The online racing simulator
Question for the Devs
(42 posts, started )
Question for the Devs
So this might be out of the question but I'll ask anyway.

Do you guys (Devs) think it could be at all possible to hold a competition to design a track that could eventually be included in S3 or some future release? This would be Fantastic!!
Now by design I don't necessarily mean the entire track in 3D and playable... (unless you could do it)
I just mean maybe drawn up layouts and 3d renders and images etc. etc.

Just thought I'd ask... (and if this has been asked here before i apologise )
Quote from Fandango :So this might be out of the question but I'll ask anyway.

Do you guys (Devs) think it could be at all possible to hold a competition to design a track that could eventually be included in S3 or some future release? This would be Fantastic!!
Now by design I don't necessarily mean the entire track in 3D and playable... (unless you could do it)
I just mean maybe drawn up layouts and 3d renders and images etc. etc.

Just thought I'd ask... (and if this has been asked here before i apologise )

Hehe, this should go in the suggestion forum
But it sounds fun, if good 3d renders and image editing people could have a competition like that.
Sadly I don`t belive that the Dev`s have the time and wants a competition like this..

but

+1 from me, good idea
+1 nothing to say, its just Victors Edit : Eric's - tracks... well suck. They Look nice, but cmon, the Chicane thing on Southcity is a disaster, and what are constant Chicanes on Fern Bay all about? The only Decent track is Blackwood, because you could imagine real cars racing there, Aston is borderline.. i mean, HAIRPIN STRAIGHT HAIRPIN STRAIGHT 5 FLAT OUT SWEEPING CORNERS it just aint fun
Oh aye, blackwood is a beast
It's not Victor, it's Eric who designs the tracks, Blueflame. And then do a better fantasytrack by yourself or play something else, lame flamer.
Quote from Vykos69 :It's not Victor, it's Eric who designs the tracks, Blueflame. And then do a better fantasytrack by yourself or play something else, lame flamer.

Flamer? its supposed to be a simulation, what are the Chicanes on Fern Bay trying to acheive, ANSWER ME THAT!!?
#7 - Jakg
Quote from BlueFlame :+1 nothing to say, its just Victors Edit : Eric's - tracks... well suck. They Look nice, but cmon, the Chicane thing on Southcity is a disaster, and what are constant Chicanes on Fern Bay all about? The only Decent track is Blackwood, because you could imagine real cars racing there, Aston is borderline.. i mean, HAIRPIN STRAIGHT HAIRPIN STRAIGHT 5 FLAT OUT SWEEPING CORNERS it just aint fun

SO's Chicane isn't a disaster, imo it's a fun and hard corner - like most of SO it has character and i like that.

And Aston is the sort of thing Tilde would think is too... risqué for an F1 circuit
Well, due to the fact, you dont even know who does what in the devs team, you prolly might have forgotten that FernBay is about 4 years old and was one of the first tracks, Eric designed. And in the beginning it was done for the slow cars. So be patient, I bet there'll be an update to Fern Bay at some time. And besides that, it quite well covers the idea of a track of some little motorsports club in the caribean.
Quote from BlueFlame :+1 nothing to say, its just Victors Edit : Eric's - tracks... well suck. They Look nice, but cmon, the Chicane thing on Southcity is a disaster, and what are constant Chicanes on Fern Bay all about? The only Decent track is Blackwood, because you could imagine real cars racing there, Aston is borderline.. i mean, HAIRPIN STRAIGHT HAIRPIN STRAIGHT 5 FLAT OUT SWEEPING CORNERS it just aint fun

This is a brilliant way to convince the devs to hold a track design competition.

Quote from Vykos69 :Well, due to the fact, you dont even know who does what in the devs team, you prolly might have forgotten that FernBay is about 4 years old and was one of the first tracks, Eric designed. And in the beginning it was done for the slow cars. So be patient, I bet there'll be an update to Fern Bay at some time. And besides that, it quite well covers the idea of a track of some little motorsports club in the caribean.

I agree, but please, just tell me what the Chicanes do!
Thats right, they do NOTHING. you can go flatout through there in MANY cars, ok, maybe not so carelessly if your going for a WR but in a race...

I think the tracks DO suck, i mean, if its supposed to be a simulation, real or not, the tracks have to make you BELIEVE that cars could race there, IF it were a REAL location
Quote from BlueFlame :Flamer? its supposed to be a simulation, what are the Chicanes on Fern Bay trying to acheive, ANSWER ME THAT!!?

They're not classic chicanes, which are intended to slow cars down. Instead, they funnel traffic. It's easy to go through most of the Fern Bay chicanes without braking or lifting when you're by yourself. It's not so easy when you're racing side by side with someone.
Quote from BuddhaBing :They're not classic chicanes, which are intended to slow cars down. Instead, they funnel traffic. It's easy to go through most of the Fern Bay chicanes without braking or lifting when you're by yourself. It's not so easy when you're racing side by side with someone.

Thankyou, someone enlightened me!:throwrose
oh, an uptodate damage system would make you go slower there too...
Quote from Vykos69 :oh, an uptodate damage system would make you go slower there too...

Vykos, so you agree that the damage system sucks?
Would be fun designing a track
I don't see anything wrong with Eric's work. he tried his best to make a fun, and useable racing simulator and has done a fantastic job.
Quote from BlueFlame :Vykos, so you agree that the damage system sucks?

He didn't say that.

He said an improved one would help. Everyone knows the damage system we have is an early version, and that it will get better. But it doesn't "suck".
I like some of the tracks in LFS and there are some I don`t like, but there will allways be like this. Someone may like xxx track and someone myabe rather prefer the xxx track

And the thing is that LFS that suits the game, not all kinds of tracks would fit in the game LFS, and I think that is important to have in mind. Big standar racing tracks would be borring in LFS since we prefer somehow small tracks that are pretty easy to learn fast
And don`t say that you do nto agree, because who would drives FE black and likes that a lot?
Some of course but not many, because they prefer the good old short tracks

But.. there probally will be more tracks added to LFS with time, so just give the DEV`s some time I really would be glad if they surprise us with a new track in a near future
lol, now I start day dreaming and writing crap again, sorry for that
So driving XRT's around Aston fits does it?

Astons worst problem, is its trying to hard, at least Blackwood, SC and Fern Bay weren't, JakG said, its something Tilke, would design, it has an Eau Rouge-like corner.. Aston HAS to be my most disliked track, and people saying Fern bay was Erics old work, it doesn't make sense, so many people go against MY opinions, with like 20 others which all contridict one aan other, like i said in another post, theres too much to argue about, and thats just about what people think the game is, or what people think it isn't/
Quote from BlueFlame :Eric's - tracks... well suck. They Look nice, but cmon, the Chicane thing on Southcity is a disaster, and what are constant Chicanes on Fern Bay all about? The only Decent track is Blackwood, because you could imagine real cars racing there, Aston is borderline.. i mean, HAIRPIN STRAIGHT HAIRPIN STRAIGHT 5 FLAT OUT SWEEPING CORNERS it just aint fun

-1 on this...
tracks are good, and challenging (IMHO)
Quote from BlueFlame :So driving XRT's around Aston fits does it?

Astons worst problem, is its trying to hard, at least Blackwood, SC and Fern Bay weren't, JakG said, its something Tilke, would design, it has an Eau Rouge-like corner.. Aston HAS to be my most disliked track, and people saying Fern bay was Erics old work, it doesn't make sense, so many people go against MY opinions, with like 20 others which all contridict one aan other, like i said in another post, theres too much to argue about, and thats just about what people think the game is, or what people think it isn't/

15 commas in that post. 1 sentence. I have no idea what you're saying.
Read more carefully then or change commas into full stops
Quote from BlueFlame :So driving XRT's around Aston fits does it....

Not all the cars will go well with all the tracks (if you're trying to say they should, well, I don't want to insult you but come on.) a good track for the XRT will not necessarily be a good track for other cars, the BF1 for example.
Tracks in LFS are really not challanging nor logical, especially considering the beautiful physics we have. There are too many flat out curves, not enough corners and the streights are way too long.
BL rev is one of my fav tracks ingame, along with ASclub, and all Fernbay. However, they are all to short (FE Black is nice and long and I love it with passion).
Also, I prefer all these tracks in non GTR cars as they seem to be made for non GTR. WE has potential to be a great GTR track but it lacks quantity of curves and corners. (GTR track are meant to be high speed, just not as simple and easy as AS)

Ever since I started playing LFS, I hoped for an editor so I could convert the dirt part of BL into tarmac, even it out a bit and connect it to the rest of the track by taking out the long streight. Now imagine the LX, FOX or anything on it for that matter.
An bad combination is Bf1 on SO Classic
It`s just too damn fast hehe, you get very stressed in the lenght by driving this combo.

Question for the Devs
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG