The online racing simulator
Countdown before race starts
(18 posts, started )
-
-
I would like to see the time delay after you vote "Restart Race" . It helps everybody to get ready for the start and settle down on the grid . Ofcourse it must be set on server side like you said .
Quote from schofei :Missed the race several times when going into the garage but in the meantime the race was started.

A time delay between races / between qualify-race / after voting "Start race" could be helpful. In addition a countdown should be visible on screen to indicate when the next race will be started. Some other info about the race settings (e.g. number of laps, pit stops mandatory or not) should be displayed as well.

Some benefits:
- you would miss a race less likely while in the garage (or elsewhere)
- enough time to exchange setups with other drivers or to change your setup etc.
- enough time to save your replay after the race (sometimes they are just ultra fast with voting restart)
- people would cool down a bit after T1-crashes
- also the slower people could finish their race
- people who have joined most recently could check whether there will be enough time to do a quick warm-up lap before the next race
- without missing the next race there could be enough time for a short phone call with your girl friend telling her you would really like to meet this evening, but...

The time delay should be customizeable at the server side and could have different duration:
- time delay between races
- time delay between qualify-race
- time delay after voting "Start race"

Another benefit would be an autorun server feature with no "Start race" / "Qualify" voting necessary (besides T1-crash restarts)

Whilst in the garage LFS now shows Race Starting warning
You can see number of laps and whether a pit stop is required in the F12 menu
You can disallow restarts for a given period after a race finish, or a given period after a race start.
Your girlfriend should understand LFS comes first without a phone call

Having said that, an increase on the restart timer would be handy, as sometimes lag is enough to only just get you on the grid in time, and the hardcore mode I want would need to give time for ignition to be turned on, engines to be started and 1st gear engaged.
Tristan if it was up to you, Scawen would teleport an absolute replica of the car you are driving into your home so you can manually alter the setup
-
(schofei) DELETED by schofei
Quote from Chris_Kerry :Tristan if it was up to you, Scawen would teleport an absolute replica of the car you are driving into your home so you can manually alter the setup

Got my spanners at the ready.

And of course, the obligatory hacksaw (before anyone else gets that in first)
Please be careful, that FOX is very tempremental especially at Kyoto National!
Yeah I know. Damn Eric! Why can't he make easy tracks instead of these challenging ones
How about adding an option to start from the pits by pressing a certain button while the countdown is going on? When I'm first time online with some new car/track combo I really don't want to start in front of the grid. And this is mostly because I don't know the line from start to T1 (braking points etc.). And T1 is very dangerous place to be in lead and slow...

So you would be able to start from the pits. This could be also applied in races when one player hasn't got a qualify time so he should in that case start from the pits? (realistic?). Maybe it could be used as punishment by admin if he/she thinks some player is likely to cause hazards in T1 or as a punishment related to some earlier actions by a player...

Let's call it the hyper-start-system :P
Quote from tristancliffe :and the hardcore mode I want would need to give time for ignition to be turned on, engines to be started and 1st gear engaged.

Or even better, you all start in the pits, then you have roll upto the line up. And do all the stuff you see if you watch live racing. Sit around in the sun with hot females just there to be hot.
Then do the one lap behind the safty car, line up again, then wait for the lights :o That'd be soo hot.
Drag out the races a tad. But none the less
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Or even better, you all start in the pits, then you have roll upto the line up. And do all the stuff you see if you watch live racing. Sit around in the sun with hot females just there to be hot.
Then do the one lap behind the safty car, line up again, then wait for the lights :o That'd be soo hot.
Drag out the races a tad. But none the less

I don't expect this before S6

A safety car would be nice, indeed, but if you add a safety car, there must be a couple of things that come with it. I think this could be good:

- Better AI (we don't want the SC to be tard illepall )
- Remove all the things that are completly beyond reality of racing:
  • You can't teleport to pit in reality
  • Sometimes, the car could just stop moving if too damaged
  • Unfortunatly, we can't live with a part of the top a the car into our heads
  • A car can't repair itself only by standing in a yellow line box; a crew is needed
I forgot alot, I know it. But, you know, if devs are to remove things that are correct in LFS, there is a longer list:
  • I don't think M.Shumacher can horn slower cars in front of him
  • If I look over me, there is no name (okay, that might be usefull sometimes...)
  • well... the list is much more long, but I gotta go to a lesson
To conclude, i'd say that before devs evolve lfs to a level with SC and this sort of things, there is an urgent need to correct some lacks of reality here (the wood in the fzr, for instance )
Quote from boosterfire :
  • Unfortunatly, we can't live with a part of the top a the car into our heads

Oh my gosh. You have no idea how much I want a game to be like that. My dream game is one where if you hit a wall. Hard, that's it, your driver has a broken [body part here], and you have to retire. Dev's add car damage all the time. What I want is player damage

If you drive through a wooden fence, wood flys though the windscreen, and blam! Byebye head.

But for some reason it's never done. We get close (Flatout), but no cigar.
Like that?
Attached images
PBF055ADGameSystem.jpg
#13 - jmkz
yeah that or you can ask a buddy to kick you in the nuts.. hard.. after a crash, that way you'll share the pain with the virtual player
Before Player damage there should be fixes
in car damage too :S, Because sometimes when i Pit to repair my car,
Some idiot comes out of the garage ,hits my car and it goes Blasting away at
300 Km/h :S
Quote from boosterfire :
I don't think M.Shumacher can horn slower cars in front of him

You know... I never realized the hooter was usable in the BF1....

Now I realized my ignorance for those times I could have honked them over instead of spamming the "BLUE FLAG, LET ME PASS YOUR SLOW ASS" hotkey
Oh come on. An almost 4-year bump? Really?
@ codie: The BF1 have had a usable horn after the BF1 was included to Live for Speed.
@ AndroidXP: +1
This is a pretty clever bump; a suggestion that has absolutely nothing to do with the OP. The 'auto find similar thread titles' tool has done a good job again

Countdown before race starts
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG