The online racing simulator
Make a video.... WIN my DFP!!!
(55 posts, started )

Ok I need to shift my DFP and rather than sell it, I thought I'd come up with a more fun way of shifting it... and benefit the LFS community at the same time.

So here's a competition, open for those that like making movies but at the same time DO NOT own a steering wheel for LFS.

I'll be recruiting a judge to help me out (PM me if you want to be a judge, I think 3 is plenty)

The theme for the video is: "The Black Parade"

I know it's the name of a MCR Song, but that doesn't mean you have to use the track for your video.... it's totally up to you.

Ideally the video should be 5 minutes max and 3 minutes minimum.. keep them punchy

Please host the movies yourself, not youtube if possible, something like gigasize.com or megaupload.com are easy to use.

Once your movie is up and hosted, email the LINK to [email protected] and i'll pass the link on to the other judges, and we'll narrow down to the final 3 and announce the winner shortly after (once we've finished arguing)

Please have all entries in by July 1st 2007, I know that's quite a long time but creativity can't be rushed!

Ok good luck and don't forget to contact me if you think you'd make a fair judge.
#2 - CSU1
Very generous of you mate, Im sure we'll see a lot of good videos

5 mins is abit long i think maybe a max of 5 and min of 3?
just an idea but would it not be better for them to post the links here so we can all see it? then let the community vote in a poll?
also that would save the spam bots picking up your email addres that you have plastered in you post
Quote from CSU1 :Very generous of you mate, Im sure we'll see a lot of good videos

5 mins is abit long i think maybe a max of 5 and min of 3?

ok good call i'll edit it
#5 - CSU1
Quote from nikimere :just an idea but would it not be better for them to post the links here so we can all see it? then let the community vote in a poll?
also that would save the spam bots picking up your email addres that you have plastered in you post

NA three judges of sound mind will filter the mindless sludge of the minority
Quote from nikimere :just an idea but would it not be better for them to post the links here so we can all see it? then let the community vote in a poll?

Hmm ok what I can do is get it down to maybe 6 and let the forum vote on that?
you call 2 months a long time?
(Unless while at school )
Quote from ethan520 :you call 2 months a long time?
(Unless while at school )

Actually it's not even that, it's 1 month, tell you what, i'll extend to 1st of July... It's a little harsh otherwise isn't it.
actually that raises a good point... should this be open to Licensed members only? or Demo guys too? It's only a bit of fun but I know some people will have a say in it :d
#10 - CSU1
Quote from Robster230 :actually that raises a good point... should this be open to Licensed members only? or Demo guys too? It's only a bit of fun but I know some people will have a say in it :d

Open to all forum members demo or otherwise is only fair imo.
Quote from CSU1 :Open to all forum members demo or otherwise is only fair imo.

Cool that's fine with me. Sorted
#12 - CSU1
Based on what nikimere said maybe you should edit the first post and place each vid link in a descending list at the bottom of the first post to give everyone a look see?
Yes that's true, otherwise a lot of videos might only be seen by the judges and that's not really fair.

BUT.... the judges decision is final!
Confusing title, The Black Parade? I'm not sure I know what that could be.

Also I think this limits the creativity to however you want to interpret the title. Maybe there should be no title at all?
Quote from kurent :Confusing title, The Black Parade? I'm not sure I know what that could be.

Also I think this limits the creativity to however you want to interpret the title. Maybe there should be no title at all?

My DFP, my rules I know it's a bit strange, but I had the idea when I banged my head.... you can't argue with things like that!
What about people like me without Vegas or things like that? will we get judged on idea's quality or graphical quality? Also when i use fraps my FPS goes way down and WMM takes the piss for compressing movie's etc etc.
Quote from BenjiMC :What about people like me without Vegas or things like that? will we get judged on idea's quality or graphical quality? Also when i use fraps my FPS goes way down and WMM takes the piss for compressing movie's etc etc.

It'll be content over quality, we know some people don't have Skynet for their home PC so it'll be taken into account.
HOLYROBSTER thats very nice of you....

Robster you serious about giving the DFP?! Omg you people are indeed rich,if my computer wasnt messed up i would make one hell of a cool video, the best i would ever think about making in my life =P since i would be soo inspired i wouldnt be able to sleep anymore till done (DFP! YAY! DFP!) if u consider someones vid better i would make others till you say its better : D

Those are around 370.00 U$D here, see http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-56096627-_JM for example.
Hehehe well fix your pc and go for it god knows how much the postage would cost me haha.

I wouldn't make that much selling it to be honest, but it feels good to give something back to the LFS Community considering the years of quality gaming and banter i've had over the years for £25
I have the 3 judges now, everything is in place so just need people to get their creative juices flowing. I'll probably bump this thread a fair bit, just to warn you
Quote from Slidaaaa :HOLYROBSTER thats very nice of you....

Robster you serious about giving the DFP?! Omg you people are indeed rich,if my computer wasnt messed up i would make one hell of a cool video, the best i would ever think about making in my life =P since i would be soo inspired i wouldnt be able to sleep anymore till done (DFP! YAY! DFP!) if u consider someones vid better i would make others till you say its better : D

Those are around 370.00 U$D here, see http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-56096627-_JM for example.

Hell, 370 USD! You can get a new one at ebay for 48 €~65 USD at ebay germany. Ok, just checked ebay america 85 USD.
But to bring it to Brazil theres several huge taxes, first one is 68% of the declared price, then theres this and that and some more costs, it ends up being 4x the price of anywhere else in the world =P same with computer parts, cars, everything, i cant spend the little money i earned to fix, i dont take risks, but thats enough offtopic.

I hope someone make a movie at the level of the prize, i mean, really damm good, time is running!
I would join, but I drive a wheel, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE
Quote from Robster230 :It'll be content over quality, we know some people don't have Skynet for their home PC so it'll be taken into account.

But remember that some people have very bad graphics cards so they have less chances to win the competition (which one of them is me:Radeon 9550SE)
Dude i used to make videos with my Geforce2 and the quality is not bad at all...but forget about AA and AF... other than that is fine

(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG