The online racing simulator
What do VSQMP Mean?
(12 posts, started )
What do VSQMP Mean?
What do the code letters VSQM and P mean in the online game screen? I can't find a description of their meaning anywhere.
#2 - th84
v= users may vote

s= users may select track

q= qualify

m= mid-race join

p= private host
To clarify:

v = users may vote to kick/ban other users

s = users may select the track, change the number of laps, change qualify session length

q = it is possible to being qualifying session on this host (it is not necessarily enforced)

m = mid-race joining is allowed
Quote from th84 :p= private host

I thought the "p" in the server description indicated that a pit-stop is compulsory.
Cool, thanks.

Now for Part II: Once in an online game, you can send and receive car setups from other online players. Clicking the green S takes someone else's setup. How do I send a setup?

Also, there are buttons to ban and kick other players but what are the W and T buttons for?
Quote from STROBE :I thought the "p" in the server description indicated that a pit-stop is compulsory.

I believe you're right - you can see whether the host is private or public elsewhere. And even then, "P" wouldn't make much sense, since it could mean either of those
#7 - Lible
Quote from RoadHazard :Cool, thanks.

Now for Part II: Once in an online game, you can send and receive car setups from other online players. Clicking the green S takes someone else's setup. How do I send a setup?

Also, there are buttons to ban and kick other players but what are the W and T buttons for?

To send a setup, you need to be in race and press the SS button. W button is the contoller W - Wheel KS - keyboard M - mouse. And i don`t know what T button are you talking about.
The W stands for 'Wheel'

In one column you should be able to see what control type each player is using for instance

Player 1 - W (wheel)
Player 2 - M (mouse)
Player 3 - Ks (Keyboard stablised)
Player 4 - Kn (I think it is Kn, meaning Keyboard non stablised or something)

And the "T" is to request to change places with another driver after they finish a pitstop.... ie... like endurance races where drivers get out of the car and a new driver can take over. You just press T once, they get the request, and if they press T on their side as well, then you can be switched after the pitstop process is finished.

:up:
#9 - Misko
And theres a new letter in LFS World list of hosts:

R - host is connected to the Insim Relay
#10 - th84
Quote :I thought the "p" in the server description indicated that a pit-stop is compulsory.

well really we are both right!!! the "p" in bold is "private host"
the lower case "p" on the right of the bold letters is "mandatory pit"
The T button is for handing off to, or taking over for, another driver. Can't remember exactly how it works, but get out there with another driver and both of you click the T. The next time the one driving pits, the one spectating will take the car after the stop. Really, really, really cool.
You get his setup, his skin, his tyre temps, his fuel load, his numberplate/window sticker his side of the car etc etc - by far the best 'driver change' in any game so far.

What do VSQMP Mean?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG