Imho, the biggest flaw with LFS tracks is that there aren't enough slow corners. Of course I'd like to have more of some flatout corners, like the aston historic right-hander but tracks like Westhill really are really boring when you are driving a car that is slightly slower than a GTR car. Westhill could be the track you are asking for but it is just ...dull. Only the reversed config has two nice corners, the 2nd last right hander that drops down before the last lefthand corner and the T1 where you need to brake and turn in.

I'd want more of these types of tracks:
Mont-Tremblant vid
Osterreichring vid
Kyalami pre 1990 vid
Riverside vid pt2 pt3

Just some another ones instead of the normal Mosport, Laguna seca etc.
Quote from Hyperactive :Imho, the biggest flaw with LFS tracks is that there aren't enough slow corners.

I'd say that is maybe partly because majority of the tracks were released before the tires came drivable on low speeds. Might actually have been the reason why Aston North was released with the tire update as the track has the tightest hairpin so far which would have been horrid with the old physics.

edit. And blind corners! We don't have much of those.
I said it's retarded because none of the current layouts shoul dbe removed, like youre asking them to do. Slow corners make the racing better
I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll say it here.

On blackwood after turn 1, could we have a version without the chicane, I see that there is/was a straight there but it is blocked off and you can move the barriers.
#30 - dev
Quote from DTrott :I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll say it here.

On blackwood after turn 1, could we have a version without the chicane, I see that there is/was a straight there but it is blocked off and you can move the barriers.

Hm... NO!
Didn't think so.

I don't want a completely new circuit; that would be pointless, but I would like to be able to move things that are already in the map.
KY1 is the track youre looking for - all the curves are way over 200 kph
IMHO - we need a track with more challenging corners, and a lot of them (corners)
A fast track isnt for slow cars, its just for BF1
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :I said it's retarded because none of the current layouts shoul dbe removed, like youre asking them to do. Slow corners make the racing better

I dont wonna remove any layout, i suggest just a new track!
Quote from squidhead :KY1 is the track youre looking for - all the curves are way over 200 kph
IMHO - we need a track with more challenging corners, and a lot of them (corners)

You are completely wrong, in ky1 are all turns over 600 km/h you need just a 2000 HP car with enough down-force. Please read my first posting again for knowing that your wrong. In KY Oval you dont see the high speed! Please drive my red marked part in Fern bay black, with a BF1, or watch just the world record in lfsw, then see you the real speed. Never can you feel this speed in a Oval. I drove yesterday with a FXR in the KY1 and i selected R4 and maximum pressure and hard suspension and removed the downforce completely. So far about the difference between a Oval and a fast curving track.
I really don´t understand why all want the BF1 braking down to 100 km/h in a fast track??? Why is this braking and driving such slow curves such a nice feeling for you all in here?? For example, the under 100 km/h corners with BF1 in AS Grand Prix get me bored!

I am really angry about some reactions in here
Quote from matze54564 :
I really don´t understand why all want the BF1 breaking down to 100 km/h in a fast track??? Why is this braking and driving such slow curves such a nice feeling for you all in here?? For example, the under 100 km/h corners with BF1 in AS Grand Prix get me bored!

Well, I am bored by a track with only corners where you dont even have to lift. The brakes are there for a reason. If you have them, use them.

Its just personal preference, though, no need to be angry about it.
Quote from zeugnimod :Well, I am bored by a track with only corners where you dont even have to lift. The brakes are there for a reason. If you have them, use them.

The main problem is that the most not really understand what i mean. For some corners which i here suggested for the new fast track need you a brake and enough wing degrees for good down-force. And a lot of people tell me i should just drive KY1, everybody will annoy about.
basicaly - only lifted my foot in second to last corner, and I think I didnt have to do that (and Im not a racer even, so I cant tell), cant see the fun if you dont need to brake hard once in a while
Quote from squidhead :basicaly - only lifted my foot in second to last corner, and I think I didnt have to do that (and Im not a racer even, so I cant tell), cant see the fun if you dont need to brake hard once in a while

Just for a fun-speed-drive. But this thread is failed, my english is to bad and my start was to bad. So now i guess the devs dont wonna make the suggested track just for me.

Finally i must say that the existing tracks in LFS are really good, i dont wonna miss any track! My favorite Tracks are FE Black and AS-Historic. The most miles i drove with the FO8 in the KY1 because the drafting-game, not because there are no downforce and braking needed. I suggested just a additional new track for fun-speeding.
Your English is fine - I think we all understood you. I suppose a high-speed circuit like the old Monza might be interesting to have, but only once the aero modelling is more complex. At the moment it would be like racing on the oval.
I think a track where FZ5 could hit 300km/h (flowing by slight curves) would fit matze's demands

And I also don't understand people who kicks in face every topic about something new, original, which doesn't exist in LFS yet.

It is stupidness really because LFS wouldn't even exist if everyone was that retarded.
F1 car! - No.
55bph car for fun! - No.
Rally stage! - No.
GTR car! - No.
openwheelers! - No.
something new! - What for?
Quote from matze54564 :I dont wonna remove any layout, i suggest just a new track!

I really don´t understand why all want the BF1 braking down to 100 km/h in a fast track??? Why is this braking and driving such slow curves such a nice feeling for you all in here?? For example, the under 100 km/h corners with BF1 in AS Grand Prix get me bored!

I hate hairpins too I dont find throttle control out of hairpins much amusing. edit: I do not mean TC

Lately my favorite is hilly part of Aston North, Hist, GP - its fun with downforce (you can go floored almost all the time) and even more rewarding with LRFs - pity theres only one part of hilly club track in LFS (you can find me sometimes occupying abandoned "Heart of Racing" server - greets to whoever runs it).

I am all for moaning for a new mountain location with this type of course
I guess the reason why the slow corners are so boring to you is the way you probably drive it? Using the TC, just wait until the car points right direction and then floor it? Even with TC that is not fast.

Drive it without TC and those slow corners are much better. And not too hard if you just be gentle with the loud pedal. Never floor the throttle suddenly in BF1 and it is quite a nice ride for such a fast son-of-a-bat.
I'm not against new things. I just don't see the point of a course that would be no challenge to drive. Lower speed corners equate to passing opportunities in the downforce cars. Braking Zones = Passing opportunity. Acceleration out of a corner is a passing opportunity.

Slow corners make for good racing.
I wouldn't mind a fast track, but that wouldn't be my first choice. I'd more like an addon to south city, tight track, bumpy road, tight bends etc...
You want are track like roller coaster?=.="
Maybe something like Thruxton without the club chicane would be good fun
this track will be very fun... but dangerous...
youmay van't see the exit of coner, but you are driving in 250km/h...
Undead thread ftw :zombie:

A track with no corners under 200kph, just for the BF1? The BF1 - the most insanely fast & agile car in LFS with the best handling, braking & acceleration - being restriced to light braking (if any) and staying above 4th gear? That's criminal

As for driving the other cars on it (especially the road cars, which barely even reach 200 as it is) I think a track like that would be an unrealistic flat-out borefest.
I agree with the insanely boring crowd - no track should be this fast all the time.

Also, Scania - shame on you for resurrecting a year old thread. :P
#49 - JJ72
um not really. corners that you have to take just a notch below flat is the most chellenging, add a nice flow and narrow road you have something like a classic castle combe , or the original silverstone.
Castle Combe & Silverstone (old & modern versions) still have tricky low-speed turns - they're not just a series of near flat-out turns connected with straights.

Fast corners are awesome though, don't get the wrong idea - Ascari & Curva Grande from the pre-chicane Monza, for example, are two of my favourite turns. However, an entire track filled with Ascaris & Grandes would get really dull, really fast. The whole point of circuit racing is to see who can take the slowest corners the fastest: who can brake most effectively, who can accelerate out better and get a faster exit speed, testing the various strengths and weaknesses of cars and drivers at the extremes of braking, acceleration and changing direction. In the entire history of racing, there has never been a high-speed non-oval course like the one suggested here. Even old Reims, which was basically a mass of enormous straights with a couple of high speed turns, had a couple of tricky hairpins to make it challenging.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG