The online racing simulator
Quote from Barroso :guys thats what happens when your connection isnt working 100%

I don't know about that. My connection works fine in other multiplayer games like Battlefield 2 and Counterstrike. No, I can't join the LOTA (US) servers, but I can join the CHOPS HQ server which is in Canada I think. There doesn't appear to be any kind of pattern to me.

I'm going to try and reinstall LFS completely now.
I had this same issue a bit of a while ago (around March). The only thing I did to fix was switch from my dialup to embarq DSL, so...

My problem back then was getting the error when connecting only to UK servers. I was on US servers just fine. The majority are UK, Conedodgers, Redline, The CLC, Gentlefoot, and many others that I couldn't connect to.

Not much help, but that's my story. Check to see if it's only UK servers getting this lost connection.

EDIT: I see the post above me states he can't join LOTA, so disregard my UK server flappin I guess...
Alright, I just downloaded LFS at a nice steady 800kb/s. I installed it, restarted my computer, unplugged my connection and let it reset itself, then tried to join some servers.

I can't join any of the Redline servers, empty or with people.
I can't join Gentlefoot's server
I can't join the LOTA servers
I can join the Fusion Fox server
I can join the Cone Dodgers servers
I can join the City driving server which is in the UK I think
I can join the UKCT server
I can join the 500 test server
I can join the Bara server which is in Germany
I'm getting the same thing tonight trying to connect to Redline (118ms ping and no history of problems) GFC (108 ping) and LOTA (64ms with no recent history of problems and no initial connection problems ever).

I connected to a blacksheep server last night that isn't up today, but that's the only other one I tried.

I've had ISP issues before and I have a hard time believing that this is that kind of problem. I don't think the fact that we're all on X now is unrelated.
as i said this is about connectivity, a simple traceroute to the ip of the server should expose the problems, in windows its: tracert <ip of server>
you can have perfect connectivity to some ip's and crappy to others, thats up to your isp, a traceroute usually helps because then you can show the isp folks where your problem is.
Quick question on that? How the heck do you find out what the ip address is of racing servers? I can trace or ping the master server because it's been listed in threads here. But individual servers?
If it were a ISP problem, i think i wouldnt be able to connect to many more servers no? MY connection is just fine, just tested it a few times. Its odd that a few day ago i could connect just fine, in 2 years of LFS never ever had this problem...
Yes, likewise.
Quote from mrodgers :Quick question on that? How the heck do you find out what the ip address is of racing servers? I can trace or ping the master server because it's been listed in threads here. But individual servers?

I would also like to know how to do this, I searched really quickly but didn't see anything. I've been tracing and pinging every website I go to, with zero packet loss or whatever people think is the cause of lost connections.

Also, I found this. He appears to be having the same problem

http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 5755&highlight=server
JUst pinged and traced some websites and didnt have any loss in packets nor my pings were above normal
could you guys that are having a problem with the "guest info error" try connecting to Spirit-®. that's my server (500Server hosted), and I can connect to it no problem, by my dad can't.
Quote from glyphon :could you guys that are having a problem with the "guest info error" try connecting to Spirit-®. that's my server (500Server hosted), and I can connect to it no problem, by my dad can't.

I tried to join it just now (11:20 pm) and it gives me the guest info error.

Is it strange that I can join the 500servers test server, but not your server, which is hosted by 500?
Same problem here...I like how none of the admins have responded to this topic yet...
Quote from phatdragonx :I tried to join it just now (11:20 pm) and it gives me the guest info error.

Is it strange that I can join the 500servers test server, but not your server, which is hosted by 500?

yeah, i'm hosted by 500servers. that's really bizarre.
I also can't connect to the Spirit-R server.

glyphon, what's the server's IP? we can do a tracert/ping test that way.
Generalizations gleaned from this thread:

1. All affected users are in the Western Hemisphere, most in the (Southeastern?) USA.

2. Most of the affected servers seem to be 500 Servers, but not all 500 Servers are affected.

3. The same servers are unreachable for all users with this problem.
#43 - SamH
Hmmm... are the servers you're trying all patch X or W43+?

I wonder if this is a cfg.txt file problem. Our UKCT server was started up on patch X but using an old cfg file, and it appears to connect okay (I think?). That's a real shot in the dark though.
All are X.

Here's a tracert/ping test to the server IP above:

note: I can connect to the LOTA servers, however.

can't connect to any of the others listed as problem servers, though.
Quote from SamH : wonder if this is a cfg.txt file problem. Our UKCT server was started up on patch X but using an old cfg file, and it appears to connect okay (I think?). That's a real shot in the dark though.

i just downloaded the dedicated host file of the main page, and compared the setup.cfg and cfg.txt to those on my server, and they match up. so that's not it.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :note: I can connect to the LOTA servers, however.

can't connect to any of the others listed as problem servers, though.

Haha, are you serious? This is messed up. I can't connect to the LOTA servers, but can connect to the Core Racing servers.

Here's my ping/trace:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4892/tracemj1.jpg

The only weird thing I noticed is that 199ms spike during the trace. I've done the trace five more times though and it hasn't appeared again
I can connect to the CoRe server too (LOTA #1 is actually a CoRe server, so it's kinda weird that you can't).

_rod_ was saying in Gentlefoot's thread in General Discussion that he can connect to the GFC server now (couldn't before). I still can't.
it would appear that the affected servers are hosted on the same box...
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
_rod_ was saying in Gentlefoot's thread in General Discussion that he can connect to the GFC server now (couldn't before). I still can't.

I can connect to GFC now. and the Spirit-® server. and Redline Racing. And LOTA. Maybe the problem has magically fixed itself.

Did not receive guest info--lost connection to host
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG