The online racing simulator
Quick question please answer [about S1 license]
my parents will only help me buy s1 so i would like to know, is it still worth it? or should i just forget about the whole thing.

1.do people still play with s1 cars or just the newer better s2 cars?
2.does s1 have all features and just a couple less cars and tracks?
3.and can i still play with autocross editor and tweaks?
Hardly anyone plays S1 anymore and the extra tracks & cars in S2 are totally worth it. S1 doesn't have the 5 GTR cars, the 3 open-wheelers (including the BMW Sauber F1) or the UF1000. It doesn't have the Westhill track, the numerous Aston variations, the Kyoto variations or the extra South City variation (or all the patches made for S2 since its release). There's probably other sutff I haven't listed (you did want a quick answer after all ). Basically, if you get S1 you'll only have half the game, maybe less

So, yeah, definitely go for S2 - get a part-time job to make up the other half of the license fee, or maybe offer to do some extra crud around the house so the folks will cough up the rest. Wash your neighbours' cars even, it shouldn't take you too long to earn 25 bucks (or whatever 12 pounds is in USD these days). Or, just work for long enough to earn the whole 24 pounds (50-60ish bucks?). It's worth a shot if you really want the game.

I don't even know about the auto-X editor and stuff - S2's enough on its own imho
Quote from iluuv2sk8 :my parents will only help me buy s1 so i would like to know, is it still worth it? or should i just forget about the whole thing.

1.do people still play with s1 cars or just the newer better s2 cars?
2.does s1 have all features and just a couple less cars and tracks?
3.and can i still play with autocross editor and tweaks?

1. There is a great CTRA server for S1, but it's being closed at the moment for upgrading.. however, most servers are actually S2.

2. You got that.

3. You can

BTW: Bear in mind if u buy S1, it's half way to S2, so if you buy S2 in the future, it's just 12 pounds. That worths
thanks alot thats what i was looking for. im only 14 so i cant get a job or anything so i think im just going to take the s1 offer from my dad and then ill wait a little bit and beg for the extra $24 to get s2. ive been playing this game for a month or so now and it is probably the best racing i have ever played. so im gonna work hard for it.
Quote from Hankstar :S1 doesn't have the ... extra South City variation (or all the patches made for S2 since its release).

The S1 license is completely usable with v0.5X you know, there's no need to have to use v0.3H. So you still get all the physics improvements and track additions since then.

S1, S2 and S3 refer to content, not the game version.
I bought S1 first since it seemed the most logical thing to do, to first learn to drive and race the slower cars before moving on the real fast ones. I did have a lot of fun racing on the CTRA server, but after patch X came out it went down and there were only 3 S1 servers left and they were empty 99% of the time So I upgraded to S2 last week. Haven't regretted it, single seater racing is where it's at!
Take what you can now - at least you will get something!

Yeah almost all (99.99....%) people use S2 and there only a few (2or3) S1 servers and most of the time they are empty!

Get your dad to read this post and show him the game and hopefully he'll come to some arrangement for S2 - maybe wash his car for a month (in between playing LFS) or something!

James
thanks for the help guys. but yeah im probably going to take s1 instead of argue and maybe get nothing cuz at least s1 is something and then after i get it ill do some stuff for him like wash his car and stuff then ask for an s2 upgrade. so i look forward to racing with you guys hopefully soon.
maybe scavier are able to merge the s1 and the s2 stages so we can all use the same servers and the only thing that seperates us are the cars and the tracks that are only available to the s2 users? it really makes no sense to seperate the licenced users the way it is now. only the demo users should be seperated because of the wrecking factor.
then it would also be good if there are more licenced people joining the demo servers from time to time, to show the people how it would be in s1+2 servers by helping with clean racing...

let your dad play lfs and let him compare to some crap games, maybe then he would see how cheap it is regarding value for money (the game itself is outstanding in development, content, physics. it has a great community and it has lfsworld with all the online stats and things). it also has one of the longest lifetime cycle i´ve seen with any game software and is not finished yet so it will life some more time. it is not like nfs1 to 10 or madden or fifa01 02 03 ... a new game to buy for every little upgrade. race07 anyone?
you see there are software developers with gamer ethics out there and there are some software houses that employ more sales and marketing persons and lawyers than actual programmers.

peace mo
#10 - MR_B
Quote from molocco :maybe scavier are able to merge the s1 and the s2 stages so we can all use the same servers and the only thing that seperates us are the cars and the tracks that are only available to the s2 users? it really makes no sense to seperate the licenced users the way it is now. only the demo users should be seperated because of the wrecking factor.
then it would also be good if there are more licenced people joining the demo servers from time to time, to show the people how it would be in s1+2 servers by helping with clean racing...

+1 That's deffinately a good idea, and gets my backing.
molocco - that improvement is coming (although maybe not exactly as you had described). The separation between S1 and S2 servers has been reduced recently (S2 mode shows S1 servers as well). I can't recall if this got added with patch X or left until patch Y but S1 servers either will be able to see S2 servers running S1 combos, essentially removing any separation.
Quote from molocco :maybe scavier are able to merge the s1 and the s2 stages so we can all use the same servers and the only thing that seperates us are the cars and the tracks that are only available to the s2 users? it really makes no sense to seperate the licenced users the way it is now. only the demo users should be seperated because of the wrecking factor.

let your dad play lfs and let him compare to some crap games, maybe then he would see how cheap it is regarding value for money (the game itself is outstanding in development, content, physics. it has a great community and it has lfsworld with all the online stats and things). it also has one of the longest lifetime cycle i´ve seen with any game software and is not finished yet so it will life some more time. it is not like nfs1 to 10 or madden or fifa01 02 03 ... a new game to buy for every little upgrade. race07 anyone?
you see there are software developers with gamer ethics out there and there are some software houses that employ more sales and marketing persons and lawyers than actual programmers.

peace mo

A very wise post

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG