The online racing simulator
Did not receive guest info--lost connection to host
I spent pretty much all last night playing LFS without a hitch. Tried to play just now and I get this error on every server I try to connect to.

What gives?
I'm getting this too. Only on nearly-full servers though it seems.

I'm trying to connect to Gentlefoots Formula Racing right now but failing.

It was happening on another nearly-full server last night as well, but I could connect to other servers just fine.
Ok, after some further examination it looks more like 40-50% of servers I try have this problem.
Quote from Lateralus :I'm trying to connect to Gentlefoots Formula Racing right now but failing.

Yeah, I was trying that one as well.
Also getting it on the [DSR] server, which is nowhere near full, and NOT on the ConeDodgers servers, which are.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Also getting it on the [DSR] server, which is nowhere near full, and NOT on the ConeDodgers servers, which are.

Yup exact same for me too. I guess it isn't to do with being nearly full.

Strange error.
I'm getting it on every server.

I had to postpone a league event because of this...

What's going on?
Damn this error. It's preventing me from racing a 32-car grid of FO8s and FOXs, and I only have another hour to drive.
Iv been getting this also =[ i havent tried for an hour or so,il try now.

EDIT= seems t be ok now, is over here anyway. I wonder what was up/going on
same is happening too me, yestorday was just fine, today.....
Went away for a few hours, still getting the error. Going to try reinstalling X and see if that helps.
I normally get this when my internet is slow

Matt
Well i been ruining emule all afternoon, expect when im runing LFS, and i was getting 108kb/s down 32 kb/s up, thats the limit for my connection 1mb/300 up.
I tried a re-install but still not working ona few servers, was a lot worst earlier on

my pings were also normal (well from someone trying to connect from brazil to euro servers )
Me too...i have this problem too.

~Q~
Does anyone have any ideia how to try to solve this? Im still getting this in a few servers
Quote from _rod_ : Im still getting this in a few servers

So am I. Still.

I'd rather go back to W than deal with half the servers being inaccessible.

Fix soon?
I very much doubt this is an issue with X, as many people are using it with no issue.

It's more likely a coincidence and related to your ISP(s) - you might want to chat to them about your troubles.
It's just strange that it happened just after installing X, and that several users seem to be having the same issue with the same servers.
I still can't access Gentlefoot's server, for instance, while I can hit plenty of others just fine.
Yes! It's good to hear (I guess) that other people are having this problem. I also can't connect to Gentlefoot's server, the Redline Racing server, and I'm sure a bunch of others. It doesn't seem to matter if the server is full or empty. I've reset my router, checked for packet loss to various websites using Ping Plotter, and restarted LFS over and over, but nothing seems to work.

This also has only happened since I've upgraded to patch X. It's also pretty weird that everyone in this thread who has the problem seems to be in the Southeast US
my dad had this problem last night (and he is in the same area as deadwolfbones), but i haven't been affected by it. i'm about 15miles away.
Quote from phatdragonx :This also has only happened since I've upgraded to patch X. It's also pretty weird that everyone in this thread who has the problem seems to be in the Southeast US

Yeah, I'd noticed that too. Hmm...

What ISP do you use?

Comcast here.
I've got Bright House
Well im also getting this and im from brazil... Just tried again same thing.
guys thats what happens when your connection isnt working 100%, i get that sometimes if my mates are downloading stuff from torrents or whatever, it can happen even if your not using your line but then its the ISP problem, my guess is that you wont be able to connect to most of european servers because the line between the US and europe is always saturated, if it happens in a US server also then you better have a talk with your isp or make sure no one else is using your line in case of wireless routers.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG