The online racing simulator
#1 - MR_B
"Did not receive player info" - "Urgh, not again..."
Hey chaps,

I'm having problems connecting to any servers.
Whenever I attempt to join a host, I receive a "did not receive player info" window.

I've tried it on two LFS installs (patch X), and I've noticed that it shows this error on servers with more than 3 people (it gets to the 3rd person and dies).
When connecting to a server with less than 3 people, it will connect me to the server, showing a half sky, half dark grey screen, and then disconnect me after a variating period of time.

It isn't a firewall because it's A. turned off, and B. lets me pull up the list of servers, so the program can access it.

Does anyone know how I am to fix this problem? I did a search but nothing useful appeared.

Thanks in advance, this is becoming quite tiresome now...

EDIT: I managed to connect to a demo server with one racer... I received a message saying "Follower could not find position" and then it naturally lagged and timed me out. (Remember this is just me spectating, let alone joining track)
Are you on a wireless connection by any chance? These things happen a lot on wireless connections.
#3 - MR_B
Nope this is a wired network.

Update: I managed to connect to an S2 server with one racer, and LFSWorld logged my new pb, that I had joined the server and that I was doing laps... But it wouldn't update the position of any other cars, and I was appearing as stationary to fellow racers.
#4 - MR_B
I really would like some clarity on this, these things don't just fix themselves.
Try rebooting your router/modem. I normally get this when i have slow interenet. What ISP are you with? Also if this doesnt work try changing the cable, maybe could be a fault? Have you also tried rebooting your pc?

Hope this helps,

Matt

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG