The online racing simulator
How do you shift?
(39 posts, started )
yeah, i think it's them numbery things that live in your dashboard but seriously, if you've got the opportunity, Try racing with a clutch, more immersion and more control, i can't quite explain why, but if i use auto-clutch my driving deteriorates and i start making a real mess of things. (mainly with downchanges). so i stick with pedalling the 'ol gal.
since october 30th i shift with 3 pedals... unfortunatly i don't have a H-shifter :/
Quote from geeman1 :Tiny was maybe a little wrong word here, but any way you don't have to press the clutch all the way anyway. About half way maybe, when I used manual clutch I just pressed the clutch as fast as I could, so it's hard to tell how fully it went. Only thing I am sure of is that it's a lot faster to use manual clutch than autoclutch, because the autoclutch is really slow.

More like about 80-90% seems to depend on whether you've shifted gear or not before depressing the clutch. Your right about all the rest though, it is faster but that's the reward for doing it all yourself which takes extra skill and effort
I manual shift with my left hand. I use sequential shift and auto clutch as my wheel only has two pedals and a up/down shifter... can't think of to many cars that need you to press button to use the clutch when shifting gears
Quote from Rotary :I manual shift with my left hand. I use sequential shift and auto clutch as my wheel only has two pedals and a up/down shifter...

Same.
Except... i have the shifter on the right
Not sure why, It may have something to do with the amount of time I used to play Daytona in the game arcades... damn american cabinets
shift using left hand with a clutch totally need a H shifter cus i did sumtn stupid in ma car after playing LFS for a while and i prefer not to talk about it
Quote from VTcommodore :shift using left hand with a clutch totally need a H shifter cus i did sumtn stupid in ma car after playing LFS for a while and i prefer not to talk about it

LOL, you have to tell now

-
(VTcommodore) DELETED by VTcommodore : HAhahaha cus its sad
Hehe, ouch.
Pwn3d.
I have a feeling he downshifted when he meant to upshift
in that case
aahhahahahhahha
sorry. <3

Anyway, since my damn logitech pedals just stopped working I now use the padel shifters as gas+brake and the two buttons on the top center for shifting.

It
sucks
alot.
(200 degrees by the way)
Quote from xapexcivicx :I have a feeling he downshifted when he meant to upshift
in that case
aahhahahahhahha
sorry. <3

Or maybe he used the normal gearstick as it was a sequential gearstick without clutch. So he pulled it either up or down without clutching. :\
I'm shifting 100% manual.. manual clutch (3 pedal set), H-pattern shifter (Act-Labs). Heel & toe is so fun now that I can do it fluently and with no issues at all. Certainly ain't faster than with sequential gearbox and automatic clutch, but it gives much more to the "being there" feeling imo.
Quote from VTcommodore :shift using left hand with a clutch totally need a H shifter cus i did sumtn stupid in ma car after playing LFS for a while and i prefer not to talk about it

Hehe, I caught myself looking for my split times when i left my road t'other day, kinda scared me a little.
I don't shift, I let LFS do it for me.
-
(permanent568) DELETED by Flame CZE : Useless bump

How do you shift?
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG