The online racing simulator
A question about brasil rendering at LFS MANUAL….
At the page of “Texture/material adjustment” it describes how to modify the XF_interior1.tga at the folder of the cmx s2 viewer S2/data/pic/tga. I’ve download the CMX2 vierwer rom LFS web site and I can not find this files, any suggestion? Must I to convert all the dds textures from LFS S2 game to tga and create that folder???

Regards and thanks in advance
You can use the dds files. You need to fill the little square with a dark grey. Its for some interior parts.

I dont pay so much effort in getting a render started. I use these premade scenes: http://ds-autos.digiserv.net/scenes/lfs
They are perfect.
hi anathema

The link doesnt works,
its a little weird for me because I guess, cmx viewer use the dds, but can you give me a clue about using the dds? I am newbie about 3dsmax and i just enjoy to render some nice cars with my own textures.

I got another question, i am able to do a new texture on the material editor, but i do not know how to assing the previous texture to a particular part if the car (ID). The manual just say :" Move this material into the material’s ID n°4. " Can be silly but if anyone can help me will be great!!
#4 - Ian.H
Grudd wrote the rendering tute a long time ago, before LFS used DDS textures IIRC, hence the reference to TGA files instead.

If you open up say, XFInterior1.dds, you'll find a small white square area in there. You'll need to paint that white part either a dark grey or black, which will then make things like the wheel arches / window rubbers the colour you choose.

To edit material IDs for polys, you'll need to go into poly sub-edit mode, select the polys you want and change the ID number near the bottom of the right roll-out. See the part about fixing the wheel materials in the Wiki tutorial for more info on doing this... the same method is used for changing any material ideas on any part of the car if you wish to do this later on

Regards,

Ian

EDIT: gp4... Checking out Davo's video tutorial might be useful too. He made it to accompany the Wiki tute to give a better visual representation of what to do for each step
thanks anathema! great stuff, with this its really more easy to render..

Ian, great help, thanks! I am going to see all that and look wahts happens.
Quote from gp4racer :thanks anathema! great stuff, with this its really more easy to render..

Ian, great help, thanks! I am going to see all that and look wahts happens.

Both thanks go to Ian. He made these premade scenes.
Hope to see some of your works here.
sure!
what do you think??
my car for a local championship

I dunno how to save with max resolution, maybe as bmp??

Ian, any advice to get a little fast render? I mean, Pentium 1.8 ghz duo core, 1 G ram and it spend around 6 minutes..regards
Attached images
uf_1.JPG
other pic
texaco havoline
Attached images
frtexaco.jpg
Quote from gp4racer :my car for a local championship

I dunno how to save with max resolution, maybe as bmp??

Ian, any advice to get a little fast render? I mean, Pentium 1.8 ghz duo core, 1 G ram and it spend around 6 minutes..regards

Cool! Glad you got it sorted

Just for future reference, no need to put any reference to where the scenes came from in the renders

As for faster renders, I normally render a smaller image as a test. If you hit F10 and go into the 'Render' tab, you should be able to set the render size there, but unfortunately rendering is just one of those things that can take a long time.. a few recent ones I did took over 4 hours to complete.

Regards,

Ian
is there anywhere to get brazil r/s and 3ds max for free?
#14 - Davo
um.... that doesn't exactly help. i got brazil for 3ds max 6, but i cant find 3ds max 6
ok, so i've got both programs, and i've begun rendering. but when i click "render" it says "the specified image resolution is not supported by brazil. the maximum width is 512 pixels. the maximum height is 384 pixels." what do i do?
Quote from pvdrift :ok, so i've got both programs, and i've begun rendering. but when i click "render" it says "the specified image resolution is not supported by brazil. the maximum width is 512 pixels. the maximum height is 384 pixels." what do i do?

The demo version of Brazil limits output size. Do a search on the net for 'BIGrender'. If you have issues using it, do a search for the same on http://dsrc.digiserv.net/forum/ as speedykev posted a basic guide on how to use it there a long time ago

Regards,

Ian
i still have to render at 512x384

it says that the resolution is not supported by brazil rio.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG