The online racing simulator
PC not recognising Wheel!! :(:(:(
Hi, Recently i have had this problem where my computer doesnt recignise my wheel. It sometimes recognises it partly but can get any of the axes moving. It is really annoying because i cant enjoy LFS Would it be USB ports or the wheel ?

Thanks
Quote from niall09 :Hi, Recently i have had this problem where my computer doesnt recignise my wheel. It sometimes recognises it partly but can get any of the axes moving. It is really annoying because i cant enjoy LFS Would it be USB ports or the wheel ?

Thanks

Did you try using different USB ports ?
Which wheel and which operating system?
yes, i have used all usb ports, but none work I have a Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP.

I dont know what operating system i have or what an operating system is :o
#5 - garph
Quote from niall09 :yes, i have used all usb ports, but none work I have a Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP.

I dont know what operating system i have or what an operating system is :o

I hope that was a joke! If not, the operating system is the thing that makes your computer work, the thing that you see when you're sat in front of the PC, Windows XP is an operating system for example. This is very basic stuff that you really should know, it will help you a lot to learn this kind of stuff and it's not difficult.

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/operating-system.htm

On your other problem. Do you have any other USB devices, printer, camera, mouse, KB, etc, etc. USB can also supply the power for the device, so if you have loads of them it can cause a problem.
#6 - ZORER
Did you install its drivers?
ok, i have windows XP, i have installed the wingman drivers. I have used all the usb ports there is, i have no usb ports on my KB or monitr ar anywhere alse, just on my computer. I have tried all usb ports there is.

E: I have a old enough pc
#8 - Dru
sounds really weird...

i had a problem with a dfp that basically was down too a dodgy USB connection.....

what happens in XP if you plug in the wheel whilst the computer is on - does it recognise it

also does game controllers pick up anything???
Quote from niall09 :ok, i have windows XP, i have installed the wingman drivers. I have used all the usb ports there is, i have no usb ports on my KB or monitr ar anywhere alse, just on my computer. I have tried all usb ports there is.

E: I have a old enough pc

Have you plugged other deviced into the USB ports on your computer to rule you the USB ports being an issue?
yes, it recognises it to a certain extent but in game controllers when you go to calibrate it, you turn the wheel but the computer doesnt recognise the turn so it is just centred on the computer when turned at home I would nearly say that it is my USB connections because sometimes it doesnt recognise any USB inputs. I am getting a new PC soon and a G25 so it wont be for too much longer, i hope
I have found out that it is the computer because when i plug the wheel into the ps2 it works grand with Toca2 and GT4

Im getting a new computer in a while so its ok
-
(DaveWS) DELETED by DaveWS

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG