The online racing simulator
Driver Movements
(9 posts, started )
Driver Movements
I have a little question: LFS Driver models are very frozen, only few moves turn head left or right and turn wheel, will there be any changes about that, I mean, will there be leg moves when you are pressing brakes, clutch or aceleraition pedal and hand moves when u switching gear up or down?
Its been said before a lot of times, try to use the search button. To answer yur question the movments of the hand to gear would need to be timed correctly and it would be quite hard to code i would assume. Its eyecandy stuff that can wait in my opinion.
search. the hands on the steering wheel already move. but there would be a delay when moving the hands to the shifter and shifting. an example of that is in GTR2.
Quote from Belgrom :in NFS Porche , the driver moves the hands when he changes of speed, I do not believe that it is so difficult to do it in the LFS

Google Translate

Look at the movement of the wheel in NFS Porsche and in LFS. In NFS the driver rotates the wheel maximum 30 degrees to the left and to the right. In LFS it is shown a lot better and more like in RL - driver rotating the wheel up to 720 degrees and changing hands while doing it. It would be hard to synchronize such hand movement with changing gears.
Who cares about driver movements?

I am the driver. And I move. IMO turn the wheel and driver off.

Only for replays would driver movement be good. The gear shift hand movement would then be able to be timed correctly, as LFS knows when the driver has shifted.
Raimyz666 u stolen my my post, damn u!

when u driving the car in Real world and sometimes u turning wheel with one hand , then u hold your hand on the midle or near it, so i dont thing thats hard do gear up and down moves

even PS ONE GAME "Colin Macrea rally 2" got hand moves, it was made long time ago........
+1
Quote from DaveWS :Only for replays would driver movement be good. The gear shift hand movement would then be able to be timed correctly, as LFS knows when the driver has shifted.

Nice idea... +1 for this.

But instead more I'd like to see some kind of multiplayer smoothening, that jerky wheel is just horrid to watch.

Quote from deggis :
But instead more I'd like to see some kind of multiplayer smoothening, that jerky wheel is just horrid to watch.

+1 for that, at least for any car you watching closely.

Driver Movements
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG