The online racing simulator
Oval finish
(18 posts, started )
Oval finish
What is allowed on the last straight before the finish of an Oval?

At the last corner, when two cars are drafting usually you get the pushing and pulling for the best position. I've noticed that some people do the slalom which makes it pritty much impossible to overtake. However, I've been intentionaly (at least it looked to me that way) pushed of the track by someone when I was only slowly moving to the side to block.

So my question is a simple one: what is considered fair play in such a situation?
The same as always, I think? One blocking move allowed. So you can go right to block the pass if he's not dangerously close yet, but you are not allowed to move back left to block him again.
Yeah agreed, one move is allowed. It anoys me when people weave about blocking you, on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th lap to.
One move is allowed PER STRAIGHT!!! A driver is perfectly entitled to fairly cover the inside line as many times as he likes per lap. So 2nd and 3rd and 4th laps etc are fine.

If he's on the inside, go to the outside, and get him on corner exit. Easy really.
Yes, i also agree to this. It should be ONE blocking move only per straight.

If someone starts zigzagging on me, i honk a few times, if he keeps doing it,
i hold the horn down and just go for it, keeping my line, if he crashes me then
too bad, i won't let some immature fool win because he can't play fair with
others. Once i got so pissed at a guy that i spend the following 4-5 races just
ramming him off the track at Turn1 so at least OTHERS could have a decent
race. It was almost fun trying to take him out before he hit someone
else, felt a bit like cops&robbers.

"See how fun it is for others ? You gonna stop now ?"
Of course, that wasn't smart of me, but sometimes you just burst.

As in all things in my life, if you start acting tough with me, you can be sure
i'll return the favor. I'm a relatively decent person , but nothing sets me off as
much as people with no respect for others. Sometimes a good beating is all
they understand, but i shouldn't say this here...hehe
Unfortunately the muppets out there weave most laps, don't follow racing lines or allow you to pass on the left which is the racing ettiquette most adopt...
Pass on the left? Eh what? I pass what ever side I can! The only place I can think of where you have to pass on the left is the Nurburgring, and even then it's only a (strict) guide, not teh law :P
Quote from tristancliffe :Pass on the left? Eh what?

Some people might have an agreement to let lapping cars pass on the left side, to avoid confusion in blue flag situations.

I have no idea if this is what he meant, though.
We're talking about Oval Racing. At least that's what my post was about.
There is a rule in some forms of oval racing IRL that you are allowed to block on the last lap.
#11 - jmkz
Quote from Fonnybone :"See how fun it is for others ? You gonna stop now ?"

I know the feeling in GTR race I was rammed in the back by driver "X" (by accident), he spun me off the track, and he also got stuck. I slowly moved myself back on the track.. he was doing the same, I was still in front of him and during my manoeuver I hit him. I said "sorry" and started driving again, at the next corner he rammed of track on purpose, when I said: "what's your problem?" , he just started cursing.

Fine with me. It was a 15 lap race, the incident happened in lap 2. I waited 13 laps in a nice spot, and on his lap 15 I took him out (total wreckage); Felt pretty good after that
Quote from ajp71 :There is a rule in some forms of oval racing IRL that you are allowed to block on the last lap.

That's why I asked. I was wondering what the rules are for Oval Racing specific.
Rules vary by server so there's no one answer to that question.

There are plenty of things that may get other racers pissed off like weaving to shake the draft or blocking at every opportunity but depending on the server you mat get away with that or you may get booted.
Quote from Fonnybone :Once i got so pissed at a guy that i spend the following 4-5 races just ramming him off the track at Turn1 so at least OTHERS could have a decent race. It was almost fun trying to take him out before he hit someone
else, felt a bit like cops&robbers.

"See how fun it is for others ? You gonna stop now ?"

Hope you were sure that he do it on purpose. And if he did why just not kick him, or just leave? :cookiemon
on the oval.. or any track for that matter, its not very smart to battle at all unless you are hopeless of gaining on the guy in front of you. Most people arent smart enough to realize this sadly
i dont use any dangerous moves. if i cant safely block inside, i leave it open.

Many times someone has left outside or inside open and when i go for it they swerve and take us both out.
Quote from Hyperactive :Hope you were sure that he do it on purpose. And if he did why just not kick him, or just leave? :cookiemon

you forgot this part...

Quote from Fonnybone :Of course, that wasn't smart of me, but sometimes you just burst.

As far as i could tell, yes, he was doing it on purpose. Driving well but
suddenly swerving as you get a few feet from his rear, everytime. Not enough
people got annoyed for him to get the boot. After the 3rd time he rammed me
off road accusing me of crashing him, THAT'S when i blew my top.., it happens.
I said it wasn't smart, didn't i ?!
It depends Do you have fun with some friends ? Block them as much as you can and then let them win, that's only when they are faster

Driving with guys who want to win ? Block them a little, let them hit the wall and win

Little (unfair ) shits who are slow ? Let them pass you, give them for a brief moment the idea that they won and then pass them

There is NO 1 blocking rule ! It's about FUN, and imo it doesn't matter who win.
Did you have a nice race, was it fun ?
You may only block once... But you may swerve like hell in the last lap to break the draft. Usually I make sure I'm in 2nd in the last lap, so I don't have to break it.

Oval finish
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG