The online racing simulator
High Definition Short Video Clip.
(25 posts, started )
hello there. id thaught id just make a short video.

first off id like to say, make sure your pc is good enough to run this.
id personally reccoment 128MB video card minimum.

The video is 29.9fps WMV 55MB 1680x1050

its slightly unsmoothe, hardly noticable at all unless you inspect it like me. i should of rebooted my pc befor i recorded. my pc has been on for 294 hours streight

none of the video is edits. only thing i edited was adding a HD logo to the bottom of my screen

enjoy!

http://rapidshare.com/files/27785490/HD.wmv
I got black screen with VLC player... music was playing though. CPU usage was 95 % so obviously that's too heavy for my computer

Usually no problem playing 720 HD vids...
aw. >.<

this ones pretty much 1080 HD just 30pixels less upwards (1050) and 200more sideways (rather than the 1440x1080 hd)
#4 - Jakg
Ew, RapidShare!
FYI: Rapidshare.com does not have waiting time... just click that "free" and write that stupid confirmation code.
Quote from deggis :I got black screen with VLC player... music was playing though. CPU usage was 95 % so obviously that's too heavy for my computer

Usually no problem playing 720 HD vids...

I have NVIDIA card with 93.71 drivers which include decoders for HD WMV,x.264 etc and playing it in WMP10 I had about 50 percent CPU usuage.MY CPU is just single core A64 3200+.

Try it in WMP10 and it should be fine.I had the same problems with VLC and usuage 95-100 percent when this program usually play HD stuff better then other programs.
#7 - Jakg
VLC ate my cpu and gave me a black screen, WMP used about 70% CPU to play it (and i have the decoder stuff)

Not overly impressed - seems to stutter here? (Doesnt seem to be my HDD's being too slow though)
works fine for me but yet i do have a quad core
i might make it into a 720hd format so more of you can view it lol

btw i get 4% cpu usage on full screen with it
#10 - Jakg
WMP isn't multi-threaded, so that won't help

It just seems a little jerky, i'm not sure why (doesn't seem to be my PC as i don't think it's being maxed out), and i dont think having a monitor smaller than the video helps

i've got some other 720 content, and that runs super smooth with my CPU at 40%

I thought you had an E6600...?
yup iv sold it and got a Q6600 now.

no more need for overclocking cpus any more i have more power than i would ever want now.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ ... mp;catid=6&subcat=793

baught it from there. the cheapest most powerfullest hardware in all of england
iv buy a part from the liturally every week

theyv just got some quad Xeon's up today. might have a tinker with one of those too.
alltho for games a dual core is pleanty tho. not alot of games uses all 4 cpu cores yet.

look at the price of the Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 75 pounds! the cheapest dual core 6 months ago was around 160 pounds ish
#13 - Jakg
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :alltho for games a dual core is pleanty tho. not alot of games uses all 4 cpu cores yet.

erm, if it uses dual cores then its usually (well in 99.999999% of cases) multi-threaded, which means it will use all the cores you chuck at it
true. but yet again not alot of games are multi yet appart from GPU wise.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :I have NVIDIA card with 93.71 drivers which include decoders for HD WMV,x.264 etc and playing it in WMP10 I had about 50 percent CPU usuage.MY CPU is just single core A64 3200+.

Try it in WMP10 and it should be fine.I had the same problems with VLC and usuage 95-100 percent when this program usually play HD stuff better then other programs.

Well I have ancient Athlon XP 1.8 GHz I have survived with these specs nearly 4 years so it's really a time for a major upgrade.

Usually HD vids (720) are too much for BSplayer but they play fine in VLC player (which usess it's own codecs or something, thus being less heavier on CPU).

I don't have WMP installed (at ll) and I'm not gonna install it. Installing that you get so much other useless "crap" that integrates itself to Windows and which is hard to get rid off afterwards... I have installed separate WMV10 codecs of course.
#16 - S0ul
Well i cant watch it but what is the sense in this. Making it HD wont make it look better than LFS ingame,will it. Ive seen quite a few vids that look like LFS ingame so...
Well,then again i might be wrong since i cant see it
Looks great! Footage itself is a bit jittery as you mentioned, but the video plays fine in WMP for me, and a bit less fine in VLC.

Shame such quality comes with an ungodly filesize for the amount of movie :>
heh it was 14gb origionally just for that footage
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :heh it was 14gb origionally just for that footage

Uncompressed and a lot more than 41 seconds I guess

Of course, I was comparing to other forms of quality/compression, not to the original footage.
huh? that made no sence lol.

it was 3 clips, all added up to 41 sec
i liek it it uses 56% but when it starts whe the cars are going by does anyone see the car lagging behind its ghost type car?

and how did you get it to look HD?
i didnt do anything to make it HD. i just recorded my ingame footage.

thats just a normal day of lfs for me
Try The Bink Video Codec.

The Codec is written is Assembler, and that makes it VERY fast. You can play high quality HD content on like a 500MHz CPU. It's insane. Plus it can be played on all of the OS'es, and it can be used on the PS1,2,3 XBOX(360), Wii, DS, GameCube, the list goes on. Really an awesome codec, and it's free for personal use!

AbixFallSplineIK.exe - 19.8 MB (20,771,328 bytes)
Blood.exe - 19.9 MB (20,921,344 bytes)
CannonToon2.exe - 1.24 MB (1,301,504 bytes)
FunInADryer.exe - 47.6 MB (49,952,768 bytes)

Note All Files are 720p, Rendered from 3DS Max 8 converted to Bink from the RAW AVI file.
They were then compiled into the EXE (as .bik files can be embedded with the codec, so that users do not have to download it to view the file) for easy viewing. If you don't trust EXEs, don't download them. (FYI, these files are hosted on a LINUX server).
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :huh? that made no sence lol.

it was 3 clips, all added up to 41 sec

Sounds... strange, you just had 3 separate clips of in-game footage which you put together, and were 14gb uncompressed? How did you record that footage? 14gb is about 15-20 minutes of full-screen, full quality fraps for me.
I think some education is in order.

HD is simply a specification that allows for three main types of resolutions.
720p, or 1280px x 720px at 24 or 30 Frames per second.
1080i, or 1900px x 540px at 30 or 60 frames per second. (Odd frames fill the top, even fill the bottom making it one full 1080line image every two frames).
1080p, or 1900px x 1080px at 24 or 30 Frames per second.

The 1080i explanation is kinda off, but you should get the main jist of it.

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG