The online racing simulator
Question about inside outside rules.
I just were on the a server where the combo was UFR&XFR @ AS Cadet, the grid were packed. Lots of nasty racing.

Annyway, some of the faster guys there (karters particullary) consistently pushed the cars that were on the outside in the turn out.
Allso me of course, and its not the first time. Now, I enjoy fair racing, but it is NOT fair to push the competitor onto the grass just because you can and then take the win as if you did a huge thing.

I asked them if the rules were so, and some of them answered yes, "because thats how we drive our karts".
Well, I'm pretty pissed about that to be honest. I'm not going to say that ALL karters do this, because they don't, but it seems to me that a huge amount of you guys have this vision of racing.

Have you ever thought that karts can't be compared to any of the cars in LFS? (Maybe except the MRT, but who drives that anyway?)

Honestly, do you do the same when driving the big GTR's, and even the open wheelers?

My question really is this: Do the general person in here think that this is right, that if you are so unlucky to be on the outside you have to expect to be blown off the track?

This really annoys me.
Of course not? Stupidest rule I've ever heard about racing...
Pushing the car, which is on the outside of the turn?
This is highly unfair, egoistic, retarded, every bad adjective you may find I can´t believe that some people consider that as normal.
I would be really annoyed too, because this is anything but clean and fair racing.

Quote from MyBoss :(Maybe except the MRT, but who drives that anyway?)

Me
its hard to explain, but if someone were to stay on your outside u run them off the track after the apex of the turn

in real life, EVERYONE knows not to try and go round the outside once someone is alongside. i tried it a few weeks ago and i went off!!

its ahrd to explain, but imagine lobbing the car up the inside and totally commiting yourself, meaning u WILL run to the outside of the track on the exit, if someone is there then physics means that u will force them off.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :
its ahrd to explain, but imagine lobbing the car up the inside and totally commiting yourself, meaning u WILL run to the outside of the track on the exit, if someone is there then physics means that u will force them off.

Of course you´ll hit each other if you keep your speed and your line, but i guess it´s your job to avoid contact with slowing down a little more, therefore being able to get some space between you and the outside of the track..
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :

The thing is that you in 9 out of 10 situations KNOW that there are someone on the outside. And when you do know that, well, its quite easy to prepare yourself to give some space to the chap on the outside.

Maybe this is normal in karting, but its not in racing with big cars.
Well I saw several times such a kart guy on the Bug test servers.
He was trying to defend his bad driving that he do karting so you have to live with that how he drivers and that he has no intenet to change himself because he does karting:doh:

Hopefully not same idiot spamming several servers lately.
Some guys have really funny points to defeat their bad driving.
Quote from Mr.Muh :Of course you´ll hit each other if you keep your speed and your line, but i guess it´s your job to avoid contact with slowing down a little more, therefore being able to get some space between you and the outside of the track..

if u slowed down more so that they could stay on the outside, then u wouldnt be able to let them see you on the inside!!

montoya squeezed schumacher off a few years ago and brundle was saying what a good move it was, ill try and find the vid.

EDIT: i think it was fisichella squeezed sum1 at melbourne last year
#9 - cwmax
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :its hard to explain, but if someone were to stay on your outside u run them off the track after the apex of the turn

in real life, EVERYONE knows not to try and go round the outside once someone is alongside. i tried it a few weeks ago and i went off!!

HU? You're either so slow someone can pass you on the outside OR you're passing on the inside. You know there's another car there either way.

Quote from ayrton senna 87 : its ahrd to explain, but imagine lobbing the car up the inside and totally commiting yourself, meaning u WILL run to the outside of the track on the exit, if someone is there then physics means that u will force them off.

And if you know someone is there you just run them off, drive like you own the track cause you commited to the turn??? STUPID, never heard of that in any form of racing.
man, u guys know NOTHGING and cant understand

they get squeezed on the EXIT if they STAY on the outside of u whilst u are passing
on the ENTRY the aim is to make sure they see you so they dont turn in

When i get overtaken, when sum1 is on the inside, i know im beaten and i drop back behind them at the apex, and try to get them back
LFSers try and go round the outside which just wastes time and is poor race craft.

theres no point in continuing with this convo because people who dont race CANT understand
MyBoss, AS Cadet with UFR&XFR, is that Conedodgers server?

Been playing there a few times the last week, and it is fun, but honestly not that high quality, with lot's of wreckers and whining people.

You gotta love it when a admin starts spamming about blue flags
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :man, u guys know NOTHGING and cant understand

they get squeezed on the EXIT if they STAY on the outside of u whilst u are passing
on the ENTRY the aim is to make sure they see you so they dont turn in

When i get overtaken, when sum1 is on the inside, i know im beaten and i drop back behind them at the apex, and try to get them back
LFSers try and go round the outside which just wastes time and is poor race craft.

theres no point in continuing with this convo because people who dont race CANT understand

So..... If I'm battleing you for position, last turn - last lap. I dive to the inside and have the line, I WIN, cause you know you're beat and will just give up.

RIGHT?
if u presented yourself beside me on the inside, then there would be nothing i can do, apart from try to cut back on the inside on the exit!!

so yes, you would win if i couldnt cut back
@Alan: Well, that's true, the racing groove doesn't provide more grip. Yet.
Quote from MyBoss :Ayrton, what you're saying is that Fisichella could have just driven right into Kimi Raikkonen last year at Suzuka (or was it the year before?) because Kimi were on the outside.

Whos to blame here? (at the end)
http://video.google.com/videop ... 8462445397&q=caterham

Whos to blame? (after ca 1 min)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtE17FkBksA

the 1 with montoya was montoyas fault, because there was no way for the driver infront to know he was on the inside, bad move from monty, he didnt present himself!!!
he did what alot of people in LFS do, undercomit or expect the drivers infront to be looking into their mirrors. if he LOBBED it up the inside in a big braking zone, the driver infront would go, 'whoa' and not turn in!

havnt seen the 2nd vid
ill never squeeze sum1 before the apex, only after if they tried to stay on the outside!
I've seen Drivers take the easy route and gently bump the driver ahead of them off the track before the turn gain a place...result.

To the OP of course its not right if both cars are level at turn in point the inside driver should not run another car off the track, but many drivers have an real advantage its called not giving a shit.
Quote from Alan Dove :these are cases of cutting...entry to the corner...we are talking about exiting a corner....not entry contact

How about this? No crashing, just a guy trying to pass on the outside ... several times. If he succeds? Yes. Should the car on the inside used his "right" and pushed the BMW out of the track so he could have won the race? No.

Watch and enjoy, THIS is racing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nuRgzaJ-q8&

Imo, if a person have to push the other car of the track to gain a position, then the driver is a lousy driver. No matter how fast he/she is.

Quote from JohnPenn :many drivers have an real advantage its called not giving a shit.

Thats some real shit
Senna's point is that if someone is far enough alongside (pretty much level), and on the inside of you, it is your responsibility to make the decision whether or not to yield the position. Think of it like this, once that car is alongside down the inside, he has the place, he is now the defending car, he has the right to the line and does not have to compromise himself because you are maybe going to try to attack him back around the outside of the corner.

IRL there is much less side by side stuff through the corners for this very reason. Drivers realise that it would be a risk to themselves to try and hang on, so they turn in behind the overtaking car and concentrate on getting a good exit to the corner. That doesn't mean it's fair to run someone off the road if you could avoid it and the level of overlap is crucial in this argument, but unless you're actually still ahead of the car on the inside of you, you really should think about yielding.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :its hard to explain, but if someone were to stay on your outside u run them off the track after the apex of the turn

lol come on... I'm sure you have more skill than that. if someone is on your outside, why not just leave barely enough room instead of pushing them off the road?
I always thought it was the overtaker's responsibility to avoid contact, not the defender...
yeah thats the case most of the time... but if a guy is already side by side with you at the apex or before, why run him off the road? if' its gotten to that pt already, you've been outmaneuvered and should just focus on trying to accellerate faster out of the corner.
the thing is, F1 cars and XFR's are different. you have such little time to react in f1 cars so certain moves that are okay in an xfr are considered crazy in an F1 car.
Quote from Gabkicks :yeah thats the case most of the time... but if a guy is already side by side with you at the apex or before, why run him off the road? if' its gotten to that pt already, you've been outmaneuvered and should just focus on trying to accellerate faster out of the corner.

Of course, that's what I mean. If he's side by side you can assume he overtook you, so you have to avoid contact.
Quote from Alan Dove :here's a good example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lciFt99iU6c

massa has no where to go. Alonso knew the consequences of his actions. Do you seriously suggest Massa should slow his car down, sacrifice his line, and allow Alonso to take his line.....

he didn't RAM Alonso, but physics took there natural course

If Massa slowed down there, he'd cause a massive pileup behind him.
This thread is closed

Question about inside outside rules.
(320 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG