The online racing simulator
XRT/XRG hidden tachometer.
(21 posts, started )
I did a search, and was unable to find what I see. The tachometer only shows from 2000 rpms up.
Attached images
XR_tach.jpg
im sorry but is it important for u to see lower revs than 2000?
This is only a bug in LHD cars, the RHD ones have no problems.
Well ladeeda, not all of us drive on the wrong side of the road you know. Someone should ask Scawen to make a digital tachometer!
Maybe it is fixed in the upcoming patch
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Well ladeeda, not all of us drive on the wrong side of the road you know. Someone should ask Scawen to make a digital tachometer!

I didnt mean it like that, I am sorry if I offended you

What I was trying to say is the fuel guage doesnt intrude the tachometer when its in RHD, it sits neatly under the 140 of the speedometer in the XRG.

All Scawen needs to do is code it to be positioned out the way of the 0 and 1.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :im sorry but is it important for u to see lower revs than 2000?

Yes, yes it is. And it should be for everyone who has invested in this game, hence the reason for this sub-forum. If Scawen is putting XX amount of time into this game so that when the game is finally released to his standards, which I think are quite high, one would assume that this issue would be of importance of him, no matter the insignificance of it.
I said digital TACHOMETER not speedometer, which we already have. (BTW, don't forget the new Honda Civic also has a digital speedo ).
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :BTW, don't forget the new Honda Civic also has a digital speedo

But the Honda Civic is a POS and the S2000 is actually a good car (when you swap a V8 into it, that is).
Quote from wheel4hummer :the S2000 is actually a good car (when you swap a V8 into it, that is).

Yeah. And before the engine swap it was a great car.
I like V8s, but only smaller ones than 5 litre (like the 4.2 Audi FSI )
YEAH not like those 6ltr chevys thats make such a great noise but weigh more than the moon
Quote from dj-fluxsa :YEAH not like those 6ltr chevys thats make such a great noise but weigh more than the moon

They don't weigh that much. Don't comment on things you don't know the facts about... The LS2 only weighs 450lbs! Only 142lbs more then a Honda B16a.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I said digital TACHOMETER not speedometer, which we already have. (BTW, don't forget the new Honda Civic also has a digital speedo ).

'
the s2000 does have a digital tachometer. You might not call it digital though. Instead of a needle that points to a number, bars of light light up over the numbers on the tach.
I noticed that, but I don't consider it digital since the only thing "digital" about it is the implied effect of a needle. By digital I mean the revs are shown as a 4-digit number like "1234 rpm".
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :By digital I mean the revs are shown as a 4-digit number like "1234 rpm".

That is a terrible suggestion. I don't want to be racing in a BF1 only to have the digital tach stay at 9999rpm constantly!
This is caused by the fuel indicator being overlaid over the tach. You'll see when you are running under 2kRPM that the needle is hidden under it as well.
Quote : I mean the revs are shown as a 4-digit number like "1234 rpm".

This isn't just a new feature in cars either- older Fords can do this as well- my Mk5 Fiesta has the option to display digital mph, kmh, revs, miles left in fuel tank etc instead of the trip computer. The Toyota Yaris has a digital dash too. So it's feasible the XFG etc could have some kind of digital tacho too.
Quote from TiJay :This isn't just a new feature in cars either- older Fords can do this as well- my Mk5 Fiesta has the option to display digital mph, kmh, revs, miles left in fuel tank etc instead of the trip computer. The Toyota Yaris has a digital dash too. So it's feasible the XFG etc could have some kind of digital tacho too.

as long as its an option. I only usev digital speedo becuase i can't read it in Km/h from 100degris of FOV. in MPH is fine though
Quote from wheel4hummer :They don't weigh that much. Don't comment on things you don't know the facts about... The LS2 only weighs 450lbs! Only 142lbs more then a Honda B16a.

i know that i was only messin

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG