The online racing simulator
yea im on demo a bit theve seemed to change QUITE alot i mean there still noobs there but there are a few guys thatare as fast as pros here.
Quote from thestig99 :Did I mention I came back to win by a huge margain?

That's the spirit. That's just what everyone else should be doing, instead of wasting time and energy on complaining. Especially on S2 servers where there are no intentional wreckers. Maybe kindly try to help the "crasher" by telling them that they should brake earlier when drafting someone or to look before turning in etc.

Doing this not only saves up everyones time, may help worse drivers in getting better. This is my principle on things. Sure I get pushed around on T1 once or twice, but then I just gather myself and get back on the track and have fun passing people.
Oh I am licensed, does it not show up under my name? says licensed on my screen
A really great suprise i noticed in X is that people are actually pulling off the start if they false start, not just adding to the T1 mess for no reason. Really suprised me to see people have the curtousy to do that
Quote from thisnameistaken :Just FYI: Those "bad" behaviours don't happen on S2 servers. Pretty much none of the anti-social behaviour you get on demo servers happens on S2 servers, so try not to let those people colour your perception of the sim.

I cant agree on that.Some idi*** showing up even on S2 servers but overally S2 servers are way much more clean places to race then the anarchy on demo servers.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :I cant agree on that.Some idi*** showing up even on S2 servers but overally S2 servers are way much more clean places to race then the anarchy on demo servers.

Well. Almost everyone on the licensed side tries to race and if they don't they will swiftly get barricaded. In the demo there are lots of people who don't even try and their only goal is to ruin others races.
#32 - Toad
Quote from thestig99 :Spent pretty much all morning on the track.

Some good things:

Guys who brake too late, hit you off the track, realise what they've done, and pull over to give your position back. I didn't expect that, very welcome suprise

When you've led most of the race, you're halfway through the last lap, and all the little noobers get the race restarted because they're not gonna win. That one pissed my off the most, mainly because it's rare that I'm leading.

Anyway, I'm sure this is all really old to you guys but I though I'd share

Giving the place back - this is fairly rare. I do it if I've screwed up somewhere but come off better. Most don't, in fact you don't seem to get a sorry that much anymore. There were some guidelines written as part of the Clean Racers Club - I don't know if CTC is still going as such, but the rules are in the LFS manual. Anyway, the giving back of an unfairly gained place is specified there along with other rules promoting harmony, fairness and ... well peace and love and all that. Sadly very few people bother with that stuff.

As for the voting restarts - that is crap. I think the people in the leading 3 positions should have their votes given greater weight - say their votes were worth an additional 10% of the people on the server or something. That way it would be unlikely to get a restart unless the leading 3 agreed with it or didn't vote at all.

Well, I don't know, maybe something along those lines - I just find it irritating that in T1 some guys try and win the race, cause a pile up, and then those that crashed want a restart. Presumably they think some miracle will happen next tme and a T1 crash will be avoided. I remember going through about 4 restarts once, just driving around the same T1, down the straight, restart. Personally, I just try to avoid a T1 crash and if it happens I just race for the best position I can still get.

Toad.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :I still say that the demo servers aren't that twisted mindless irresponsible shit soup crash-bowl-fest that people crack it up to be.

But maybe because I am usually admin when I am on a server ..

And yes, it does happen on s2 here and there.

Finally, TBQH people in demo are more willing to socialize than on s2..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG