The online racing simulator
S2x Starting Line Help
(12 posts, started )
S2x Starting Line Help
Hey All,

I have not tried the new patch yet but what is it like having false starts and where do i start by controlling my starts?

I used to race a Black MOMO but have a new G25 sitting in my office for when i get back from my holidays
You sit at the lights with the handbrake on. If you don't have a shifter, I presume you are put into neutral (never tried without shifter). You're then left to your own devices. Wove when the lights go green or ignore them completely - it's your call.

As usual, the auto-handbrake turns itself off as soon as the vehicle is put in gear and the clutch lifted.
This is what I do -

Make sure you are in neutral before you get put onto the grid, hold the clutch down, into 1st, then wait for the green lights. The handbrake stays on once you hold the clutch down.

This works with the shifter and sequential gears.
Thanks I'll try that. Have the strange feeling that this is going to take a lot of practice to get right
It really isn't hard to get right, but it takes some time getting comfortable with.
You might need practice for your reaction times, i know i did(and still do)
Handbrake I never use the handbrake on the starting grid; just hold the clutch down and the revs steady until the green lights come on
Handbrake is automatically applied - you don't need to do anything. Indeed, you can't get rid of it without moving. It's to stop people rolling backwards/forwards etc - a concession to playability over realism.
Apply the clutch to a button on your wheel, then you will have no problems
Then try to start a few times in SP, because as i tried first got a couple false starts...now i'm used to it, but i should have practiced more.
Well, in the SS cars, starts can be tricky, they can get out of shape very quickly. So, I wait for the light to change... all the time I'm making damn sure my wheel is neutral, n focus only on keeping it absolutely straight.

As for quick starts... well I have my own lil trick there, that I'm not about to tell u lol... I used to dead against this is patch x, but I've come to like it alot. Particularly that you can't predict when it will go green.

If you've got a brain in your head, on first corner, you'll be anticipating trouble, so brake to avoid so u can pick your way thru the mess, unless you are one of those idiots who think u can take an 85kph hairpin at 180kph.

Ven
I've been around for a while. I've had my fair sharee of 1st corner woes
I simply put in 1st gear and hold down the clutch button...and when the lights go green, i release the clutch and avoid T1 mess...once i gained 10 places because nearly everyone was involved in that accident.

S2x Starting Line Help
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG