The online racing simulator
S2 demo?
(27 posts, started )
S2 demo?
I was thinking that if LFS included a 60 min or like a 1 week demo of full S2 maybe more demo racers would buy S2.

That or when S3 is finally available maybe make S1 the standard for demo?

I know a lot of you wont like this idea but i know all us demo racers would love it

Ether way it has no affect on when I get S2, I'm waiting to get another $20 so I can buy it.
#2 - garph
Quote from Jacob_B :I was thinking that if LFS included a 60 min or like a 1 week demo of full S2 maybe more demo racers would buy S2.

I know a lot of you wont like this idea but i know all us demo racers would love it

Ether way it has no affect on when I get S2, I'm waiting to get another $20 so I can buy it.

Nah.
Quote from garph :Nah.

not interested?

I also figure all the S2 users don't want a bunch of demo users flooding the S2 servers so maybe no multi player or have it restricted to demo server?
#4 - garph
It's been suggested before and ofcourse demo users would like it, you get more for free. They wouldn't be allowed on S2 servers cause of the wrecker problem, they'd just mess up races for people who have paid without being able to ban them.

The LFS demo gives more than most, I'm pretty sure that's not going to change.
Quote from garph :It's been suggested before and ofcourse demo users would like it, you get more for free. They wouldn't be allowed on S2 servers cause of the wrecker problem, they'd just mess up races for people who have paid without being able to ban them.

The LFS demo gives more than most, I'm pretty sure that's not going to change.

That makes sense. but it would still be nice lol
#6 - Renku
Quote from Jacob_B :I was thinking that if LFS included a 60 min or like a 1 week demo of full S2 maybe more demo racers would buy S2.

NO! While typing this, there are 153 licensed and 206 demo users online. Demo already provides too much content for non-payers.

Quote from Jacob_B :

NO!

Quote from Jacob_B :

So does everyone else, who just want things for free.
I have been demo for about 5-6 months..and I was always wanting more and more..but as I look at it more..demo'ers get more than they really should. Compared to like rFactor you only get 1 car and 1 track, LFS gives you 2 tracks forward and reverse and a carpark, to me thats a little too much but since I was demo i know where your comming from. But I don't really have any room to talk, I used to be like you at one point in time, you could prolly find a couple posts that i made asking for free trials or borrowing someones license for a couple hours.
and good for you scoobyrac because you got your licence free!
Well, yeah so? You could to sometime if you paid attention to the contests they have! You could be just like me and not have to pay the 50 some dollars to get it free from someone who is kind enough to give demo'ers chance's!
lol, just have fun with what you currently have. when you are ready to try out new cars, tracks and features, then buy S2 patch X is gonna be great.
Dev's were nice enough to give the good cars in demo and still ppl want more i mean come one get a job buy a license

can't say no more
#12 - wark
More like 60 minutes for the regular demo content--then more people would buy S2.
If it was my game I would give 10 min per car (offline) with XRT,RB4, FZR, UFR, LX6,XFR and FO8. I would give fern bay black unlimited for offline games and keep blackwood for online and offlline games. I would allow unlimited online game with just the XFI. Giving unlimited game with the XRT is really too kind. Only one registration per email adress!
I'm a demo racer and here is what I think of the idea:

No.

We already get plenty
Imo, I think we should actualy CUT BACK, on the demo. Offer ONLY the XFG and XRG/ BW Forward (on time of day only as well). And have The demo only work for 30days.

EDIT: Also, no training missions above the XRG. Only one with the XRT, where you drive it around in the lot. Limit skins as well maybe?
Quote from Mako. :Imo, I think we should actualy CUT BACK, on the demo. Offer ONLY the XFG and XRG/ BW Forward (on time of day only as well). And have The demo only work for 30days.

EDIT: Also, no training missions above the XRG. Only one with the XRT, where you drive it around in the lot. Limit skins as well maybe?

For the first time mako u actually made sense and i respect that
I would actually like to see the demo go on a diet, get rid of the XRT maybe? Or perhaps ditch the reverse tracks? Maybe keep content and throw a 60minute trial on it? Who's with me?
~Bryan~
#18 - col
Quote from Mako. :Imo, I think we should actualy CUT BACK, on the demo. Offer ONLY the XFG and XRG/ BW Forward (on time of day only as well). And have The demo only work for 30days.

Have to agree - a cut back is what I would do !

I would probably go with 2 cars (XRT and XFG), only BL1 and BLrally, no reverse configs. Limit players to two 'user' setups per combo. I would also limit laps so maybe races can be either 2 laps or 20 laps but nothing else. No hotlap mode in demo, no qualifying, no AI (especially right now as they don't exactly help the image of LFS ), no pitstops.
just bare essentials for racing with a FWD and a RWD car - enough to know if LFS is for you.
I wouldn't limit the demo to 30 days though - thats just like inviting crackers to attack LFS...

Oh, and I would consider plastering all the billboards at blackwood with adverts for S2 !
maybe some grafitti as well
if the devs felt the community wasn't growing quickly enough, or if they felt bothered by people playing the demo for ages and not buying s2, wouldn't they have done something by now?
Quote from Gabkicks :if the devs felt the community wasn't growing quickly enough, or if they felt bothered by people playing the demo for ages and not buying s2, wouldn't they have done something by now?

There's a nice number on the LFS webpage showing how many player are currently online! Put a time limit or a useless contents and this number will be split in 2! This number give an information about the size of the online community and dividing it by 2 may be harmful for LFS's image! Just an idea
Absolutely not!!! Save up ur $20, and you'll say no too lol...

Ven
I still have to debate between S2 or saving a bit more and buying a faster GPU, my Geforce 6600GT isint good enough anymore, im thinking a Geforce 7950 would be a great match with my liquid cooled AMD 64 4000+ @ 5600+
Really bad ideas here. Both the idea to give more content and the one to give limited time to current demo. Let the demo be as is, it's excellent. The only normal idea is to include a downforce car.
#24 - col
Quote from Jacob_B :I still have to debate between S2 or saving a bit more and buying a faster GPU, my Geforce 6600GT isint good enough anymore, im thinking a Geforce 7950 would be a great match with my liquid cooled AMD 64 4000+ @ 5600+

maybe you need to rethink your priorities ?

here are some things to think about :

#1 do you really like LFS ?

#2 do you think LFS is not that good and there are many better racing games ?

#3 do you want LFS to grow and its development continue ?

#4 do you not care if LFS fades away ?

#5 do you want LFS to succeed and for other game developers to use the same approach and creat ground-braking software ?

#6 do you want LFS to not be a huge success and for other developers to continue making the same old crap they keep pumping out ?

If you said yes to the odd numbered questions, then you would be cheating yourself by not buying a licence and supporting LFS.

If you answered yes to the even numbered questions then what are you doing here ?

fwiw, your existing system is MUCH more powerful than mine - but if I had to choose between demo on your proposed new system or S2 on my ancient 'puter, I'd pick S2 on mine every time !

Col
#25 - Jakg
Quote from Jacob_B :I still have to debate between S2 or saving a bit more and buying a faster GPU, my Geforce 6600GT isint good enough anymore, im thinking a Geforce 7950 would be a great match with my liquid cooled AMD 64 4000+ @ 5600+

yes, because £24 will get you a 7950GT.

Buy a VF-900, a conductive ink pen and a 7900GT(/GTO), diy the volt mod and you've got something far better than the 7950GT.

Of course, do this AFTER getting S2

S2 demo?
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG