The online racing simulator
Wheel Waving
(58 posts, started )
Wheel Waving
How many of you have voice chat with your team mates, or chat regularly to their team mates whilst not racing, have noticed something odd about G25 drivers.

First, i'd just like you to think who owns a G25 on your team. My guess is you know exactly who they are.

Now. The thing that I find interesting is that when I think about my own team what makes this significant is I have not got a clue what wheel is used by any other driver in the team.

For some reason G25 owners suffer this strange urge to TELL you that they are driving with a G25. Some people even have it in their player names, it's like some kind of petrol headed willy waving.

I mean, how many people own a G25 and have not, at any point, felt the need to even at least post in LFS in game chat that they own a G25, and how many people own a wheel other than a G25 and felt the need to say 'ill just plug in my momo, or ill just plug in my dfp'... what NORMAL people say is 'ill just plug in my wheel'.

There's something extraordinary about the G25, about owning one, that makes its owners feel compelled to tell the world - often at frequent intervals.

I would like a G25, but i'm not so sure, I dont want to end up in a cult or find myself saying "Should I set my G25 to 270 or 900 degree rotation?" rather than "Should I set my wheel to ... no wait, I know how far it rotates why am I asking?".

...psychology 101, LFS style.
I noticed this a lot when it first came out, but not so much since. I think they do it to excuse themselves for being slow, by pointing out they're having to operate more levers.
Yaay! A thread all about Jakg and Me! Spammers Unite!
#4 - robps
It's a man thing.
#5 - Jakg
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yaay! A thread all about Jakg and Me! Spammers Unite!

lol, i was just thinking she was referring to me :X

I just love my G25, and "G25" is easier and quicker to type than "wheel".

In the same way i'm proud of being in UKCT, and mention it, i'm proud that i've got a G25,and it's a great excuse "I'm slow because... i'm using the wrong rotation... new G25... yea"
Its ironic, the 2 kids on UKCT with no income and stuff, have G25's, but the rest all have other wheels?
I have G25! G25, ENGAGE!
Nobody cares about you Giz. :hide:

Yup, typical male willy waving, bikers are the worse............."my bike will do 175mph, that's rubbish, I had 182mph out of mine the other day" etc etc etc
Quote from danowat :Yup, typical male willy waving, bikers are the worse............."my bike will do 175mph, that's rubbish, I had 182mph out of mine the other day" etc etc etc

Lemme guess Dan, 3 mins around the ring?
common i agree that its easier to say and when explaning about your wheel it save people asking which wheel you have, and being you spend £150+ on it (which was most of my saved pocket money and all my birthday and xmas money) you should be let to be a bit braggy bout it
I used to willy wave my MSFF more than I do my G25, the only time I did willy wave my G25 was when I first got it because I tended to crash more, so I'd just warn people to give me a wide birth. The only other time I talk about it is with a bunch of guys from another forum when we all meet up for a few races and such and we end up chatting about wheels.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Lemme guess Dan, 3 mins around the ring?

3 Minutes? I can do that walking.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Lemme guess Dan, 3 mins around the ring?

EXACTLY my dear Watson, as males, it's our birthright to wave the ol' wang about a bit when we can
I've noticed this, especially with the people who post

"I use 900 degrees, h shifter and clutch"

in every thing they say. Or they'd have "G25-900" on their numberplate.
I don't think I've said anywhere on this forum that I'm getting a G25. Nor do I have it in my username. Although FunnyG25Bear does have a certain ring to it. The fact that I'm getting a G25 is neither here nor there and certainly wouldn't entertain it being used as a point of bragging or showmanship. And as for willy waving . . . I have a willy for that. Which happens with hilarious regularity when I'm pissed. And sometimes when I'm not, but generally people, including myself, don't find it quite so funny then.

But now I feel that Becky has mooted that to own a G25 i like owning a porsche. And I really don't ever want to be the kinda guy who would own a porsche, or at least to admit to it.

So from this moment on I shall no longer be commenting on how my G25 is bigger than yours. Nor shall I be waving it around or be taking it into the hottub. What I do in the privacy of my bedroom with the door shut will from now on just be between me and my willy . . . Sorry, G25.

Edit - *Cough* G25. Becky *Cough* . . . . Dammit. Sorry, just slipped out. Bad habits. Just let m get that back . . . in . . .there and *zzzziiiippppp* There. All away now and no harm done.
Becky, does this include the sad barstewards that have "G25N00b" as their number plate in LFS??

Like me, for example
I might put 'Willy Waver' on my number plate from now on. Or prehaps due to size constraints (No pun intended) I have to stick with 'Willy Wave'
good idea that or An ur sig soRry for the tTpos im try to plug my NEW G25 IN
I think I used to have "G25" on my numberplate, but now I go for the more convenient "Nipples"
*sigh* Us gamepad users have got really small willies :weeping:
It's a shame that Logitech only make one type of G25. They oughta make special editions of the G25 with, erm... racey stripes! Yes, green metallic stripes. And extra blingy LEDs, and blue neon lights around the pedals. And alligator skin on the wheel. And lots of chrome, and...

Quote from wsinda :It's a shame that Logitech only make one type of G25. They oughta make special editions of the G25 with, erm... racey stripes! Yes, green metallic stripes. And extra blingy LEDs, and blue neon lights around the pedals. And alligator skin on the wheel. And lots of chrome, and...

The Need for speed edition!
Never heard of such wheel. Does it come in makes-you-faster-red?

And here is a special treat for Mr FunnyG25Bear.
Attached images
FZR_FubearG25.jpg

Wheel Waving
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG