The online racing simulator
Spinoff : Patch test W9 complaint
(90 posts, started )
i guess so but the gtrs etc are boring on oval because you just floor it all the way around. which in real life most tracks you cant or you will be into a wall.

the best solution would probibly be an actuall stock car for the game with about 600bhp which is 100% uncontrollable then you have to scale down the power your self using the new handicapts that would be verry good.
+ different tyres as if it had the slicks like the gtrs it would just grip. and allso no downforce on the car would be good because then you would have to drive like a real stock car instead of letting downforce and grip do the work for you

who knows might happen one day?
Racing is about doing the best humanly possible with the equipment what you got. So the car is 20 kilos heavier now, and 1 tenth slower, boohoo
yup i know thats why i think its not good because its now not the best possible with what the car has to offer cause of extra weight?
so? don't you think that happens in real life too?

I bet you wouldn't have moaned if you would've gone a tenth faster
#55 - Jakg
Quote from tristancliffe :I very much doubt the XRT, FXO or RB4 are even remotely difficult to drive on the oval

their harder than the BF1, FO8 etc because you have to pick one specific line on the last corner if you want to go flat-out, or dont want to loose too much speed.

I did an event race there (FM Oval n00bs V STCC drivers), twas by far the easiest league race i've ever done, i put in all of about 100 laps practice (for the STCC i usually do 500-600), and before you say i was just slow - i won.

Its harder than you think, but that's not saying much, the skill in oval racing is all about overtaking
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
#56 - Jakg
stfu n00b

I love the FXO, I love its looks, I love its sound, I love its handling.
#58 - Jakg
Scawen, make the FXO a diesel and I'll personally come to Twickenham and kill you. Just a word of warning.

Although I'm sure an FXO-diesel PLUS a normal FXO + a WRC FXO would go down a treat.
Quote from Jakg :Scawen, make the FXO a diesel and I'll personally come to twickenham and kill you. Just a word of warning.

Considering the entire LFS community would hang, draw and quarter you if you did, feel free

Back onto topic...I think the global balancing is a good idea, being a slow as hell n00b in the TBO's I need it to keep up with the RB4's and FXO's in the STCC
Jakg - you didn't see, I was helping him with the English version of "two flies with one strike" - I have never suggested or supported putting a Diesel in LFS and I'll say that now before some crazy rumours start. The FXO will get a bit heavier and have narrow tyres, that's about it I guess.

I'm not involved with the "W9 complaint" thread, I just thought the two flies with one strike was amusing... I'll now unsubscribe from this thread, don't need to be in three separate W9 conversations.
#61 - dev
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :its actually about 80% smoother now so theres no skill on oval. befor you had to let off rather alot on last corner now you can just floor it so what you just said was total oposite of the real events

That's true Globally...
#62 - Jakg
Quote from Scawen :Jakg - you didn't see, I was helping him with the English version of "two flies with one strike" - I have never suggested or supported putting a Diesel in LFS and I'll say that now before some crazy rumours start. The FXO will get a bit heavier and have narrow tyres, that's about it I guess.

I'm not involved with the "W9 complaint" thread, I just thought the two flies with one strike was amusing... I'll now unsubscribe from this thread, don't need to be in three separate W9 conversations.

i know, i was just worried that you might think "oooh, a diesel, thats a good idea...." and ruin my favourite car
Quote from Jakg :Although I'm sure an FXO-diesel PLUS a normal FXO + a WRC FXO would go down a treat.

How about we just keep the regular FXO, but we add a fare meter on the top of the console, a two-way radio and one of those beaded seat covers?
I've decided to move this thread to the test patch forum. There is one reason for a test patch forum, and it's so we don't spam the main forum with test patch discussions.

OK, done that, and unsubscribed again...
who started off the deisel idea?? thats dumb idea.. thanks for making scawen unsubscribe from the thread with the deisel noncense :weeping: lol
sry for spam
lol
why didnt they just lower the weight of the slower cars?
Because there are things like big lumps of metal and heavy stuff inside cars which weight a plenty. Some cars just are heavier than others due to construction methods and quite often it's nearly impossible to remove a lot of the dead weight.
i mean to eaven them out.
Because adding weight to unrealistically light cars (FXO) is a more realistic approach.

And rly... get over it.
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :why didnt they just lower the weight of the slower cars?

stop crying. A real driver drives the car he's offered to the best possible. Your whole pathetic crying about 20 kilos is just beyond stupid.
you havent done a few thousend laps going in a circle you dont know the half of it.

you have no idea what im talking about hardly any one does unless youv been there so comments like that are just stupid

Spinoff : Patch test W9 complaint
(90 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG