The online racing simulator
Patch X on Friday - last few days to test!
(78 posts, closed, started )
Hello Racers.

I just wanted to bring your attention to the latest Test Patch W34.
Patch X should be released on Friday and has lot of changes, including :

- The number of cars that can join a race has been increased to 32
- False starts are now possible (LFS does not hold you at the start line)
- The addition of preload to clutch pack differentials, improving handling
- Skin improvements including high resolution premium skin download service
- Global class balancing system (currently applied to GTR and TBO classes)
- A new version of InSim including many improvements and a button interface

If you'd like to test these things, you may wish to try out Test Patch W34.
It would be good if you could use W34 a bit, just in case you find any problems.
It's the best LFS so far anyway so I guess you'll like it!

EDIT - changed to W36 : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25134
Yay! first time I believe you have ever confirmed a release date Scawen. Good to hear patch X will be released on Friday, to bad I'll be in Valdosta for orientation, owell.

Now that I just made this avatar I need to switch it to Y...
I fear LFS S2 is coming to an end sooner then I expected, I'm still waiting for that big final update that will finish her off... But it just ain't here yet..

So many expectations and so little letters left in the alphabet.
Quote from Rooble :I fear LFS S2 is coming to an end sooner then I expected, I'm still waiting for that big final update that will finish her off... But it just ain't here yet..

The devs have said we wont be starved for new content before S2 goes final. Don't worry it'l come.

Kudos for all the test patch work. A community devided for 5 more days!...
Yaaayyy, Cool some new "bits" to play with!
Quote :first time I believe you have ever confirmed a release date Scawen

One can only hope that LFS continues to be different from other software houses and actually delivers on it's release date...
+1 rims for alll of cars
I keep getting amazed by this game and the work done by the developers. Truly amazing work everyone!
Great to see patch X go 'live'
I have no doubts that the date will be met.

Wish I could say the same thing for the Test Drive Unlimited patch, which has been delayed.. but that's another thread.
Quote from Rooble :I fear LFS S2 is coming to an end sooner then I expected..........

I Presume that after Z we will get LFS S2 Beta A (taking into account that currently we are at "alpha W".)
Quote from Rooble :I fear LFS S2 is coming to an end sooner then I expected, I'm still waiting for that big final update that will finish her off... But it just ain't here yet..

Well, now it's 0.5W, we don't have much letters, but still, there is still quite store in numbers So before the S2 final comes out, there can be 0.6A-Z, 0.7... etc.
Heh, I bet more people noticed that since Test patches were released, the big surprise of a whole new patch is lost.
I should not download Test patches anymore to prevent that, but yeah, I can't resist the temptation to test out new features and like to give bug feedback if necessary.
Quote from Scawen :
- Global class balancing system (currently applied to GTR and TBO classes)

so in patch X, we are going to have only heavier cars (FXO, XRT, XRR and FZR)? no tweaking on the size of the tires, or engine tunes?
and will this only be applyied in multiplayer like now with the test patch or in single player too ?
Thanks Scawen, you are doing a great job :bowdown: I will test it
Can't wait. I know it's been tested but it will be better when eveyone is moved over and racing

Quote from mantvisrep :+1 rims for alll of cars

-1 for you.
Quote from Flotch :so in patch X, we are going to have only heavier cars (FXO, XRT, XRR and FZR)? no tweaking on the size of the tires, or engine tunes?
and will this only be applyied in multiplayer like now with the test patch or in single player too ?

My guess is that the handicap system will be multiplayer only, because otherwise most hotlaps (GTR and TBO class) would become impossible to reach
Unless the devs decide to reset that wr's we'll have to wait for other changes for the next bigger patch (Y) which will hopefully also contain the south city and some car updates and do the whole reset at once
i for one cant wait i know that the game can only be improved , but i dunno wait n see * begins twitching with excitement *
AS previous patches were released - pre S1 - there was lots more content in the full S1 release than was even known about in the final S1.

The content of the test patches (I hope) will be less than the final S2...

AI is being worked on after patch X - we have the revitalised SO to look forward too - New car interiors for certain cars - and I'm hoping so much more.

If we all download and use the test patches and feed back constructivly, then S2 final will be closer each day.

Great work Devs - look forward to the finished results
hmm should the weight handicaps be in multiplayer only then this will bring trouble for league organisers who divide drivers into divisons (servers) according to hotlap times... dunno how else should they fairly divide say 80 people driving in the same league on different servers...
take a GTR league, according to the hotlaps div1 will be mostly FZR, but according to online times, the div1 should have all cars...
i just hope the handicaps will be in singleplayer too...
#21 - Sage
Never tried a test patch, only used the Offical W, but I made a test folder for W34. Looking forward to patch X!
Thank you, thank you, and thank you. I've only been around LFS for a little less than a year, but I'm very impressed with its progress and how interactive the developer/player relationship has been.
looking forward to balanced TBOs and GTRs !

If they would be balanced at least as XFG and XRG, it would be perfect
lots and lots to do by friday then... ARRGGhH!!! .

hopefully its nice and early in the day as im out in the evening.

Glad that its currently on target. Went on W34 for a short time earlier. online wise seemed nice and stable to me.
Quote from Scawen :- False starts are now possible (LFS does not hold you at the start line)

LfS is still holding you at the pitstops... Will that be changed too (in the not too distant future, I'm assuming it would be too late for X though)?
This thread is closed

(78 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG