The online racing simulator
Tyre Changes at Pit Stops
(17 posts, started )
I have searched for this in the forum but have not found a similar request...

The current system dictates that we should specify a percentage amount of wear to each tyre before it is changed at a pit stop. I would like the ability to select which tyres should be changed individually at the next pit stop from the F12 menu.

For example under the tyres option have 4 buttons: FL, FR, RL, RR.
You can then move between buttons with the left & right arrow keys and select with another key (space or shift for example) and when a tyres is to be changed, it is highlighted, when it is not to be changed it is not highlighted (toggle with select key)

I only ask this as it is hard to gauge how worn your tyres are at any given moment

I wonder if anyone else feels this would be an improvement, and with my limited programming experience I would hasten to say it should not be too hard to implement with boolean flags, one for each wheel?
+1

There is a lot of room for improvement with the current pit system.

You should also have the ability to prevent your "pit crew" from fixing your damage. Body damage currently does nothing but waste your time in the pits.

Also, currently all of your pit options are fulfilled as soon as you enter the pit box... except for fuel. So if you enter the pit box for 1 second and have a buddy bump you out from behind, you'll have everything fixed in 1 second....
+1 (If I understanded right)

You want more pit options during race, like beein to for example change tyre type from the F12 menu?

If thats the thing, then you get +11100002 from me! Thats really something that is needed
Pit crew also could make the game more realistic. See attachement
Attached images
PoDo_Krautpit1.jpg
Quote from [HUN] Wertigo :Pit crew also could make the game more realistic. See attachement

A low poly crew may work. just like in nascar 2003 season
Quote from [HUN] Wertigo :Pit crew also could make the game more realistic. See attachement

+1 awsome idea would be alot more realistic but would you be allowed to hit them? if you did then maybe you should get a penalty or maybe just make it so you can drive thru them to save any accidents
I would like the ability also to change types of tyre - to go from R1 - R2 - R3. (or road normal to Road Super)

I would also like to be able to force the option - for league races - like current formula 1 - where you have to use different tyre compunds during the race.
Ehm By the way.

If there was a pit crew we should have also:

*a button for PITS - so for example when you're racing you could press it and everyone else would know that you're going to pits and that you might brake and different place than usually (eg blackwood - just out of the turn)

Also it would mean the crew would be waiting for ya and having somekind stop SIGN - so you would know where to stop.

Everything else was mentioned i think.

by the way - why can't ya make a speed limiter for all cars? Obviously whatever car it is - if it's on a race track , I'd call it a race car and what race car doesn't have a speed limiter?
Quote :I would like the ability also to change types of tyre - to go from R1 - R2 - R3. (or road normal to Road Super)

You can already do this.

I'm all for having a visible pit crew, and damage being fixed gradually rather than immediately. The latter is quite easy, the former is something to go on the list of things that need to be in the final, perfect version of LFS

Sam
Indeed, the car's speed limiter is your right foot. You don't need anything more than that

So, you'd like to see a speed limiter on the UF1? It's likely that the car doesn't even have an ECU. How do you suppose a speed limiter is going to work?

Sam
Quote from Dark Elite :Indeed, the car's speed limiter is your right foot. You don't need anything more than that

So, you'd like to see a speed limiter on the UF1? It's likely that the car doesn't even have an ECU. How do you suppose a speed limiter is going to work?

Sam

You COULD get a unit that cuts the spark at a defined RPM when in 'Speed Limiter' mode (taking inputs from the coil), assuming you know your revs in the right gear for the pit lane speed limit. Much like a toggleable rev-limiter. You could get round it by changing up a gear

But no one bothers in real life, except in the closest, most expensive championships with lots of pitstops.
#13 - -M-

I don't see that so important. I would like more a group of server options... For example: Allow to change 1,2 or 4 tyres at the same time, allow to refuel and change tyres at the same time or force to do it separately...

Pit crew would be good if you could hit them with your car (brake too late, hurt someone and lose some time in your stop due to the lack of people... ), maybe if you stop too early or too late they should run to your car and you lose time... But if they are only graphics I dont wan't them.
Quote :You COULD get a unit that cuts the spark at a defined RPM when in 'Speed Limiter' mode (taking inputs from the coil), assuming you know your revs in the right gear for the pit lane speed limit. Much like a toggleable rev-limiter. You could get round it by changing up a gear

Very true, but why not save yourself the bother and set first gear's ratio so that the rev limiter comes in at the speed limit?
You could get round it by switching it off, too

Sam
In LFS, the above technique works.
In real life, driving into the pits using your gearing and the redline limiter to keep your speed down WILL destroy your engine.

Just depends whether we are comparing LFS with reality or not.
Quote from Dark Elite :Very true, but why not save yourself the bother and set first gear's ratio so that the rev limiter comes in at the speed limit?
You could get round it by switching it off, too

Sam

Most ppl do this but i found something more that you can go full trottle and hold tha handbrake =) but then again you have to edit the ratio of the 1st or 2nd gear ^^

those 2 are the techs that i use ;p im not a good racer tho (tryin to be)
Quote :In LFS, the above technique works.
In real life, driving into the pits using your gearing and the redline limiter to keep your speed down WILL destroy your engine.

Just depends whether we are comparing LFS with reality or not.

I was trying to avoid bringing reality into this, I know that's a very unhealthy thing to do - and I don't do it anyway, even if first gear can act as a limit I'll still use second and my right foot - because it just feels wrong.
And once engine damage is modelled better, nobody will do that in LFS either.

Using the handbrake probably won't do your tyres any favours, and I'd have thought it's a bit less reliable than just... easing off the throttle.. But I can understand keyboard users going for the gear ratio option.

Sam

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG