The online racing simulator
Sports cars under fire again (EU)
(23 posts, started )
He's spouting rubbish, and clearly has no idea about the topic. He just wants votes from other stupid, gullible people who believe politicians.

Hint: Never believe politicians.
You know, the law on the roads might not permit speeding, yet there is such thing as "trackday". Gee I guess we all get these cars which can do 0-60mph in about 15 seconds in the future then eh. Pointless argument though, as you might need a car with power to get you out of a dangerous situation.

EDIT: ^^^ I agree - never believe politicians.
Quote :[cars over 100mph banned] for safety reasons, they need to be heavier, and hence to burn more fuel

So banning SUV's didnt occur to him then? Oh that's right, more voters drive SUVs than sports cars. Sports cars are an easier target ... and also typically built light to increase performance - often out of lightweight materials like carbon fibre / fibre glass... but hey, what do I know - I dont have a quango identifying voting groups for me.
Quote from tristancliffe :Hint: Never believe politicians.

Think for yourself. Question authority

Totally agree though. Whilst we're at it, lets ban those armoured cars various policiticans use. They must be substantially heavier
Quote from the_angry_angel :Whilst we're at it, lets ban those armoured cars various policiticans use. They must be sustaintially heavier

Or offer incentives to manufacturers of armour-piercing munitions.
Quote from tristancliffe :
Hint: Never believe politicians.

I hereby vote this post to be the most truthful, and best post on this forum. Let us now cast the vote as Captain Obvious...I mean Tristan, tells us about how he came to his conclusion.
so, he wants to ban just about all modern cars?
Quote from spiderbait90 :so, he wants to ban just about all modern cars?

we still got VAZ, KIA, SSANG YONG, SMART...
what more to wish?
The guy does not know anything about the subject, he will do more damage then he thinks by putting millions out of a job because of lack of sells.
Typical speed obsessed British politicians. Isn't going to happen anyway because the sensible Germans say NO.
Something like this comes along every few months. Just some guy trying to make his voice heard, and it doesn't seem to matter too much what he says. Not so long ago they were talking about banning motorcycles.
Quote from Blackout :Typical speed obsessed British politicians. Isn't going to happen anyway because the sensible Germans say NO.

indeed.

regards
Quote from sinbad :Something like this comes along every few months. Just some guy trying to make his voice heard, and it doesn't seem to matter too much what he says.

Yeah, but you know how the saying goes. Keep repeating something often enough, and eventually it will be accepted as fact. It's been done in the UK with speeding, leading to a culture of myopic drivers who think that because they're doing 25mph in a 30 zone or 55mph in a 70, then they're automatically "safe" as they veer across lanes, fail to indicate or look in the mirror, fail to comprehend roundabouts, etc etc.

The worrying thing is that some people will believe this crap the Lib Dem is spouting. Lib Dem politics works well at grass roots/local levels imho, but dear god don't let them get any power nationally or internationally.

Does this pratt have any electronic mail contact details, so that we could educate him, en masse, about how he's a clueless idiot?
Quote from thisnameistaken :

Or offer incentives to manufacturers of armour-piercing munitions.

Made me laugh

Really though it is pointless. Limit the speed to 100 mph car manufacturers would just make car's get to 100 in even more ridiculously quick times as no need for any 'top end' speed. Didn't read the full article but it seemed quite a balanced one, which is unusual, as it does point out cars are hevier due to safety and sports cars try to be as light as possible.

Edit: I really can't spell when i type quickly.
i say we forcefully remove idiots like him who try to ruin our fun , sure cars are fast and dangerous but if you ban sports cars ill be forced to ban you from living
Quote from STROBE :Yeah, but you know how the saying goes. Keep repeating something often enough, and eventually it will be accepted as fact. It's been done in the UK with speeding, leading to a culture of myopic drivers who think that because they're doing 25mph in a 30 zone or 55mph in a 70, then they're automatically "safe" as they veer across lanes, fail to indicate or look in the mirror, fail to comprehend roundabouts, etc etc.

The worrying thing is that some people will believe this crap the Lib Dem is spouting. Lib Dem politics works well at grass roots/local levels imho, but dear god don't let them get any power nationally or internationally.

Does this pratt have any electronic mail contact details, so that we could educate him, en masse, about how he's a clueless idiot?

But then brings up the real philosophy-

There are two types of truth.

1. The actual truth represented by facts.
2. The truth that is accepted by us, for whatever reason, usually repetition or suspicion.

And I guess that is how these people are thinking. Paranoia, suspicion, and possibly experience can bring a perfectly rational mind to think a different way.

It's kind of like how they have a war on video games. Although there are perfectly rational explanations for certain actions, technology seems to come into play. It's not corrupted families, or bad neighborhoods that cause crime. No, it's video games.

Even my parents blame every mistake I make on my computer.

So as long as they are in power, and keep thinking the way they do, we can't do much but protest.

Quote from Greboth :Made me laugh

Really though it is pointless. Limit the speed to 100 mph car manufacturers would just make car's get to 100 in even more ridiculously quick times as no need to any 'top end' speed. Didn't read the full article but it seemed quite a balance one, which is unusual, as it does point out cars are havier due to safety and sports cars try to be as light as possible.

Yeah .

I think that they are just ruining the cars of today...and racing as we know it could follow.
Prohibition merely creates crime, where there was no crime in the first place.

If sports cars were to be banned, what's the first thing I would think about? How to build a stealth car to play with after dark... No plates, no insurance, no tax.

... The last one would probably hurt the country most... but, hey, having a sizeable part of the population starting to think like a criminal wouldn't be a great way of investing in the future either.
#19 - DeKo
To limit the cars the manufacturers would end up just fitting an electronic limiter which would just be incredibly easy to move. And anyway, if it was only for new cars, everybody would just buy old ones.
This fiasco has only done more to confirm one of my essential rules of life:

ALWAYS assume that human stupidity knows no bounds.

Or as Einstein said:

"There are 2 things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
They are going to ban most cars then. Almost all cars now are capable of doing 100+. A 997cc Toyota Yaris is capable of breaking 100mph.
Lets tell the guy he has to have a car run him over. Get him to choose between a small 90s sub-1 tonne hatch, or a 2.5 tonne SUV. I wonder what he'll favour then.

As for the "heavy vehicles are safer in an accident" argument, while that may hold some truth, I'drather be in a lighter, more agile car, with shorter braking distances, and avoid the accident all together.
Quote from Bob Smith :Lets tell the guy he has to have a car run him over. Get him to choose between a small 90s sub-1 tonne hatch, or a 2.5 tonne SUV. I wonder what he'll favour then.

As for the "heavy vehicles are safer in an accident" argument, while that may hold some truth, I'drather be in a lighter, more agile car, with shorter braking distances, and avoid the accident all together.

i agree , after all if you buy a decent sports car , Most come with disc brakes as standard aswell as abs , traction control etc.

i think heavier cars are safer but most accidents are fatal today because if you a safe car like a Renault espace for example , if you hit it into one from 5 years ago , the older on will be crushed like a tin can because newer cars are more ridgit , but if you hit a new car into another new car at standard speed you will most likely walk away from the accident

tho that don't mean that if you drive a toyota starlet and get hit by a nissan pathfinder you will survive :S i think jeeps should be banned or serious regulations should be put in place to futher improve the saftly of jeeps and stuff of that nature rather then remove the fun from safer small cars

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG