The online racing simulator
a "hint" for g25 users.
(22 posts, started )
a "hint" for g25 users.
Hey, i just wanted to say something about the g25 pedals. I bought my g25 about 3 weeks ago, and started using my clutch pedal for braking, as i don't use it (yet) anyway.. i figured it would be more comfortable to have more space between my left and right foot.. I played a few weeks like this and thought it was fine.

Now i just tried using the real brake pedal and it's alot better! I have way more feeling with it.. and my lap times were getting better after about 5 laps of getting used to it!

Of course the braking pedal is stiffer.. but i also have the feeling that it has a progressive spring, and the clutch pedal does not. I don't know that for sure.. but one thing i do know: no more clutchpedal braking for me!

I thought maybe this can help some people
So, if I understand you correctly, you were using your left foot to brake and right foot to accelerate?
Yes, and im still doing that.. this way i lose no time moving my foot left and right.. the only difference is i now use the brake pedal in stead of the clutch pedal.
I see...my left foot is too clumsy to left foot brake
Weird. Do you use auto-clutch then? Nothing like mashing your way down the box manually under braking while blipping the throttle.
Yes, i use auto clutch.

Is using manual clutch faster?
#7 - Jakg
Another tip

Dont use the wheel as accelerator/brake and the pedals for steering.
Quote from Jakg :Another tip

Dont use the wheel as accelerator/brake and the pedals for steering.

im guessing your think my "hint" is kinda silly
Quote from auto emocion :im guessing your think my "hint" is kinda silly

I thought 'Hey, I'm gonna try that!' Then I could use the brake pedal for the throttle and...Maybe not.
#10 - Jakg
Quote from auto emocion :im guessing your think my "hint" is kinda silly

your "hint" was to use the brake pedal as a.... wait for it.... brake pedal! I NEVER would of worked that out on my own
#11 - DeKo
the best tip for getting used to the G25 is DONT stand on the clutch at t1 and wonder what happened when youve plowed through the full field.

Im starting to get used to manual clutch, right foot braking and blipping the throttle when downshifting, but its absurdly easy for me seeing as my feet are so wide that i can comfortably press both pedals at the same time without having to rotate it.
Quote from DeKo :the best tip for getting used to the G25 is DONT stand on the clutch at t1 and wonder what happened when youve plowed through the full field.

Im starting to get used to manual clutch, right foot braking and blipping the throttle when downshifting, but its absurdly easy for me seeing as my feet are so wide that i can comfortably press both pedals at the same time without having to rotate it.

hehe. done that a few times... hmm it appears that was the clutch... not the brake
Quote from DeKo :the best tip for getting used to the G25 is DONT stand on the clutch at t1 and wonder what happened when youve plowed through the full field.

I did that when I started off, by default when I'd brake hard my left foot would push the clutch down. I can only race with one pair of shoes (well trainers as I don't like racing barefoot) because anything else makes my feel too wide and I can't use the brake without hitting the other pedals.
I use socks. Can't race in shoes :P Of course, I still can't heel-toe, nor have I got the hang of right foot braking. I need to actually practice these techniques to get better, though, I guess.
Quote from Jakg :your "hint" was to use the brake pedal as a.... wait for it.... brake pedal! I NEVER would of worked that out on my own

hehe.. you got a point, but i read more people were also using the clutch pedal as a brake pedal so i thought i'd bring it up. That's why i called it a "hint" and not a hint.
#16 - Pig
Quote from auto emocion :Yes, i use auto clutch.

Is using manual clutch faster?

faster? nope

More difficult? Yes

Does it multiply the immersion factor by 100%? yeap...
Quote from Pig :faster? nope

More difficult? Yes

Does it multiply the immersion factor by 100%? yeap...

clear answer, thanks.

I think ill just keep using auto clutch untill there is some force manual clutch option.
Quote from MAGGOT :I use socks. Can't race in shoes :P Of course, I still can't heel-toe, nor have I got the hang of right foot braking. I need to actually practice these techniques to get better, though, I guess.

I can't heal-toe with socks after 20 laps it starts to get uncomfortable, although with me it is more the middle of my foot than the heal. I learnt a lot by watching WRC on Euro Sport years ago, they used to have foot well cameras in the corner of the screen so you can see how busy ones feet have to be to keep on the track.

Play about with the pedals when you're not playing anything, I never move mine, so I just practise shifting and such when I'm reading forums and such.
Quote from Jakg :your "hint" was to use the brake pedal as a.... wait for it.... brake pedal! I NEVER would of worked that out on my own

But the point was and clearly stated that by using the clutch pedal for the while the brake pedal felt great, it's like when you get used to a fast new PC, it doesn't seem so fast untill you have a go on something half as good.

Generally quite p**sed off that someone is trying to give a little advice to others on a public forum and gets replies like the one quoted.
#20 - Jakg
his post was that he used the clutch as a brake, then used the brake as a brake and low and behold it was better!

I dont know anyone who uses the clutch as a brake (i only ever did when each pedal of my ACT Labs kit slowly broke!) and i would of thought that telling someone to use the pedal for what its designed for is not a hint but blatently obvious
Alot of people use the clutch pedal as a brake actually, infact the only people I know is now you and Jonesy_, the rest i've heard with them use the clutch.

But your still not getting the point, what he pointed out was the brake pedal may not have felt as good to start with but after going from the clutch to the brake pedal it felt good, maybe encouraging those people who have never used the brake pedal to try it out. He's not saying use the brake pedal as a brake, he's saying to the many people out there using the clutch pedal to give it a try, as he clearly pointed it out it helped his times and may help theres.

Must be great though, being so perfect that anything that isn't up to your uber standards will be used as a piss take, even when 1 person is just trying to give a little help.

I am so glad I'm not the only one to have done this.... Several times! (edit, really only to myself though, not half the field)

G25 is my happy place.

a "hint" for g25 users.
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG