The online racing simulator
Need help fixing flubbed update install..
Alrightey.. well I was here a little bit back saying I'd accidentially downloaded the latest server update and installed it into my non-server game folder. This caused some rather major problems. I currently have my original game install running fine, except it's missing some sound effects. (such as tire noises etc) I also just downloaded the newest version of the game and installed it in a different location. What I need to know is what folders to paste into the new game install so that I lose NO in-game settings or textures? I thought I'd just be able to copy/paste sound files etc. over to the old game install but I see the format of the files in the "Sound" folder has changed.. Thanks in advance for any help! I apologize for not having the time to properly search this out myself, but I'm lucky to get any play-time in at all these days..
Ill have a shot..

1) First make a backup of your screwed up version incase you loose more stuff.

Now..
You only really need to worry about loosing your custom textures.
data/dds and data/pics folders. The rest should stay intact.

2) So Back up those two folders : /dds and /pic
/dds - contains track textures, reflections, car interiors,
/pics - contains sky textures mainly and a few menu backgrounds

3) Then..extract the latest full version you just downloaded (patch W I believe), OVER the top of your screwed up version. You shouldn't loose Skins, Car set-ups, Car Colours, Custom Views, Graphics settings and other options such as controller settings. Because none of those files are included in the download. They dont exist in a new install of LFS.

4) At this stage LFS will be FIXED and you will have all your skins, setups and graphics/controller options still intact, except you have now lost all your custom textures and interiors and any skies you downloaded. So grab those files backed-up in step 2 and copy them OVER the top of the two respective folders of your FIXED version.

You should be ok to go, you might need to unlock the s2 licene but we all had to do that at V release. You get an extra unlock every Friday now. You wont have custom sounds from U version (.raw sounds) Same happened to everyone else. But you may not have downloaded custom sounds in the past anyway. If you did. you will have to find new sound mods compatible with the latest version. Same as everyone else did. But default sounds are quite decent now.

BTW:
Keep the original Screwed up version for a little while incase you find something else that has been overwritten or lost. You can zip it up in windows and save a few megabytes if your limited. Or even burn it to a CD.
Quote from JasonJ :Ill have a shot...

Thanks for the write-up & explanations! Working on it now, while doing a million other things at the same time of course.
Got'r done and looks like everything went as described/expected! For whatever reason it didn't save my guage options, as far as visual's, but that's the only thing I'm seeing not as it was before. Thanks again! (was really expecting to get alot of flamer-type replies lol)
Quote from Tinytacohead :(was really expecting to get alot of flamer-type replies lol)

lol we all make mistakes once in a while, so no worries
It seems to have lost a few other VERY minute settings I had from other game, but nothing important at all. Now to post about my axis prob, lol..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG