The online racing simulator
Spinoff : Patch test W9 complaint
(90 posts, started )
hello there. sorry about a complaint but hopefully some officials will see this post.

the XRT and FXO restrictions have done nothing in terms of the tbo oval racing on the ky oval.

and i have to say its wrecked it. lap times are alot slower in xrt from the added 20kg. i can only get within .22 of my world record.

people in the server tryed other cars but in the end every one was just using xrt's because there still the best. so what its done really. is slowed down the best cars and still the slow ones are useless??

personally i think the slower cars should of been boosted slightly.

oh and plus, with my world record set i can just go wide open around the oval in XRT now so theres no fun at all. its just flat out boring slow laps where as befor you got loose on the correct line so you had to be skilled with throttle

theres allways a plus and negative to new things, and the posative is that there more eaven on all tracks now.
negative that they hurt the xrt for oval and theres still no improvment on oval.

not sure if they just did it without thinking about tbos on oval, it maybe it just didnt work out who knows.
but the results are bad for oval. slower and no better

okay now every ones going to have your Own oppinion on this post. but this is my opinion so please no arguments

thank you for reading
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
wait until scawen gets into real aero design.. see how much it slows you down then..

as far as going all out with the WR set, thats thanks to the clutch preload system, it should be like that
im using locked diff tho. i dont use clutches for oval.

its because the car its self has more weight and more grip that you just floor it and dont get loose is boring now.

im a huge nascar fan and this doesnt feel like it any more in the xrt.

not that the Xrt "IS" a nascar. but it got loose like like nascars. and you had to let off on last corner for a "good" time

oh and btw fxo used to have 47 second laps and now it couldnt even stay up within half a lap of xrt on a 4 lap race lol.

so thats just messed up anyway
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :im a huge nascar fan and this doesnt feel like it any more in the xrt.

So, you're saying that a 4 cylinder turbo, lightweight car, on street tires felt like a a NASCAR before!?

This sim is still in alpha. LOTS of things are going to get changed. Some cars may get faster, some may get slower. This is something you just have to deal with as the game is developed and the cars are balanced. And just remember that this is a test patch. The XRT may not have the same weight penalty by the time the next official patch is released. And if it does still have the weight, everyone else will have it too so it's an even playing field.

Quote :oh and btw fxo used to have 47 second laps and now it couldnt even stay up within half a lap of xrt on a 4 lap race

What about on something other than the friggin' oval? The idea of balancing the cars is that one will be faster on some tracks and one will be faster on others.
as much as i love a good race.

i love the setting up side of the game to go faster. and when youv done thousends of laps on a track you dont want to go slower and loose the line and have to start from scratch.

and what you said about oval. some people like oval you know, lfs has a oval and like you said about living with stuff. live with the fact some of us like oval just because you dont doesnt mean you have to knock it

like i said im not argueing. its my "oppinion" alltho in reality, of corse nothing compairs to lfs tho right?
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :im a huge nascar fan and this doesnt feel like it any more in the xrt.

not that the Xrt "IS" a nascar.

Than you would know that there is no such thing as "a NASCAR." Sorry, but I HATE when people say that. It's a "Stock Car." NASCAR is a sanctioning body, not a car.

Anyways... If you run your own server play around with the global handicaps and come up with something that evens out the TBO class.
Yeah you can balance the classes out yourself if you want....

On the oval, the FXO needs intake restriction (8-9%) for it to match the RB4's speed. The XRT does too (4% iirc).
yes but thats the point. i dont want to eaven them out. because no one uses the other two for ovaling, they just use xrt, and now xrt is slower..

so its now boring because theres less of the getting loose, its more grippy and slower now
Ok so you don't want to even them out, then what is the point of this thread? If you took those balancing figures for the oval, and used them on a road course, the cars would be unbalanced yet again depending on what track you choose. The option to balance them yourself is great if you have this problem. There is no universal balancing that works for all the tracks, there will always be one car faster than the other if you use ONE preset for the cars. Balancing them yourself lets you have multiple presets.

You can even them out and have all 3 in close racing on the oval. That is why there is a server-side handicaps system too, so you can have fair racing for everyone, in any car, on your own server.
you dont get my point.

the xrt

is

too

slow

it feels like a rb4 going around the oval now. liturally :sleep2:

they should of just boosted up the slower cars.
btw i just got a 48.22 with XRT, so i guess its only .14 different but still thats huge amount, really huge
RB4 is the benchmark car for top speed. The 2 faster cars have to match that car somewhat. So don't complain they are too slow... they are suppossed to be slower!
or the slow ones be faster so it doesnt interfeer with the slowing down of the lap times instead the others get faster

ok i got a 48.18 with the extra 20kg
how about dont use the TEST patch?
Quote from wildwilly :how about dont use the TEST patch?

Why would he need to do that? The balancing is going to happen eventually.
yep i have two copys of lfs so iv not lost patch W on its own.

i love the new server connection limit etc brings more life to the game.

just not too keen on the limited cars which "Have" to be limited.

they should have a way of turning it off via admin that would be usefull so they was same weight as befor ?
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :or the slow ones be faster

And how are you going to achieve that? Anit-gravity plates to make them lighter? NOS?
Anything to make his XRT move that precious .14 seconds faster...

EDIT: Of course, this was just my 'oppinion' and you have no right to question me. But discuss anyway.

Thank you for reading.
#19 - Gunn
When an incompatible patch gets released the LFS World times are usually wiped clean anyway. It won't be the first time we have had to start again, it is expected. Every time there is a physics change or a change in the cars, you can expect times to be different. Also you can expect setups to be different as well.

As mentioned already, this is a test patch. Scawen has already said that the final parameters of the handicapping system are not yet complete (hence the test period). We must wait until development of the current features is complete before we know the outcome of the new changes, in real terms, on the track.

It may very well turn out that in future some cars never reach old world record times while others exceed their current best. There is no rule that says they should always get faster with each physics update. The aim in class balancing is to allow different types of cars to be more evenly matched, if that can be achieved by weight penalties etc, most people would consider that a positive outcome.

The XRT has always been too loose anyway, handling improvements are very welcome IMO.
I don't want to trade in a balanced class, just because one user thinks one car is too slow and boring on one track.
It's like saying "powerboost the LX6, I find it boring to drive on WE1", so a big -1 from me to OP
I bet a zillion dollars, that the performance on the Oval is _NOT_ deciding for the balance of the cars. If there's one car a bit faster on oval, then it should be it. More important is the more equal performance on the tracks where you actually have to know how to brake, overtake and turn right.
#22 - JJ72
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :you dont get my point.

the xrt

is

too

slow

it feels like a rb4 going around the oval now. liturally :sleep2:

they should of just boosted up the slower cars.

how on earth you would expect a tiny 2 litre turbo car on a wide open oval is anything near fast.

if you don't like the slower cars, go pick a faster one. as simple as that.
#23 - JJ72
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :they should have a way of turning it off via admin that would be usefull so they was same weight as befor ?

YOU ACTUALLY CAN DO THAT.
#24 - Jakg
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :so thats just messed up anyway

the devs have tried to balance the cars for ALL tracks, and they can't get a happy medium because their different cars. Take the XFR and UFR - the UFR has more grip at low speed because of its little weight, and is nice and nippy, its higher power-to-weight ratio gives it more punch, but the XFR has 60 horses more and therefore goes faster in a straight line - to stop the UFR getting raped on tracks like Aston, they've given the XFR weight, but at SO the nippy UFR was already in the lead, and all its done is slow down the XFR even more - now its up to the community to find ballast and restriction settings to level the cars off there
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :they should of just boosted up the slower cars.

and how do you propose, using nothing but restrictor plates and ballast, that they do that?
Oval is boring anyway. Now you'll fall asleep 0.2 seconds sooner than you did before (usually before the first turn).

/runs away from FM

(90 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG