The online racing simulator
Do you play a musical instrument?
(20 posts, started )
Do you play a musical instrument? If so which one(s).
When did you start playing? Are you in a band?

I'll start us off. I play the Clarinet and I've been playing it sense September. I'm in my high school's junior band.
My parents used to make me go to piano lessons, but after about 8 years of that I couldn't take it anymore and finally my parents brought it off my shoulders, I absolutely abhorred it, it made music seem like a chore, and no one wants that.

What I have always wanted to learn how to play though are the drums.
I played a guitar for about a week after my sister got one, but could never really get into it all that much (mainly due to time restrictions).
My other sister on the other hand played the clarinet for a long time, but she stopped I believe at the end of middle school.
I've been playing bass guitar for nearly 20 years now (eek!), trombone for about seven or eight years but not that seriously, I used to be quite handy on drumset but haven't played for a while, I can use a keyboard well enough to track stuff in the studio but can't really play two-handed very well. Think that's about it.
Cool stuff. I have been playing guitar for 15 years, but not regularly for all that time. I am probably not a lot better now than I was 10 years ago to be honest! I have recently really started to enjoy playing bass guitar, so once I get my amp all set up I will be doing that a bit more. My brother plays drums so we sometimes get a friend over and jam.
I've played the piano for 10 years now and still am going. I hate it but my parents make me do it. Also play the alto saxaphone for 4 years. I don't hate it or love it.
I play bass. not that experienced (2 halfyears)

some mates from work play.......ray on drums- very experinced, was in a band in the 70's called jerusalem.

jerry on rhythm guitar and james on lead is joining us soon.

we will be on the lookout for a vocalist, and we play classic rock/punk/whateverwewannaplay with some new stuff thrown in, greenday,whitestripes.

we are called solstice.
#8 - X-Ter
I play guitar and used to do it for a living when I was in my twenties something. Also fair with a bass and drums.
Bunch o' rockstars :up:

I started singing when I was 15 (16 years ago) and I've been in a bunch of bands, three of them original (link to my current band's myspace page is in my sig - the middle one). I've taught myself guitar over the years (as well as received help from my guitarist friends) and finally bought one a coupla years ago, but I'm nowhere near playing it live yet. I muck about with electronic music too (again, link in sig - on the left).

I grew up in a musical household, with mum being into musical theatre and a great pianist and dad playing trombone, piano accordion, harmonica and having a big bunch of blues, jazz and classical records. Most probably because of that, music's my first love and always will be. As long as it's well played and interesting I'll dig it, whether it's jazz, death metal, orchestral, prog rock, eastern, western, electrowhatever (except country, I can't freakin' stand country music) :headbang:
According to various official sources, I have been on the fiddle for years
I heard you're a dab hand at the one-stringed bass
I've been playing guitar and writing songs for about 10 years, and pushing myself as a singer for about 8 or 9. Played the drums for a couple of years before that, and messed around with keyboards and pianos for a few years before that. I also try to play the harmonica when I can, although I'm not quite as good at that.

The only songs i can link to are the short samples of my old band at my Myspace page. I was never particularly happy with the style though.
I sing in the car and in the shower. I have a guitar (cheapo acoustic), but can't do anything over a simple riff or 2. Hard to play a cheap guitar with a half inch action on it.
I play keyboard (Roland RS-70 for the ones who are interested)
I started 7 years ago (probably more though)
and I play in a band.
i've been playing guitar for a few years (can't remember how many) and i've recently started learning drums.

me and a few mates meet up whenever we can and jam. playing music really seems to relax me not sure why
I was learning guitar when I was 6/7 but gave it up after a while. Now I regret that but im trying to teach myself at home when I get a spare afternoon or something.

As a regular instrument, does my mates Guitar Hero controller count?
RoCkBiGdAvE, that is where I'm at. In 3rd grade (a bit older than 6/7, but...) my parents bought me a guitar and I took lessons. I didn't last very long. I'd rather be outside playing baseball or basketball in the backyard, so I quit. Then I got older and I though, boy it would have been nice to have continued, I'd be pretty good by now. Now I'm quite old (by majority standards here probably, anyways) and I mess around with various sites on the net. I just can't do any of it.
I have:

An electric organ,
electric guitar,
accordian,
two didgeridoos,
two recorders,
and a jaw harp.

A friend of mine just dropped off his drum set at my new house the other day as well.

Out of all of those, all I can really play well is the jaw harp!

I mainly play the vocals the best, though!
#19 - Rish
I dont play anything at all anymore, but i used to play the recorder violin and sing in the choir when i was about 8), more recently played the drums and gave that up because 1. i couldnt afford a kit and 2. i have neighbours!
Me? I play, in no order:

Guitar

Violin

Bodhran

Tin Whistle

Drums

And sing

DK

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG