The online racing simulator
LFS in-car video. FOX on Aston Club.
(13 posts, started )
My last two vids were running the TBO class. A few guys requested something faster and open wheeled. I don't really drive the BF1 or F08, so hopefully the FOX will be good enough. Just like my other vids, this is my home setup using a G25, three pedals, and a projector. I put some pics of the setup at the end of the video, since so many people have asked about it. Once again, due to my crappy camera the quality isn't great and the colors are washed out. But, you get the idea of what the experience is like.

My times aren't great, but I run consistent 1:03s and manage to avoid quite a lot of carnage, especially in T1 on the first lap. I was running 1:01-1:02 the other night, but of course I didn't have the camera running then! Smile

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIlfGTQiw_g
#2 - JJ72
oh finally,you should really make more of these.
The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.
Damn now I need a projector.
Really cool. Next time turn off the HUD stuff Smile
Quote from squidhead :The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.

It was available for me, even before I started the thread. Shrug
Quote from deggis :Really cool. Next time turn off the HUD stuff Smile

Heh. I figured someone would mention that. I usually turn the HUD off, but had *just* joined the server when the race started. I didn't have time to really do anything unless I wanted to sit out the race while I messed with my settings. So, I just said "screw it" and went ahead. Smile
#8 - Imphy
Nice setup! I am about to sort out my LFS setup. Is that a projector or plasma and if it is a projector, are you rearprojecting or something?
Quote from Imphy :Nice setup! I am about to sort out my LFS setup. Is that a projector or plasma and if it is a projector, are you rearprojecting or something?

It's an InFocus ScreenPlay 5000 front projector, running 1280x720 (720p) resolution. I bought it, oh, about 9 months ago, I suppose. It was retail $1,000 at the time, but I got it on sale for $600. You can probably find them for around $4-500 used on eBay, I'd wager.
Great stuff - I must get a projector and convert one of my rooms into "the LFS room" =)
Quote from Imphy :Great stuff - I must get a projector and convert one of my rooms into "the LFS room" =)

If you look at the pictures of my setup at the end of the vid, you can see that I found a way to have my cake and eat it too. I setup the screen in the closet of my office. If I need the extra room, or want to make the office look "tidy", I just push my seat into the closet, close the curtains, and that's it. Smile

Edit: of course, I'm now planning a full-on cockpit to be kept in the basement. But my current setup is reasonably stealthy and wife-friendly, all things considered.
Quote from Cue-Ball :My last two vids were running the TBO class. A few guys requested something faster and open wheeled. I don't really drive the BF1 or F08, so hopefully the FOX will be good enough. Just like my other vids, this is my home setup using a G25, three pedals, and a projector. I put some pics of the setup at the end of the video, since so many people have asked about it. Once again, due to my crappy camera the quality isn't great and the colors are washed out. But, you get the idea of what the experience is like.

My times aren't great, but I run consistent 1:03s and manage to avoid quite a lot of carnage, especially in T1 on the first lap. I was running 1:01-1:02 the other night, but of course I didn't have the camera running then! Smile

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIlfGTQiw_g

Thats a damn fine video and it shows LFS really well IMO!

Come on Cue the chicane is easily taken flat out Smile
Quote from ebola :Thats a damn fine video and it shows LFS really well IMO!

Come on Cue the chicane is easily taken flat out Smile

I don't drive Aston all that often, especially not in the open wheelers. Even in the slower tin tops, that damn chicane ALWAYS ends up biting me in the ass. Smile

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG