The online racing simulator
Quote from Jakg :The only mature comeback, a cheap shot and my post count and a subtle insult

Hes got "life skill"!111
Hmmm we must need a new patch or something, seems like people are getting bored goin on for 5 pages about bouncy walls.

Go outside....the graphics are awsome, and you dont bounce off the walls either!

bye now.
Quote from collinss :Go outside....the graphics are awsome, and you dont bounce off the walls either!

Yeah, true, but I don't have these excellent cars to drive though!
Quote from collinss :Go outside....the graphics are awsome, and you dont bounce off the walls either!

I have a 3 year old and a 6 year old. I'm outside all the time. Though, because the 6 year old wants to do this with me, and the 3 year old wants to do that with me, I am definitely bouncing off the walls.... far more than I do in LFS
I agree entirely that the collision system is crap.
Quote from Gunn :You're going to be a real pain in the arse once you reach puberty.

Irony or what?
Quote from The Very End :The fun is that it`s even not meant as irony -.-

Why in real life am i told i am Mature, when over the Internet, its the other way around :/
Quote from BlueFlame :Why in real life am i told i am Mature, when over the Internet, its the other way around :/

And why do you think that we say such things about you?
Honest, I really want to know what you belive about that.
Because im loud and obnoxious, because im right and im never wrong
Quote from BlueFlame :Because im loud and obnoxious, because im right and im never wrong

Thank you for the answering.... prosessing...please wait...

CONGRATULATION!! YOU ARE NOW SEEN AS THE IDIOT ON THIS FORUM, WELL DONE!!

ERhm...
Anyway, I really hope that you understand, and you meant that as a joke. You are allways answering stupid and harsh when answering on my posts, and you just trolls around.
I don`t like you.. End of case, try to be nicer so maybe more people will like you.
Im not a southerner, im nice before people are nice back, if they aint nice back, neither am i.
Well, before I started to disslike you, was I not nice to you then?
I have never said anything wrong, and there are a lot of examples where you are just nasty towards me and others. If you call yourself mature in your style I feel sorry for you. Becauce then you have a totaly wrong picture of how people look upon you.

Edit : Here is one of your mature and nice replies to what I wrote, and there is many more too.

Quote :Dude, your blatently 16, what Ajp said is true, so YOU shut up.

Your the troller now biatch, if you read, its not about what I think people think of me, its about what they SAY to me, that makes me think that way :?

You say it as if you would like to be friends ?
Quote from BlueFlame :Your the troller now biatch, if you read, its not about what I think people think of me, its about what they SAY to me, that makes me think that way :?

You say it as if you would like to be friends ?

Yeah sure, I want to be your friend, oh my god get a grip of yourself!

I don`t want to cause harm or to be friendly, just neutral.
I tend to try to show respect as good as I can towards people, special new people, but you have just made me to the oppersit towards you. Because you are a nasty little lad that only comes here and trolls around, and after that can call himself MATURE in his actions.

I`m not mature eighter, but I don`t say so, do I?

Now please, for the sake of yourself and the forum, try to be a little nicer, don`t troll around and don`t answer harsh and stupid on everything you answering on.
Quote from The Very End :Yeah sure, I want to be your friend, oh my god get a grip of yourself!

I don`t want to cause harm or to be friendly, just neutral.
I tend to try to show respect as good as I can towards people, special new people, but you have just made me to the oppersit towards you. Because you are a nasty little lad that only comes here and trolls around, and after that can call himself MATUR in his actions.

I`m not mature eighter, but I don`t say so, do I?

Now please, for the sake of yourself and the forum, try to be a little nicer, don`t troll around and don`t answer harsh and stupid on everything you answering on.

Just because a few well respected members on the forum have said that ^, thats the only reason you say it, just go with the crowd, can't you think on your own, even IF people are against you!?
Quote from JTbo :It is as wrong to say car gets airborne in 3% of cases as it is to say 80% of cases, for some first one is truth for other 2nd one, reason is connection and probably pc speed as faster pc can update situation more often I believe, than pc that struggles to keep 30fps on screen.

We know that cars fly off because car is found to be inside of wall, this usually is caused by lag.

If we have 5 samples per second there is quite lot more chances of object intersecting than if we have 500 samples per second :P

Just FYI, the collision detection in LFS runs at a fixed rate of 100Hz - the fps don't have any influence on that.
Quote from AndroidXP :Just FYI, the collision detection in LFS runs at a fixed rate of 100Hz - the fps don't have any influence on that.

Thanks Android, lets get back on topic!
So you think I`m a liked one forum, now listen and listen carefully.
If you as much as tries to search on topic like Oval Munkies and FM oval servers you will see that there is A LOT of people who don`t like me eighter, and they probally will never do.

I have tried to make up my mistakes to this forum, some are fine again and some can`t be fixed because of my actions, but I strongely belive that I can say that I have the experience to tell about this.

So don`t you dare come here and say that I just "follow the crowd" and can`t think for myself and have own statments and such.

!

And yes sure, lets go back topic, but I would be a little more quiet in my actions on this forum if I was you.
Oh come on please. If you have that much of a problem with him, just put him on your ignore list and stop responding to his posts.
No Comment
Quote from AndroidXP :Just FYI, the collision detection in LFS runs at a fixed rate of 100Hz - the fps don't have any influence on that.

in some way they do ... running at 30fps will delay your reaction to a car spinning in from of you significantly making the collision worse
Quote from Shotglass :in some way they do ... running at 30fps will delay your reaction to a car spinning in from of you significantly making the collision worse

Well, I didn't say it doesn't influence your driving (because low fps do basically mean a delayed rate of information), I just clarified that the collision handling and physics always work the same, no matter how many fps you get. Otherwise every replay would immediately go out of sync if you had different fps than at the time it was recorded.

And if computer is struggling to draw enough frames, how on earth it is going to keep up with 100Hz, me not understand at all that, surely if machine has not power to run game it just won't have power to run game.

On my desktop there is no odd things happening and on laptop there is, so would think that when there is lower fps then there is also some other things happening slower or out of sync or whatever, even fps does not directly is affecting to issue it is indicator or something.

Windows vista for example has nice feature that should ensure that movie is played always perfectly and this code should make sure that there is enough power to keep movie playing, it works as long as computer does not run out of juice, but right when you ask more from computer than that it is capable of movie gets choppy.

If game does run 60fps that is limited by vsync or similar, there is some performance left to get other things done, but if you get 15fps because computer is not enough powerful I certainly can't understand how it could run other tasks any better or then code should have really good load control, however I have no idea if there is and at least it looks like to be so that there is not because I get these odd things happening much more on my laptop.
Quote from JTbo :And if computer is struggling to draw enough frames, how on earth it is going to keep up with 100Hz, me not understand at all that, surely if machine has not power to run game it just won't have power to run game.

physics != graphics
basically the physics run in a process that gets called every 1/100th of a sec (highly important for online play) and the graphics code runs around that ... but for all that matters in this discussion the 2 are independent
if your framerate drops its largely because the physics are prioritized and the cpu runs out of juice to serve your graphics card ... thus even if the game runs at 1fps the code still ensures that the physics run at 100hz to keep the synch going

obviously if you were to underclock your pc to the point where it cant do the physics at 100 hz anymore every replay should go out of synch immediately

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG