The online racing simulator
Thanks to all the G25 owners...
(18 posts, started )
For indirectly influencing me to buy one! Got it today and I'm in love!!! It has actually helped me drive better. Took the LX6 out on BL for a little hot lapping and did the best I've ever done with it, don't worry, I still suck but just a little less than before. So if any of you are on the fence about getting one, get off that fence and do it!

I agree :3

I love mine so much

gets to be quite the workout though!
great.. I have the DFP (less £££) and I think that is amazing. I did try a friends G25 and the difference id huge from a feel point and the other factors like clutch and gearstick
glad u like it!
Any decent wheel is great, G25 being the best from the consumer bunch. It really lets the game shine IMO. What's funny, I've found myself drive the more "difficult" cars since I got mine (DFP) and I'm having a blast with them. (LX, Rac, XRT etc)
I have to admit though, I've gotten slower in the GTR's and Fox. Go figure

Congrats on getting your G25.
It is a great wheel. I love the thing. Ok, so I am on my third one and this one is leaving too.

Lucky third replacement? (hopefully)
still waiting for the prices to go a bit lower... 300 eur is kinda too much for the wheel
If you buy through Internet you can find it for 197,47 Euro in Germany (without shipping costs, but they shouldn't exceed +/- 20€)
#8 - Rikje
I can get one in holland for 192 euro's but I've bought a DFP 2 months ago... Perhaps I'll get one later or if my DFP suddenly dies(crosses fingers :P)

Anyways glad you like yours
i agree, i have mine for a few weeks and love it.. (except for the shifter, wich could be better for multiple reasons)

I started with setting the force feedback strenght at 25 to learn.. currently it's set at 100 and it love it. What strenght to u guys use?
Quote from auto emocion :i agree, i have mine for a few weeks and love it.. (except for the shifter, wich could be better for multiple reasons)

I started with setting the force feedback strenght at 25 to learn.. currently it's set at 100 and it love it. What strenght to u guys use?

160 in LFS, 102 in profiler
Quote from auto emocion :I started with setting the force feedback strenght at 25 to learn.. currently it's set at 100 and it love it. What strenght to u guys use?

I never used force feedback before and wasn't sure I was going to like it but man what a difference it makes! I use 101% in the profiler and 50 in game and like it a lot.
i have the profiler set at 105.. because the picture in the lfs manual showed it that way.. does it make a big difference between 101 and 105? My guess is no
It really is a great wheel, i just don't like it enough the way it is out of the box. Mainly because everyone has the default G25 wheel and i absolutely hate to have some default peace of crap everyone can buy. So the first thing to do is to put your own 'real' racing wheel on it to make it unique. I put on a snap-off connector too so i can dismount the wheel. It's mostly important too since someone can't seat himself in my simulator with the wheel mounted. So snap-off is the way to go, and the extra fun part is that i'm able to place the wheel in my car

One main disadvantage is that the snap-off unit puts the wheel closer towards you and makes the gap between wheel and flipper-paddles larger, so i had to extend the flipper-paddles in able reach them without getting the cramps

All requered some decent time of work and fiddling to get it all right. Now when i see a default G25 i laugh my ass off, it suddenly looks like a silly thin and small wheel for the kids

Anyway, when i had to mount the wheel rock solid to the simulator housing (no motion sim, just a wooden construction with seat, monitor and surroundset all in one, its a work in progress) I figured the 6mm bolt-mounts were no good since they are placed at the back of the base. The clamps in the front did not extend enough to hold onto a 4" peace of wood which resulted in loose behaviour. I could tilt the wheel up and down far too easy. So I took the wheel apart and made some new 8mm holes located more towards the center of the base. In the end it all fitted like a glove. All happy etc. and put the stuff back together... but suddenly nothing worked anymore. I must have made some major mistake which shorted out the main circuit board of the G25. This silly actions never happen to me, it just had to happen with some quite expensive peace of equipment and now i have no wheel anymore

Well, silly me, now i have to buy a new one only for the damn circuit board. Guess i could use the spare parts in the future so no hard feelings though

This all happened two months ago so i'm not able to drive for quite some time now. The biggest problem is that i have no job at the moment, but it seems things are working out for me so it wont be long now till i get an income and everything goes back to the way it was... oh man i miss to drive that FOX around so badly. Well it's my own fault anyway... just wanted to share this little experience with y'all

G25's rock and make u a so much better driver, when i took my old wheel out i noticed why the G25 was so much better in terms of precision, the long stroke paddels and the optical wheel sensor (like the optical wheel with holes inside a bal-mouse) instead of a potentiometer are making things so much better to control and make it all last so much longer. I guess the G25 will last for ages, u really have to do something very bad to brake it. Also the shifter is quite sturdy, i opened it up about 10 times to make things stiffer but that also will last long based on the mechanical parts. The switches used to make it actually 'shift' will brake down sooner i guess. The shifter has some major flaws though and i don't like it very much, so i will make my own one from scratch.

Anyway, everyone who loves LFS and can't afford the REAL sim-wheels should buy a G25 and nothing less. A DFP is just crap in my point of view and should not be compared to G25's.

--EDIT--

About the force settings. U should put ingame force at 100% at all times. It has nothing to do with strength but with HOW the force is dispersed. When driving the force above 100% u get clipping, just like an Amplifier so u won't notice the slight differences at the top levels like comparing a sine wave to a square wave. Turning it below 100% gives u less information to play with, which results in less force precision. Like 8bit compared to 16bit.
I can't drive for 4 hours with the wheel at 100% in the Logitech control centre, so i put all levels at 60%. For FOX driving this is quite nice, but my wheel is also slightly larger than normal so it will take less energy to counter the force. My teammate uses force levels around 50% on the FOX, when drifting with XRT or LX6 we use much lower forces so we can really smash the wheel around without getting tired. Besides all that i always use the exact same wheel rotation as the ingame-car which states 450% on FOX and 720% on roadcars. Also set the Logitech control panel at the right value + ingame wheel rotation setting both at the same levels, and never use wheel-turn compensation on a wheel like this! This allows for the most linear and most realistic feel possible.
Quote from Rikje :I can get one in holland for 192 euro's but I've bought a DFP 2 months ago... Perhaps I'll get one later or if my DFP suddenly dies(crosses fingers :P)

Shouldn't be that hard to sell your DFP, I guess...
I hope your reverse doesnt break.

Mine broke couple days ago after 6 months, requesting via logitech, at a standstill atm
#16 - DeKo
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I hope your reverse doesnt break.

Mine broke couple days ago after 6 months, requesting via logitech, at a standstill atm

Obviously reversing after spinning out far too much

Yeah i absolutely love my G25, it was basically the G25 general discussion thread that made me buy one.
I love mine too.

Drifting and holding the car straight and everything is so easy now!
Quote from Rikje :I can get one in holland for 192 euro's but I've bought a DFP 2 months ago... Perhaps I'll get one later or if my DFP suddenly dies(crosses fingers :P)

Oh, I selled my 1 week old DFP for buying a G25, son don´t worry
It would be arrive this week

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG