The online racing simulator
#1 - Dappa
I was banned from my favourite server for being a poor racer.
So....your banned for life for not being a good racer? ok its my fault i dont have a wheel, i should ****ing buy one, and i will.

but banning me just because i crashed is fuking pathetic. the community in this game is the same as any game where skill and power corrupts. looking down at me cause im a bad racer? well u can all piss off.

wat a nice way to invest 24 quid, cant even race on the servers cause i havent bought a pissing racing wheel, im discusted.
There is a difference between being a bad racer and a slow one. A bad racer either a) takes no care about the cars around him/herself or b) can't control the car he/she is driving

A slow racer can do both of the above, but just can't keep up.

If you are banned for being a slow racer, that is unfair, but if you are a bad racer you should practise and get good so that you are not ruining other people's races (be it intentional or not).

Not having a wheel doesn't make that much difference to being a good racer (in the slower cars at least), although it won't help you be a fast race, nor a consistent one.

Oh and btw, if it was a vote ban, IIIRC they only last about a month anyway.
Quote from Dappa :So....your banned for life for not being a good racer? ok its my fault i dont have a wheel, i should ****ing buy one, and i will.

but banning me just because i crashed is fuking pathetic. the community in this game is the same as any game where skill and power corrupts. looking down at me cause im a bad racer? well u can all piss off.

wat a nice way to invest 24 quid, cant even race on the servers cause i havent bought a pissing racing wheel, im discusted.

How did it become your FAVOURITE server?
Anyway, get your wheel, practice offline, and come back and kick there asses.
Oh, and stop being petulant.
Yeah, don't worry, take it easy Dappa.

There are thousands of people in the community and it's just a few guys who voted to ban you from one server. That kind of ban lasts for 24 hours.

If you drive sensibly then you should be welcome on most hosts. Sometimes, some users vote to ban a bit too quickly because they have had bad experiences in the past. It's unfortunate if one crash got you a ban. Maybe you bumped someone who was in a bad mood.
happens to the best of us; sometimes we didnt do anything wrong and get banned.. thats just life.. shit happens
How many games, when you complain about being banned, get a personal responce from the guy who makes it? Not many I bet.

So, where's this horrid community that is disgusting (although a few of you do spring to mind as being a little bit disgusting )
#7 - _rod_
may i ask what server was it, most of the servers (i think) have a website, either the team/owner of the server. try contacting them, thats only if was unfair ban. I also dont have a wheel, just needs practice
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Scawen :Yeah, don't worry, take it easy Dappa.

There are thousands of people in the community and it's just a few guys who voted to ban you from one server. That kind of ban lasts for 24 hours.

If you drive sensibly then you should be welcome on most hosts. Sometimes, some users vote to ban a bit too quickly because they have had bad experiences in the past. It's unfortunate if one crash got you a ban. Maybe you bumped someone who was in a bad mood.

I think Scawen means that pressing '1' is a reflex for some people :faint2:
Quote from thisnameistaken :....let the field go at the start of the race and tour around behind where you can't hit anyone. When a restart happens and you find yourself near the front of the grid, pit, count to five, then exit the pits. This is much safer than pulling over at the start and having fast-starters who are overtaking people off the grid finding you dawdling in their lane.

When you see the restart countdown begin ("Restart in 5..4..3..") go to spectate. You will see the grid set, then join the race before the green. You will be put at the last starting spot and can cruise around behind the others until you feel confident enough to start mingling in with the others. I use to do this because of horrible frame rate at the restarts. Many of times I got wacked from behind because I shifted, but controller lag didn't take my shifts, so the guy behind me ran into me as I desparately tried to shift as I just redlined in 1st and stayed there.
Quote from thisnameistaken :If it's a blue flag situation, slow down to let him pass on a safe stretch of the track if you have to. Don't make any sudden changes of position to let someone pass - the faster driver will probably already be aiming to pass you on whichever side is clear, so switching sides would be dangerous.

Too bad some of the fast guys don't use that. I was on [dsrc] Battle Grounds #1 and boostfire was about 10 seconds faster then me perlap (on SO Classic Rev, also my first ever time doing this track backwards, easier to crashout then normal). But when passing people rather then going around them (be it on an open stright or not), would force you off the line, and bitch if you didn't move. In most cases to avoid him, you'd end up crashing yourself.

When I get blue flagged I pull over to one side (usally the side I'm already on) so they have the rest of the track to pass me. So I'd did that, he'd beep his horn and get up my arse, so I had to yank across the track, lose the backend and go spinning down the track hitting every inch of the wall on the way. Because slow people get in the way of him trying to hotlap.
But in the process everyone else had to compremise their race just so he could set a new track record.

He even blamed me for someone else backending me because I was going too slow around a corner (It was the hairpin with a RWD, I took it at 40mph, so not to lose the backend and cause more trouble by getting suck on the race line, and I was almost kissing the wall), but nooo. We all have to be able to play flawlessly... I've not played the game since then just because I got fedup with his bitching, and pretty much the game after that point (I say he, but I could be wrong).

Amazing how a collective of one can do such damage to a game... I mean, don't get me wrong. Before then every server I joined everyone was fine with the slower racers, and even helped (Rob 76 springs to mind as he'd help people find the lines) them get better. But after the crap I've just not got a taste for online racing anymore.

Wow, I ramble a lot...
-
(KiDCoDEa) DELETED by KiDCoDEa
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah, some people need to be reminded that there's a single player mode too. I think they forget that everybody else on the server is trying to enjoy their race too, like it's all about them or something. I've had guys try to lap me in high-speed chicanes and then vote-ban when it all ended in tears like it was my fault they were born with no brain.

Haha, I guess some people have different motives to racing. I really can't see the fun in throwing down lap, after lap, after lap with no challange. Hell I get bored no matter where I am in the field with no one near me.

Quote from thisnameistaken : Oh don't let one bad experience get to you. Most of the people here are helpful and friendly and patient with the newbies. Maybe the guy was having a bad day or something, you never know. Come back!

I should, I mean, I spent £24 on the game. That'd buy me 24 tins of Mountain Dew and a weeks worth of food (damn Mountain Dew kicks ass, the guy who decied to make a site that just imports stuff from the US is a god). But meh, I'll probably leave it a few weeks. Probably just stress on my part that let it get to me. That and too much energy drinks, you come off them and you feel like a train wreck. You drink them and you start seeing things... yeah, probably that, caffeine is evil when you get hooked.
I remember Dappa and P5YcH0M4N both being on our servers. One yesterday the other today. I think when P5YcH0M4N joined tempers were already starting to run high because we had a couple on the server who decided it was more fun to park on the track or spin, rather than race. It got to be too many big cars on a small track. That's why I changed to a bigger one and everything calmed down.

Dappa joined us today and was having trouble seeing his skin I believe. He asked for help sorting it but the race had just started so I asked him 2 times to wait until after the race to ask because it's hard to monitor a big race and give the proper attention he needed to help him out. I blame it on the blonde braincell. I'm not sure what server you were banned off because from what I saw there was no reason to ban you because of your driving.

I'm sorry you both encountered some negativeness so early into your lfs experience but I can promise you that if you give it a bit more time... you'll find a whole new exciting world in the lfs community.

I monitor our servers 4 to sometimes 16 hours in a single day so I've met loads of racers from all over... all ages... all different driving skill levels. The best part about lfs is there's a place for everyone. Now you have to stick around so we can find your place.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

a nice bunch of positive replys was not wat i was expecting, which is good! thanks for taking your time to understand my disapointment, and before i go - when i get my wheel and used to the tracks, ur all eating my dust xD

nice one ur all spot on.
Do you know which server it was that banned you? you could ask them to unban you and also maybe have a shout at them on there forum!
i got banned last night for the first time in a long while, it was Reih-Main-Racer.de server. there was a team called [noob] in there and we was racing fox on blgp. coming down the end of the straight and i was slightly ahead of the guy on the inside, and i thought i had enough room to go wide but i didnt and we crashed.

the guy said my name then called me an idiot and banned me, with out giving me any chance to say sorry!

quite a shame as its a good server, but too bad nublets run it!
Quote :
I blame it on the blonde braincell.

Well... You remembered to answer my question a full 11 minutes after I asked it... So it can't be a functional blonde braincell then
-
Quote from TagForce :Well... You remembered to answer my question a full 11 minutes after I asked it... So it can't be a functional blonde braincell then

lol that was one of those rare occasions.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Quote from tinyk :lol that was one of those rare occasions.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

And here I was thinking it was because it was me
Quote from Stealthy04 :i got banned last night for the first time in a long while, it was Reih-Main-Racer.de server. there was a team called [noob] in there and we was racing fox on blgp. coming down the end of the straight and i was slightly ahead of the guy on the inside, and i thought i had enough room to go wide but i didnt and we crashed.

the guy said my name then called me an idiot and banned me, with out giving me any chance to say sorry!

Hey Stealthy!
Listen, do you remember who was racing? I mean the [noobs] one. Do u remember his name? Was he Sixp/\ck, Hammer...nikka?
Well...we don't usually use the ban command. In most cases when things become complicated we use the kick command. if the ban command was used against you, i think u should drop by [noobs] forum and post your complaint. www.forum.lfs-noobs.org
I'll talk to [noobs] members myself cause i don't think using the ban command is fair. A lot of problems have been happening around that issue on other servers and we don't want to make the same mistakes.
Well, if you want to say something or complain about something feel free to
drop by our forum.
Best regards,
[noobs] LSDWolf

PS: Sorry about my english, i hope u understand all i said! Cheers!
Quote from Stealthy04 :i got banned last night for the first time in a long while, it was Reih-Main-Racer.de server. there was a team called [noob] in there and we was racing fox on blgp. coming down the end of the straight and i was slightly ahead of the guy on the inside, and i thought i had enough room to go wide but i didnt and we crashed.

That must have been [noobs] speedway. He is in a pretty bad mood these days because he just realized I'm faster than him (and I really suck, so I can somehow understand his frustration)

I dont have admin rights on that server, but I'll talk to them, and I'm pretty sure we can figure this out.

Hope to see you there again soon!
pretty sure his name begun with an S, but i was banned so quickly i didnt have time to look!

if you can have a word ill be grateful, i dont think me posting on your forum will benefit anything, other than a ban from there too

tried to race FOX today and that server was the only one running them with a good amount of people !

i do know Matt from the noob team, i know him from RC car racing so ill have to ask who was online at the time.
#22 - th84
Hi stealthy, im sorry for your bad experience on that server!! Im not sure what happened, as i wasnt there, But i can tell you that we dont like using the ban command at all, and im sure that whoever did it(my guess is sixp/\ck) felt like he had a good reason. I think he is the only one with admin pw on that server, so we will find out what happened, and fix it! I am sorry about that, and i hope you dont hold it against our entire team!! Cya !!
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
me, a good guy?

yes only when i havent blown my lid!!

i hope to see you in the server soon, it was very good, nice good racing and friendly peeps - plus i can give matt a right good seeing to on the track!!
Quote from Stealthy04 :
if you can have a word ill be grateful, i dont think me posting on your forum will benefit anything, other than a ban from there too

i think it would benefit you, if u droped by and tell us what happened, most likely the person who banned you, will have a better change to explaim to you his reasons.
Please stop by our forum, so we can properly talk and say sorry properly to you.

Hope that are no bad feelings and i hope to see you on track!!!

Rod
Me and a mate got banned the other night. We were playing under his racer name. I did outbrake myself into one corner and hit the back of someone spinning him out. I apologised and nothing was said. Then later in the lap, I'm negotiating the fast chicane at aston club I think it was, one guy comes flying past my inside and takes out the guy just in front of me. Before I know what's happened I've been dissconnected and banned. I didn't even touch anyone. How do you work that out?

I have never voted to bann anyone since I've been playing LFS. Don't even know what the keys are. If I get punted off I don't waste my time with all that chatting and banning, I just get back in the race and wait for other people to drop out.

Sometimes in racing someone will make a mistake and someone elses race will suffer as a result. That's life and the 'banners' should get used to it. I think the bann should only be used in extreme circumstances where someone is blatently ruining EVERYONE elses fun.

Another thing that hacks me off is when the race gets restarted after a pile up at the front of the pack. I usually hold back for the first couple of corners and try and drive through the carnage that there usually is. Sometime this will result in me being quite near the front. Obviously I am over the moon when I find myself in this position as my lap times are often 3-5 seconds a lap slower than the front runners. The glory is ripped from my hands by the restart! Why do people have to do this? Just accept it, get back in the race and enjoy chasing!

I have never seen a need to vote a restart at the beginning of the race. The only time I can see it being acceptable is if say 50% or more of the field have been disabled completely and have to restart their race from the pits. Yes, then there's an argument because the race won't be as good with only half the cars left together on the circuit.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG