The online racing simulator
Race 2 Server: Have Your Say
I am interested to hear the opinions of silver+ drivers here, those who this effects.

The race 2 server is currently our least occupied and runs TBO cars. Now many silver + gold drivers are running on server 1 because they want to race the XFG/XRG.

Would you guys like for server 2 to become a multi-class server running both the XFG+XRG class and the TBO class using our multi-class system (TBO's infront on the grid and independent results)?

The choice is yours, please post if you think you might use this server or if you currently are using it.

EDIT: Sorry wrong forum, should be in CTRA subsection. SORRY!
#2 - DeKo
That would be pretty class actually, from what ive seen the GTR multi class servers work really well, then this should work well too.

If not though, theres always the possibility of a silver+ only XFG/XRG server?

I think a lot of people are taking advantage of the fact that they can gain points on the lower servers, maybe go back to the way it was before that you cant make points on the lower servers if you have a higher license?
Quote from DeKo :I think a lot of people are taking advantage of the fact that they can gain points on the lower servers, maybe go back to the way it was before that you cant make points on the lower servers if you have a higher license?

I feel the same way, since being a Bronze licensed driver I can't really compete with the Silver, Gold and Platinum drivers yet. Some battles for points with drivers of my own skill level, like when it was STCC, would surely boost my skill and motivation.
Short and to the point: NO!
Honestly I just prefer racing the smaller and slower cars, right now I'm really into the xrg for example, and I used to really be into the xfg before that. Becky maybe you can bring back the UF1 server, I bet it would fill up fast.
would be fun to race the STD class with some experienced racers

so +1 for a multiclass silver^ server
I think the more multiclass servers the better, they make really interesting racing

edit: an LRF/TBO server (multiclass event server I guess) wouldn't be the end of the world either
I'm not Silver licenced, but then again it's not only those who are that this affects, Becky - remember, if Silver and higher licenced drivers don't go into Race 2, they're in Race 1 and outclassing us

So, I'd like for there to be a choice of the XFG/XRG as well for Silver and higher only - as it is, Silver licenced drivers have nothing further than Copper drivers if they like the XFG more than the TBO-class cars. It's up to the 'voting public' whether it's a seperate server or a multiclass one, though.

(Seeing as I'm close to Silver, I'll say that racing TBO-class cars alongside STD-class (must it have that abbreviation? :razz ones might be fun, but it might be frustrating. As the cars in the TBO class are very different already, it might not be that great to have any more complications in there... My vote would probably go to the seperate server option, but maybe your multiclass system is so cool we'd want it

Sam
I wouldn't like it. I like the 3 TBO cars and seeing their strengths and weaknesses on different tracks. I think adding XFG would spoil the balance slightly. That's my opinion anyway.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I wouldn't like it. I like the 3 TBO cars and seeing their strengths and weaknesses on different tracks. I think adding XFG would spoil the balance slightly. That's my opinion anyway.

What does having multiple classes on track have to with class balancing?
I think on the shorter or tighter circuits (SO Town, FE Club) it could be a bit of a nightmare. On the XFG/XRG server there's usually at least one cluebie mid-race joiner driving out of the pits into the path of the leaders or getting spooked by blue flags and panicking when being lapped. Imagine that dude in an XFG with a field of XRTs bearing down on him.

It'd probably be fine on the more modern-type circuits like KY2 where the TBO drivers would have safer lapping opportunities, but I would fall asleep driving an XFG or XRG around a track like that.

-1 from me, then.

Edit: I also don't really see the appeal of multi-class racing. It just means less people to race against and a bunch of moving obstacles.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think on the shorter or tighter circuits (SO Town, FE Club) it could be a bit of a nightmare. On the XFG/XRG server there's usually at least one cluebie mid-race joiner driving out of the pits into the path of the leaders or getting spooked by blue flags and panicking when being lapped. Imagine that dude in an XFG with a field of XRTs bearing down on him.

(...)

-1 from me, then.

Exactly the way I see it. Mid-race joiners are already a problem on shorter circuits on the FOX server. Sometimes you just don't know whether someone has joined late and is battling for positions just for the hell of it or whether he's a lap down because of pitting/accidents etc. I can see this getting much worse on a multi-class STD/TBO server.

Personally I just have not raced TBOs (except for friday) because I wanted to try out the FOX server first (and I don't have enough time to do both). Since the Fox-server was not that much fun tonight, I can see myself dropping into the TBO server much more in the future.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :What does having multiple classes on track have to with class balancing?

Sorry, my post didn't make much sense! What I was trying to say is what thisnameistaken said below me.
I am a silver license holder who races on server 1, sorry.

I've been trying to think of an excuse as to why I do, but I can't. I think i'll try to go to server 2 first and if it's too quiet then move to server 1.

I get a lot more points for my efforts on server 2, I just pick server 1 instead, for a reason I can't quite put my finger on yet.

I have a hunch it has something to do with hatchbacks and front wheel drive racing, but I know the XRG is rear wheel drive and the FXO is fwd, so that's why I am confused.

As soon as I get gold, i'll be on server 3 in the XFR/UFR.
#15 - troy
Quote :edit: an LRF/TBO server (multiclass event server I guess) wouldn't be the end of the world either

the tied LRF/TBO class sounds fun, i would love to see LRF back in action,
or add some weight on the LX4 and let it run with the TBO's, top speed is
already about the same its just much lighter then the others.
i'm sure you could level it out with the rest of the cars after some tweaking
I really like the server as it is to be honest from a car and track perspective. I just dont get any points on it so have stuck to bump n jump instead where I do get points. I'd love to race the GTR classes but as I cant get points like I used to on the old system, I may as well, play the Single seater and BNJ......
I have been on the TBO server. But mostly i have been trying the SS server. Might be the newness that more people try Bump & Jump or SS 1 now?

Well since i just got silver both TBO and FOX both are new to me and now i kind of lean towards FOX.

Multiclass in principle nothing against it, but I dont like too much difference in speed.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I also don't really see the appeal of multi-class racing. It just means less people to race against and a bunch of moving obstacles.

Exactly. So that´s a -1 from me too.

Plus the humiliation when a lower class driver beats you.
it's not GTR cars so -1
hi Becky,

Although not Silver ( yet ) I can understand what you are saying, but as somebody pointed out, it all depends on the track. I mean a tight twisty track, classic, so2, fe club, etc etc, this would be a nightmare. The longer wider tracks, westhill, kyo2 etc, it would be ok, but then you are limiting the track selection, again, not something you would like to do.

Personally, when I look at servers, as I like "pick up" races, I go for numbers. I am less likely to join a server with nobody in it, then I am with people already there.

I think you need to approach it differently, as in, as people are silver licensed, maybe extend the race lenght, introduce compulsory pitstops, etc, things like that.

Your Teams programming skills are 2nd to non, so the world is your oyster as in what you can set on your servers. Multi Classed grids are good, but you might be opening up a can of worms that will be hard to contain.

I hope this all makes sense

Fordie
Multi-class racing would be good, but like everyone says, on longer tracks.

I have yet to race on the bronze servers, but is it still nil points for drivers with a sliver+ license?.

I currently use the silver server, simply because I prefer the TBO class against the GTR's and SS, I also like the XRG/XFG server, but tend to stay away because of the lower class drivers (maybe elitism on my part, but IMO thats how it is).

So I can see a few options

1) An XFG/XRG silver server.
2) A mixed XFG/XRG/TBO silver server with appropriate track selections.
3) Leave it as is.

Personally, I would be happy with either option.
I'd like a separate multi-class server for those that like to mix it up, combining all the cooper-bronze-silver-gold licence holders.
I'd like the silver+gold TBO server to remain available as is now, and also the beginners server for the XFG and XRG as separate.
There are not enough LFS'rs to run a dedicated silver+ STD servers aswell as a TBO server. Opening one would only server to make 2 servers barren, I know its been suggested a few times, but it is just not viable at all.

I think the concerns i've seen against are based mostly on a fear of what might go wrong, so it might be worth trying this out with a short trial to see if it actually is the case or not.
Why not make 2 nights a week a muti-class server?
Multi-class Mondays, could catch on, along with FOX Fridays, Westhill Wednesdays and Single-Seater Sunday .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG