The online racing simulator
removed
Quote from EkinoxNH :It is clearly a misunderstanding, and if it 's a problem for Gai-Luron I will stop the development of these apps to the detriment of the community ...

I do it as a service for ConeDodgers that's all!
EK

I have spoken to Gui-luron on MSN and i am sure once his and Monksters name is added to the list there will be no problem at all.

I have also told that if there is any fault whatsoever it is with me and not you.
removed
!!removed!!

Reason:
- Modification of the webpage www.lfsbuddy.com to accord with the reality
- The source of lfsbuddy will bee released in accompliance with GNU General license
- Excuses from EkinoxNH and Birder

Problem solved

Gai-Luron
removed
where can i download lfsbuddy?

(im community)
removed
i understand gai-luron...
someone else profit on his work without his mind and/or permission (and this is not 1st time when someone used parts of lfslapper i think).
plus gnu licence - are you using parts of souces? then share yours!

subjective (my) point of view
i think he was very hurted to discover your website where you has writed that all dev is your work without named Gai luron and all his work for lapper and the community.

it's a totally clumsily (awkward ?) way you give to present your lapper project ..

i think it will be cool for all (gai luron, conedodgers and LFS community lapper users) that you make little apologizes
removed
removed
Post removed by Birder:
I have just spoken to Gai-luron and he has given his approval for us to carry on developing LFSBuddy

He says he does not want us to stop developing. I very much thank him for that

He has also explained what he wants from me which i will do.
if I remember correctly monkster made lapper available under the GPL2 (please correct me if incorrect). However the recent versions of lapper do not carry this licence anywhere in the distributed code. This presents a slight problem, but the fact that there is a LICENSE file in doc/ negates this.

Basically the GPL2 means that any changes must also be made publically available for use, and that previous authors should be credited (although this is not required, it's an ettiquette thing).

This is exactly why I had hesitant to use lapper in the first place when you approached me birder. In short, because you violate this, you're liable. Sorry guys

I will state that I am not a lawyer and that I maybe wrong.

I believe that this is a big misunderstanding between Gai and the rest of the community, and I hope that this post helps some of these problems.

Edit: birder's latest post has just appeared, but I'll leave this behind as a marker. I'm somewhat fuzzy on how the copyright and the application of the GPL applies in light of Gai's dispensation, unfortunately. Unless monkster passed on full copyright to the code to Gai, I don't truely know if he can actually give this dispensation, assuming he's let them do this without releasing the code. If they are then my comments are redundant...
I never say "i don't want you dev an application with sources of Lapper" and you're rigth the_angry_angel when you say Lapper is under GNU licence and all of my other applications.

I say
Quote :EK, you and everybody can use sources of Lapper and from all my programs. You can continue your dev but please don't say "it's my source" and "I dev all myself". Lapper was not written by Gai-Luron, but by Monkster and Gai-Luron. I say it on the first post.

In LFSRelax and LFSStat, I write the name of persons who dev the initial programs, Even I rewrite completly all these programs. Have RESPECT!!

But EK can't say he had dev all programm as he say to me and on his web site. that's hurt me!! I wait the release of sources now!
Post removed by Birder:
Removed by Birder:
:up: I'm glad it's all sorted, that's all I can say I'm sorry if I stuck my size 12s in, but I thought it might help out a bit :o
Posr removed by Birder:
removed
Quote : To be fair this who thing has been blown out of proportion and if Gai-luron had PMed me it would have never happened.

I join you on server before writing all my replys. But EK don't want say he use Lapper sources on CD server. It's for this i do all my posts.

EK you can dev what you want with Lapper sources
Birder good continuation on CD server

this misunderstand is close for me

Bye, i go to sleep

Gai-Luron
Post removed by birder:
removed
lfslapper 5.15 FBM addon
hi,
i recompilled lfslapper 5.15 simply with added BMW FB02 car definition, working with patch X30.
i hope useful since new version comes.

attached .exe and modded sources.

regards

UPDATE: SO6 track info added, enjoy your lapping!
LFSLapper.rar
Attached files
LFSLapper.rar - 46 KB - 193 views
Hello,

Yes, but don't forget new track : SO6 et don't forget to change the utility convwr because of new car and track. There is also 2 new insim packets. I release modified source when patch Y is available because the bestsplit file can't be create for now.

But for waiting your solution is good

Thank's

Gai-Luron
This thread is closed

LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG