The online racing simulator
Quote from srdsprinter :People who drive fast and cleanly gain respect.

More importantly, experienced racers who drive cleanly set a good example for others to follow. If even the experienced people drive like they own the track, exactly what example do you expect the less experienced drivers to base their own racing on?
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :My point is that EVERYONE who races in real life at a decent level is saying that it is right

I guess you missed the screenshot I posted of how Fisi does not sqeeze Button. Or maybe F1 isn't a decent level. UK karting is probably more decent.
I have been following this thread with interest some good points have been made, I think the subject has been well covered.

What I have noticed that there have been posts from a few about hard clean racing all very true wish there was more racing like this in LFS, but the problem is SOME don't practice what they post.
Quote from BTCCFan :So it's ok to crash into people who aren't as talented as yourself?

not atall mate, i tried to say that people are unpredictable and are not always vigilant enough to avoid crashes etc etc
Quote from J.B. :I guess you missed the screenshot I posted of how Fisi does not sqeeze Button. Or maybe F1 isn't a decent level. UK karting is probably more decent.

fisi was totally beside button and i say AGAIN like my previous post on the matter, that would have been a sideswipe.
What exactly does totally beside mean? And where?
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :its not arrogance, its fact, most of u guys do not know what you are doing, every1 who knows me knows im not arrogant, and in real life i dont go around crashing into people, because of the fact that they arent losers with 0 talent.

uhuhuhuhu

This is your racecraft and competitiveness that makes you bumping people at T1, and end on the roof alone in the AS Cadet chicane at lap 2 ?

stop saying sh!t, you are both an arrogant and dirty racer. And hiding behind a famous name won't make you look a better racer.

By the way, competitiveness has nothing to do with being a clean racer or not. And the inverse is true. At all levels of competition you can see fair and unfair drivers.
Guys, don't turn this into a flame war thread.

It have had good and serious discussion this far. Don't sink so low and call eachother names, if you do the thread becomes useless and I'm going to get a mod to lock it.

I really think this is an interesting thing. But because everyone seems to have their own style of driving and if someone disagree it seems like the other fella is a duschebag.
Quote from Tomi :uhuhuhuhu

This is your racecraft and competitiveness that makes you bumping people at T1, and end on the roof alone in the AS Cadet chicane at lap 2 ?

i kept flipping on a kerb, so what, who cares?

EDIT: all of u are ****ing tossers and there is no point in this discussion, at the end of the day this is a racing sim and u guys drive like total pussies.

i am not a dirty racer atall, its just that u guys dont drive with the same level of agression as me and therefore wont get involved in as many accidents from retarded people doing stupid things infront.
Watch it Ayrton, keep it up and you may see yourself in some trouble.
Intense yes, just go outside for a while and get a breather, no need to worry about a game.

Ignorance is bliss as they say,
These are the rules that I use for most series on SCORE.

Quote :
General Race!
§ 01 - No contact is allowed at any time. Due to the fact that neither humans, nor internet is perfect in any way, a nudge or a scratch is not deemed as contact. Anything harder may render a complaint and a punishment.
§ 02 - Contact from behind is always more serious than contact side by side and will be punished thereafter. Any contact deemed deliberate will result in an instant ban from the series.
§ 03 - The lead car has always right to a corner. If two cars are alongside, the inside car has the right to the corner and the corner exit. Cars are not alongside until the front wheel is beside the opponents door.
§ 04 - If you spin off track, safe return to the track is your responsibility. Do not reenter the track when there is incoming traffic. Even if this means letting by the entire field of cars. Even if it wasn't your fault you spun. Penalty for not following this rule is a one race ban.
§ 05 - If you spin and remain on track, you should remain completely still until all incoming traffic has passed. Even if this means letting by the entire field of cars. Even if it wasn't your fault you spun. Penalty for not following this rule is a one race ban.
§ 06 - Overtaking is the responsibility of the overtaking car. Do not make a pass unless it's safe to do so. Even if the car in front is slowing you down and even if the car in front is a lap behind.
§ 07 - A driver may not sway back and forth on straight's. One 'change of lanes' is allowed to line up for next corner. Deliberate blocking is not allowed and will most probably be punished.
§ 08 - Cars being lapped must give way to lapping cars. A car being lapped should be able to find a good spot to let the lapping car overtake in about three turns, or at the most one lap.
§ 09 - Sudden braking on straight's to get an opponent to drive into you (idiot braking or brake checking) is not allowed and is most probably going to get you banned from the series.
§ 10 - You should at all times try to keep two wheels on the track or curbing, or directly above if airborne. You may use runoff areas and all parts of the track, but may not constantly cut corners and chicanes.
§ 11 - When leaving pits you need to stay inside the blend line. Cars on track, coming up on a car leaving pits must stay outside the blend line. Cutting the line will result in a one race ban.
§ 12 - You may not switch driving position during the series in order to gain weight distribution advantage. A driver caught doing this will gain 30 seconds added to race time.

You may argue this and that, you may talk about how it is in real life and you may also dig deep into the rules and regulations on the official FIA site (like I did a couple of pages back in this thread), but the fact remains. If you come to race on my server, in my league, you go by these rules. If you don't, you're history.

Rules are rules and they differ form series to series. I have my rules, Clean Racers Club has their rules and STCC has their rules. Bottom line is, read and understand and then drive. Don't argue about something you can do nothing about.
Well, I read this thread with interest and at times amusement. I even posted in here to state my views on the matter. By now, I've actually come to the conclusion that most people who posted their views as well, are actually not as far apart as it may seem. Problem is, there are at least two people who have a certain way of expressing their views that is rather counterproductive. All this talk about "I'm a real racer and you don't know diddley" is just so full of arrogance and incapability to even begin to understand that there just may be other views which are not necessarily total bogus. Geez, give us a break! Afaik, all you guys are doing is karting! Correct? Yet, you act like you're full-blown F1-racers. Don't you see how ridiculous that is?

Well, I'm out of this thread now, as arguing with the immature has a tendency to irritate me.

Edit: Judging by this post, which I just reread, I'm plenty irritated already.
Schumacher is also driving in regular open roads. Does it means that that Paris Hilton is as much a real racer as Ayrton Senna ?
Lol is not a valid form of punctuation, witty remark or clue of sarchastic innuendo.

Instead, a simple lol can be misunderstood of a person's cheerful joy from harbling hiz ballz.
Quote :
Schumacher is also driving in regular open roads. Does it means that that Paris Hilton is as much a real racer as Ayrton Senna ?

not for the next few weeks
Quote from Alan Dove :notice the 'lol' at the end of my post....aka funny ha ha... my comment was not meant as some self fulfilling ego boost regarding karting.

hehe, irony isn't meant for the internet :-P
Lads, I have to say, I agree very much with AS 87 and Alan on this. Squeezing is part of the sport. Only reason why it may not be seen that often in racing sims is because racing in sims is nowhere near as serious as the real thing. Whenever I race with friends or my bro whenever we just head down to the karting center for some fun, particularly with my bro and myself, we push each other to the edge.

I'm sorry to say but those who believe squeezing is a dirty tactic, yes, I believe it is but when the level of competition is so high and theres a great prize or aim you could say which you can achieve if you pass the driver ahead, then be sure that every driver will push the boundries of racing rules.

Personally, something which I think ALL of motorsport lacks is nobility. Accepting that a driver outsmarted you and respecting him for it. I like to race noble but I also like to race hard and like AS 87 said, push my car, push my abilities and push the other driver or drivers to their limit. Thats how it should be done and thats what racing is all about.
Quote from Leprekaun :Personally, something which I think ALL of motorsport lacks is nobility.

You think so? Here is a quote I picked at random:
Quote from Wikipedia :(Mike Hawthorn) was the winner of the 1958 Formula One Championship. With only one win that year against four wins of Stirling Moss, he benefited greatly from the gentlemanliness of Moss as shown at the Portuguese Grand Prix of Porto. Hawthorn was disqualified for pushing his car, against the rules, on the way to a second place finish. Moss interceded on Hawthorn's behalf and the decision was ultimately reversed. Those second place points at Porto contributed to Hawthorn winning the championship with a season total just one single point more than that of Moss.

Quote from MyBoss :How about this? No crashing, just a guy trying to pass on the outside ... several times. If he succeds? Yes. Should the car on the inside used his "right" and pushed the BMW out of the track so he could have won the race? No.

Watch and enjoy, THIS is racing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nuRgzaJ-q8&

Imo, if a person have to push the other car of the track to gain a position, then the driver is a lousy driver. No matter how fast he/she is.

Quote from drinklime :

Pussies. Obviosly need to go through UK karting before they can become real men.
Quote from J.B. :Pussies. Obviosly need to go through UK karting before they can become real men.

LOL

Seriously, i had a race on a demo server with one guy from Serbia who races in real life, didn't get the chance to ask him what car because he pi**ed me off (It's probably the local Yugo races, search for Yugo on google, you'll know what car is it

It seems that they actually "teach" them to race like idiots... We were going side by side through BL finish straight aproaching T1, i presented him that i am next to him almost at the begging of the straight, and right before T1 he turned into me (he was outside, i was inside) and rammed me in the grass...
I told him that i'm gonna ban him the next time he does that, but he repliyed with something like "i was infront, i have the right to choose the way"! and other time i was chasing him down the BL finish straight again, he was infront, i went in his slipstream and start to go inside, he changed the direction and went inside, blocking me, ok, he has the right to do that, so i went outside, but again he changed his mind, and decided to also go outside?! (the ideal line) and i was like "wtf are u doing, you can't change direction 2 times while we aproach the corner",but again he said "off course i can, i am in front, i have the right to choose the way"

I don't know how i ressisted myself not to ban him, probably because he was fellow serbian, but i can't believe that this mentality is present in RL racing so much... who teaches them this behaviour?!
I have to say he might be kind of right. In real life the rules aren't as specific. The rules usually just say that dangerous driving is forbidden, but there is no specific rules about how many times you can change the lane on a straigth or how much overlap you need to have a right to a corner. The marshalls judge the incidents per incident. So if he was in front he had the right to do pretty much anything without dangering other drivers. Is all about how the marshalls see it in the end, so drivers are thought to push the limits to get the most advantage. In non-openwheeler racing in RL drivers actually use quite a lot of contact.
Quote from geeman1 :but there is no specific rules about how many times you can change the lane on a straigth

i believe after a few moves from schumacher the rules were specifically changed to read something alon the lines that youre allowed to make one defending move and youre allowed to return to the normal racing line after that
Quote from geeman1 :I have to say he might be kind of right..

Then screw the CRC rules?
You can't change your direction two times for an upcoming corner, it's common sense, aren't the CRC rules aplied both in RL and in sims... C'mon now..
This thread is closed

Question about inside outside rules.
(320 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG