The online racing simulator
#1 - J.B.
A few Controls/Interface suggestions
Three requests:

1) In patch X the step size for changing the live fuel settings has changed from 5% to 1%. This step is too small for making fast adjustments while driving, which is obviously what the live srttings are there for. I thought I could fix this by using scripts that press left/right five times in a row but have just realized that this causes other problems as 5% is too large a step for brake balance for instance. I think the fuel setting should be changed back to what it was or be made customizable.

2) Another thing that has changed in patch X is that you need to press ctrl+shift to see what your current best lap time is. I would like to have this on my wheel but /ctrl shift is not a valid command.

3) A command for setting system global keypresses would be nice for activating external apps like Teamspeak or Ventrillo.
#2 - ajp71
First two are great suggestions, don't really understand the third
Quote from J.B. :/ctrl shift is not a valid command.

Tried /shift ctrl instead?
#4 - J.B.
Quote from ajp71 :First two are great suggestions, don't really understand the third

I mean something like "/global_press K" so that if I set the mute key in Ventrillo to "K" I could turn it on and off from LFS without using tools like joytokey.

Quote from geeman1 :Tried /shift ctrl instead?

Yes, doesn't work either.
#5 - ajp71
Quote from J.B. :I mean something like "/global_press K" so that if I set the mute key in Ventrillo to "K" I could turn it on and off from LFS without using tools like joytokey.

May be nice but it sounds like quite a radical departure from the current control system, don't know how technically difficult it would be to do.
Quote from Mike85 :And Scawen just fixes things and puts something in and something out, just by feeling. Randomly.

It wasn't random. The times display was cluttered before with 4 or 5 lines at worst situations. It is now much cleaner with the info you don't really need to see all the time removed. You don't really need to see the best lap time at all, it is just another fun fact you can look at after the race. It has no effect on the current race.
#7 - bbman
You have: Ctrl + Shift

Mike, I'd REALLY recommend better investigations into things before you open your mouth... Have a look at the manual, use the search function and 99% of your pointless statements are answered...
#8 - Ricou
Quote from bbman :You have: Ctrl + Shift

Mike, I'd REALLY recommend better investigations into things before you open your mouth... Have a look at the manual, use the search function and 99% of your pointless statements are answered...

bbman, I'd REALLY recommend you to read the entire thread before posting (bullshit). Thanks a lot.
He just said he wanted to have a shorcut for displaying the best lap time on his wheel, not that he didnt know how to see his best lap time.

By the way, I agree with you Mike, I prefer to have the best lap time always displayed rather than having to press Ctrl+Shift.
Having an option for it would be appreciated
#9 - bbman
Quote from Ricou :bbman, I'd REALLY recommend you to read the entire thread before posting (bullshit). Thanks a lot.
He just said he wanted to have a shorcut for displaying the best lap time on his wheel, not that he didnt know how to see his best lap time.

Ricou, please refrain from posting without thinking... Whom was I talking to? So to whom do you think I was referring, Mike or J.B.?
Ok, I'm sorry for flaming

BUT I keep thinking he meant an option to always display the best lap time, not a shortcut to show it for a second. So if I'm right, your answer was off-board.
Sorry to you too, no hard feelings, ok? I know the second paragraph of my reply was a bit (far) off-topic, I just got annoyed with him whining about every change and ranting how bad it all is...

About the option-thing: Scawen once explained that he avoids options as much as possible, as options mean a lot of redundant code with only small changes here and there and the higher probability for something to go wrong...

J.B.'s suggestion I find worth to be looked at though, as there currently is no way to simulate pressing either one of those keys, not even talking about pressing two keys simultaneously...
Setting fuel by 1% is great. In OWRL F1 where we have to pit twice, changing live by 5% was a problem for second pitstop, it was always a bit too much or too little, and finding some average that's close enough to +-5 from the first stop was unnecesarry. If you hold your key it's not a problem at all to go from 1 to 99 in just a second or two, and as you drive in the pitlane with speed limit there's plenty of time for that, you can even adjust it while your stopped and tyres are being changed.
#13 - J.B.
Usually when I have to use the live settings it's because of an unexpected incident that forces me into the pits for repairs. I make some rough strategy calculations in my head while driving towards the pits and then I need to input whatever fuel value I came up as quickly as possible so that I can concentrate on entering the pit lane or stopping on the right spot or whatever. I prefer speed over precision it this case. And holding down the button doesn't work when you use wheel button scripts to do the settings.
You could go the rough way and set those keypresses through the driver software (if the driver supports that)... Should work for both problems (at least the Logitech Profiler solves them)...
JB: Have a look at AutoHotkey, it'll solve numbers 2 and 3 for you.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG