The online racing simulator
paddles or knob?
(13 posts, started )

Poll : Which?

Paddles
Depends...
Knob
paddles or knob?
I was wondering, for those of you that own a wheel with both paddle shifters, and a sequential knob shifter, which do you use?

I picked up a Momo today, and still can't figure out which I like better.
whichever is more realistic for the car i'm driving. i'd use a gated shifter +clutch with the xrt if i had one.
Never liked sequential knob shifting. Paddles on the other hand (bleh) is like mind control.

I used to use push for horn and pull as e-brake - worked far better me thinks
Depends completely what car i am in. Road cars are H shifter, sometime sequential if im lazy, all the gtr's sequential stick and single seaters on paddles.
#5 - Jakg
Quote from r4ptor :Never liked sequential knob shifting. Paddles on the other hand (bleh) is like mind control.

I used to use push for horn and pull as e-brake - worked far better me thinks

i did the same - much easier with paddles as your hands never have to leave the wheel.

I used push up as flash, and a button on the wheel as horn (thus i dont need to take a hand off to use it!)
if it depends on every tenth i use the paddles, if it´s just tarding around i often use the knob.
hehe
I must be immature.

Anyway, me wheel was a cheap PC only one I found in Game so mine doesn't have a knob shifter so I use paddles.
I have an h-shifter in the works from an old gamepad. I just need to get off my lazy rear and finish it. Other than that, I've been using the seq. shifter for everything. Thus, I don't run SS cars very often. I never drive the BF1, the FOX I don't like, and I haven't looked into scripting to make the F08 use the paddles yet. It's too much trouble to switch it all manually, so I don't run F08 often either. Actually, it's quite dangerous for me to use the paddles because for 2 years, they've been my look left/right switches and I use them often, usually 2-4 quickly repeated looks while running down the straights. You could imagine what would happen at 160 mph when I give the left look a few quick hits being use to that just after I switch to paddle shifting for the F08. Yeah, 3 rapid downshifts at 160+ mph wouldn't be good....
Stick and clutch pedal in the tin-tops, paddles and auto-clutch in the single-seaters. I've tried using the stick and clutch pedal in the MRT and FOX but they bang down the gears too fast and it's a pain in the arse to heel/toe brake.
I have a clutch pedal and H-shifter but I almost never use either.
I prefer road cars and H shifter
i've been using the paddles to shift, and buttons to look until now, but just switched to knob shifting and paddle look, and i'm not sure how i like it so far.

on the one hand, looking side to side is a lot easier, but having to take my hand off the wheel to downshift has revealed that my driving style includes lots of downshifting while turning, and trying to get all my downshifts done and my hand back on the wheel before turning in is causing me some trouble.
hmmmm knob
i love using my knob
and clutch pedal
:drewl:

paddles or knob?
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG