The online racing simulator
Language Support : TEST Patch P3
(53 posts, closed, started )
OK..... here it is, you can now see Katakana, Cyrillic, Greek and various previously unsupported European characters on your screen!

That is... if you are from somewhere that uses those characters, or if you meet someone from there when you are online.

This is because 6 new Windows code pages have been introduced in addition to Latin-1 so making a total of 7. For more info you should read the first post on this thread, which describes in detail who will benefit from the new code page support : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2254

Other Fixes :

- Incorrect fuel amount transferred to new player when taking over car
- Faulty online host sometimes causing LFS to hang in List of Games

Download TEST Patch P3 :

http://www.liveforspeed.net/fi ... LFS_S2_ALPHA_PATCH_P3.zip

It's a TEST patch - there may be problems - do let us know of any you find. I expect to release another TEST Patch P4 quite soon, with some more fixes and more translations. There are some being developed at the moment, including Russian, Greek, Japanese. You may be able to find them in the languages section or their authors may post here when they are ready.
Great. Another milestone in LFS's history - proper multiple language support. I'm d/ling it now, even if I stand little to gain from it (partly to help bug test, and partly cos it makes me feel good having the latest version!)
#3 - D34N0
Quote from tristancliffe :Great. Another milestone in LFS's history - proper multiple language support. I'm d/ling it now, even if I stand little to gain from it (partly to help bug test, and partly cos it makes me feel good having the latest version!)

:iagree:
Ah, but look on the bright side, he's back on the treadmill, and once the language patches are done, Physics will follow
Yeah, you have something to gain! You can have a Japanese name!

Copy this and paste into LFS : ^JÒÓÔÕÖ× <-- it will appear in Japanese Katakana!

Warning - technical explanation that you don't need to know :

^J can select the Japanese code page
^C selects Cyrillic
^G selects Greek
^T selects Turkish
^E selects Central European
^B selects Baltic
^L selects Latin-1

And you can type any character from any code page, by using the ALT+xxx keypress (when xxx are numbers, NOT on the numeric keypad). xxx refers to the position in the codepages (from 32 to 255).
Haha, this is great - it's funny seeing LFS in greek... not to mention seeing the phrasing errors I've made in the translation so far...

Thanks!

EDIT:
Every time I send a message in greek LFS says: "Added ID G" right before displaying the message I typed.
#7 - axus
Awesome, Scawen... I am bulgarian by nationality... I'll try let a few freinds know about this and hopefully they will try LFS out.
#8 - Chaos
Hmm ahead of schedule, good work!
Czech language seems O.K.
Actually, the "Added ID G" message pops up whenever I type even a single greek character in any textbox - then if I re-access the same textbox I get "Removed G"... poor G

I think maybe it's some debugging message you've left active?
hehe now learning Czech with Devil 007 will be even more challengind for me :P
I just noticed that I cannot write the § character, I only get an empty box []. Not a new bug, as it didn't work in S1 either.
Edit: You can write this char by typing Alt + 0167

There is a small issue with the codepage selection. When I try to select Central European by typing ^E, LFS writes an Ê. Not a big problem, because it's still possible to select the codepage, by pressing ^ SPACE E.
Attached images
codepage.gif
box.jpg
so a minor bug in the czech language, the big letter E with wedge can not be written, small one works...
Thanks for the feedback - those issues / minor bugs should easy to fix. I knew there would be issues because it's quite a big piece of work

GP4Flo : I will add that squiggly character for you, no problem. But about the ^E, that must be some funny thing with the German keyboard input.
good to see that the development is on his way again

downloading and testing the patch now, as usual
Just for input, in french the ^ is a special character too.
â ê î ô û
^b ^c ^d ^f ^g ^h ^j
As you can see it works that way with vowels (and I have a ^ button on my kb here, not shift+6).
Nick : Thanks. I have moved that info about the ^ key into a special thread because it's a bit off topic
Maybe kind off odd and foolish question, but if you don't speak/need the new languages who've been added, you don't have to download the test patch huh? I mean, has no influence on racing mathers and hotlaps stuff ?
There is a bug fix or two in there too y'know
:ices_rofl:eclipsee_:clapclap::banana:

Thanks You !!!
nice one, thanks
Quote from GianniC :Maybe kind off odd and foolish question, but if you don't speak/need the new languages who've been added, you don't have to download the test patch huh? I mean, has no influence on racing mathers and hotlaps stuff ?

It's quite a good idea to get the patch, for anyone who normally goes online, as it seems to be working ok, if they don't mind doing the quick unzip. Because then if other people talk in Russian or Greek, you will see Russian or Greek... if you have the old version, you would just see an apparently random series of strange characters!

But on the other hand, some people seem to get a bit upset if there are too many patches... they seem to find it a bit disturbing to have to unzip a new patch. That's why there's a big warning that it's a TEST patch and you really don't need to get it.

There will probably be a few more TEST patches before there's an official patch which will be strongly recommended!
Quote from Scawen :

There will probably be a few more TEST patches before there's an official patch which will be strongly recommended!

must you tease us like this? the emu is getting anxious

But I appreciate you adding languages, some of the members of my message boards speak greek, this will surely help me win them over (to get lfs)
Indeed, this works fine! Hope to see it soon released! A presto go to finish my translation.
Attached images
aero_detail.jpg
smert_halyavschikam!.jpg
Scawen, I've edited Russian.txt file and looked how the letters look in LFS. I've instantly got a fix request: the letter д (Д) hangs it's legs below the line level like ц (Ц). The last one is made correctly, but, please fix the first one. Now with д standing high the text looks like foolish, like the letters have gone mad (something like "CrAzY hAx0r").
Attached images
letter_d.jpg
LFS 2005-10-14 04-04-39-67.jpg
Quote from detail :Scawen, I've edited Russian.txt file and looked how the letters look in LFS. I've instantly got a fix request: the letter д (Д) hangs it's legs below the line level like ц (Ц). The last one is made correctly, but, please fix the first one. Now with д standing high the text looks like foolish, like the letters have gone mad (something like "CrAzY hAx0r").

Thanks - will do. Please make sure you check all the letters, size, shape and position.

Same for the Greek guys please - it's easy to make changes if you spot something strange about them. They all look strange to me!
This thread is closed

(53 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG