The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you use the Handicap features?

No
Yes
do you use it, and what is the point?
hey guys, just 2 questions to ask here right now.
In lfs...

1) What IS the point in those handicap features? they just slow you down

AND

2) Do you use them? I also set up a poll on it just to make sure
Once, a long long time ago, I parked in a handicap spot when on delivery. There was nowhere else to park. Got a $75 ticket. Learned me good to never do that again.

I have sometimes held onto the metal bar they put into hotel showers when severely hungover.

I have walked up the ramps instead of stairs, if the ramp was closer; so there goes your theory of 'they just slow you down'.

So, yeah, I have used them.

But never a parking spot ever again.
sorry, i should have worded it more correctly, but i changed the wording now, and i meant as in LFS, the handicap feature things
To make races between drivers of differing abilities closer and thus more interesting - the same as any other handicap system, e.g. golf
Quote from MRSisson :Once, a long long time ago, I parked in a handicap spot when on delivery. There was nowhere else to park. Got a $75 ticket. Learned me good to never do that again.

I have sometimes held onto the metal bar they put into hotel showers when severely hungover.

I have walked up the ramps instead of stairs, if the ramp was closer; so there goes your theory of 'they just slow you down'.

So, yeah, I have used them.

But never a parking spot ever again.

i can't tell if hes being sarcastic or not but either way, funny as hell
I only ever used it seriously on the UKCT Bumperz server that one time, otherwise its for drag racing 24hp UF1's which weigh more than the moon
lol
i just had a good idea, it could be used for racing against the AIs
#9 - garph
Quote from harjun :i just had a good idea, it could be used for racing against the AIs

No, you're just realising what it can be used for, one of many, many things and answering your own question.
if you want a closer race against the ai, you can give yourself a heavy setup with 100% fuel for a 5L race, and/or take on a full set of passengers. If you're still in need of more challenge, try a road course with rallyX tyres on, or put a lego brick under your gas pedal so you can't use 100% throttle
#11 - Jakg
there are some REALLY cool uses of Handicaps - just think about new car classes that could be made, ie you've seen the XFG-engined XFR's on "UKCT..Bumperz", but what about other cars? Racing a slower car doesn't not mean you have less fun, esp considering the handling of the new car - me and some UKCT (...and a n00by ZWR member, Owen ) have been trying limited cars and they are a BLAST to drive (better than the original car imo!), don't know it till you tried it!
Quote from al heeley :....or put a lego brick under your gas pedal so you can't use 100% throttle

Or buy a Momo or DFP and use those pedals
I still say a 200bhp FO8 is really fun too.
Me and my mates have a home race every week and use the handicapping system to provide really close racing.
I fooled around back in the test patches with handicap and actually putting the right amount of handicap to the right pos in the car helped in the handling of the car (I'm talking about the RAC). It helped so much that the handicap actually became an advantage because I could drive faster through the corners (track was KY Nat).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG