actually looking at ways of reducing reports for the time being and holding off on a few changes until we have made the system more manageable.
Quote from Leprekaun :I know this is waay OT but why is everyone using garph's avatar?

Nooo. HE is using OURS.
True that ^
#29 - FL!P
Quote from Becky Rose :We cant possibly let you report from the current race, you have to make a sacrifice to report. At the moment there are several pages of reports outstanding and we're sinking under the quantity of them all. If we make it easier, we're done for. We're actually looking at ways of reducing reports for the time being and holding off on a few changes until we have made the system more manageable.

I guess I wasn't clear enough. Sorry about that. I don't want to report from the current race. I'd just want to mark the current race for future verification somehow, so I could easily find the replay and check it several hours later to decide if it's worth a report or not. Having the replay link emailed to me would be a good way to do it, IMO, as it's already implemented. But any other way to mark or flag the current race so I can easily find its replay hours later would work as well.

What I've done so far was:

1. Save the replay locally;
2. check the replay later and decide to report or not;
3. if it's worth a report, log onto a CTRA server and file the report.

The problem with this method is to find the replay in CTRA's list at step 3, because I don't know what filename the system gave it and the timezone on my machine is not the same as on your servers.

The method I suggest would be:

1. Ask for the replay link to be emailed to me;
2. check the replay later and decide to report or not;
3. if it's worth a report, log onto CTRA's website and file the report (knowing the name the system gave it, then).
#30 - FL!P
On second thought, it occurs to me that the key word in your reply was "sacrifice", and obviously my suggestion doesn't address that. I understand that your current concern is to reduce the number of reports rather than making them easier to file. But then maybe there are other ways?

So far I've only seen reporting being recommended by CTRA admins and in CTRA rules. Maybe you could emphasize the fact that unjustified reports will be sanctioned by removing points from the reporter? Maybe you could also make a difference between the valid reasons for reporting depending on the server's rank? So only major offenses would be ok to report from the public servers, while smaller offenses would be ok to report on the higher servers?

What was that?
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG