The online racing simulator
[ECC] Cruise Server Has New Track/layout
[ECC] European City Cruise has a new track (Aston) and a new layout to cruise on come check it out if your into cruising
Cruising servers are pointless tbh there is already one no need for more its a racing "SIM" the best of them would be CLC so why not just stick to one cruise server,sorry mate if I sound a bit harsh and I'm not just pointing this at you.But the other day I went onto LFS and saw that all racing servers were empty and cruise servers packed
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Cruising servers are pointless tbh there is already one no need for more its a racing "SIM" the best of them would be CLC so why not just stick to one cruise server,sorry mate if I sound a bit harsh and I'm not just pointing this at you.But the other day I went onto LFS and saw that all racing servers were empty and cruise servers packed

thats the way its gone not my fault we makin our own cruise server cause u get stuck with pratts who cant driveon others and u cant do anythin about it
Quote from drifter06 :thats the way its gone not my fault we makin our own cruise server cause u get stuck with pratts who cant driveon others and u cant do anythin about it

Ok fair enough there should be a wee restriction regarding the amount of cruise servers..
Yeah it sucks... whenever I go on lfs once every 3 months or so, the only near full servers see are 5 'cruise' servers. Bleh
Right, can someone PLEASE tell me the attraction of cruise servers?.

Yesterday lunchtime, I went into one of these so called cruise servers, and TBH, couldn't really figure out what the attraction is.....

I mean, you drive around and...........thats about it.........very odd.
I love how they all copy each other. As soon as CLC gets an Aston layout, so does ECC!
It's so funny how people can get upset about cruise servers. If race servers are empty, as you say, and cruise servers are "packed", the democracy has decided. If you don't like it, too bad.

But, I have never seen such a situation tbh. I see 5-6 packed cruise servers, but at least 20 or 30 packed racing servers (Redline and such). So no need to worry.
Quote from mcintyrej :I love how they all copy each other. As soon as CLC gets an Aston layout, so does ECC!

That's what I noticed too. North Pole Cruise (or whatever it's called) even copied texts from CLC's website to their site
#10 - Jakg
Quote from Arfman :It's so funny how people can get upset about cruise servers. If race servers are empty, as you say, and cruise servers are "packed", the democracy has decided. If you don't like it, too bad.

But, I have never seen such a situation tbh. I see 5-6 packed cruise servers, but at least 20 or 30 packed racing servers (Redline and such). So no need to worry.

i personally dislike the fact that Cruise Servers are "stealing" racers i could be racing, but then so is AS3 and the oval

I dont get why theres more than just CLC though, they were first with an InSim app, why does everyone else copy?

Of course, CnR is nothing new and thats just copied, but...
Quote from Jakg :i personally dislike the fact that Cruise Servers are "stealing" racers i could be racing

Get that idea out of your head. I have "cruise" times and "race" times. Whenever I'm in a race mood, I don't cruise. Whenever I'm not in a race mood, I'm cruising. Before the cruise servers, I would fire up another game. Cruise servers are NOT stealing racers, they are providing a service many people like in LFS.
I think the objection is not so much racers being "stolen", but the fact we get an announcement everytime someone sneezes or changes track on a "cruise" server. Imagine if that happened for everyother server... oh wait. That's LFS world.

My point being if someone was interested in something happening on your servers, like a track change, then they're going to notice next time they browse the in-game server list. Personally I don't mind the announcements - if they've got a bit more substance to them.

Consider the above and the "attitude" that cruise admins / drivers get from the rest of the community might start making a little sense
Quote from hrtburnout :That's what I noticed too. North Pole Cruise (or whatever it's called) even copied texts from CLC's website to their site

BTW, me and mark have spoke about this and now we are ok about it, i was using them as a guide to the other users, until we had made our own, and now we have our own!

and personally i dont see what your problem is with crusie servers, i mean they are just for fun, to put it in a short sentance, making money, buying cars, police chases, yea it sounds fun to some people, but if you are not into it then fair enough go and race on another server and you are not "losing" racers as all the drivers on cruise servers do race aswell, they paid £24 for S2 as you have and they have the writes to have fun or do to what they want (well not all WHAT they want apart from the crashing etc..but making a cruise server if it is possible why cant you do it??
I feel like this is going end up like a cruise server only well i think its heading that way but wait till Becky brings her server in oh that be fun they be more into that then the other servers.
Quote from faster111 :I feel like this is going end up like a cruise server only well i think its heading that way.

What a totally stupid thing to say
well i can't wait for Becky system to come out i be there more then any other server.
Faster, take some time with you writing please. You were doing nicely a while ago, and your posts started to make more sense, but now it's gone for the worse again. I'm sorry to be a writing-nazi, but I have to!
I don`t think you can say that the servers are stealing people lol
Point is, as one mentioned above, sometimes people are in racing moode, and sometimes they want to race, therfor we have servers that lets us enjoy the fun with LFS in whatever mood we may be.
I like it, the cruise servers I mean. I don`t drive there often, but when you just want to relaxe, and maybe just drive around pretty fast in old S1 cars it`s a good choise to join one of those servers.
Tho.. we really don`t need as many of them like we have today
I use the cruise servers very rarely, but it's when I come back to LFS after not playing for a while. It gets you back into the way the cars handle (although I've never been on one long enough to get out of the UF1) without putting an entire field at risk. Or I use it when I want to drive a bit, but can't pay all that much attention.

But I certainly couldn't take it seriously enough to spend endless hours in there.
This debate is rather pointless. Its like the Drifters V. grippers(or w.e we call each other now) "debate", there are quite a few cruise servers but tbo only 1 or 2 are populated most of the time. There are a good few races servers-and if you really want to race on a combo but there isnt one--make one with about 12 slots on your own PC and in no time it will be full. I have been "crusing" latley because i just got a new wheel and my old 1 was verrry different(think MS sidewinder with no FF) but i also really enjoy(more so actully) racing with a few friends and i cannot wait for the CTRA servers to be back up i was just getting into them(as yu can see from my sig). so lets all Xpress our opinions and not attck each other in this thread

hmmm this has became a bit of an essay so if you got this far-good for you
Quote from The Very End :I don`t think you can say that the servers are stealing people lol
Point is, as one mentioned above, sometimes people are in racing moode, and sometimes they want to race, therfor we have servers that lets us enjoy the fun with LFS in whatever mood we may be.
I like it, the cruise servers I mean. I don`t drive there often, but when you just want to relaxe, and maybe just drive around pretty fast in old S1 cars it`s a good choise to join one of those servers.
Tho.. we really don`t need as many of them like we have today

Tho.. we really don`t need as many of them like we have today I agree with that totally we don't need more.
Having just taken a look at the ECC server I'm certainly not crying the these people aren't populating racing servers

Also agree with TAA's observation that we don't need such frequent updates as to what's happening on your servers. Next you'll be implementing an InSim app to automatically start four new threads everytime a player connects
Quote from danowat :Right, can someone PLEASE tell me the attraction of cruise servers?.

Yesterday lunchtime, I went into one of these so called cruise servers, and TBH, couldn't really figure out what the attraction is.....

I mean, you drive around and...........thats about it.........very odd.

It's a breeding ground for relations. You'd be surprised what some people have to talk about.
This is how i feel:

The general LFS community buy S2 license. What they want to do with it, tbh, is there own choice. So please dont patronise all these servers and people.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG