The online racing simulator
Do something about Force Feedback!
I dont know if this is a universal problem, with just the g25, or just me. But when i turn up the forcefeedback in lfs, put my foot on the brake, and turn the wheel about 2 inches, let go the wheel bounces like nuts! Its goes back and forth about 4-6 times a second about 45 degrees both ways. Its very annoying. I wish this wouldnt happen! Is there a way i can change this? I like to have ffb on high because a real car going 230 over bumps will rattle you too. Any setting i can change? Or is this a live for speed thing?
#2 - ajp71
Most sims have difficulty with holding the wheel still when stationary because the FF technology is limited to putting a force one way or the other so you get this effect with high ff that the software is constantly applying a force one way then the other to try and keep the wheel still. Unfortunately I don't think this will ever be totally ironed out of FF with the current technology.
its not a lfs thing its just plain old processing delay which youll always get with ffb

Quote from stevewhite :Is there a way i can change this?

not letting go off the wheel ?
This will happen in any game that doesn't use preset effects, it is the limitation of FFB technology, which ajp and Shotglass already brought up.

Second, I don't see this being an improvement suggestion, more like technical assistance request.
#5 - M.Mos
FFB technology isn't the limiting factor here. It's LFS and the Hardware e.g. crappy ffb wheels. Oh yeah im sure about that, i have been digging into FFB technology for quite some time while writing my own ffb firmware.
Quote from stevewhite :IIts goes back and forth about 4-6 times a second about 45 degrees both ways. Its very annoying. I wish this wouldnt happen! Is there a way i can change this? I like to have ffb on high because a real car going 230 over bumps will rattle you too. Any setting i can change? Or is this a live for speed thing?

That's incredible, but aside from that:

In LFS, if you brake and turn the wheel - you deform the tires since you're not allowing them to rotate when you turn the steering wheel. This is what causes the snap to centre.

You can modulate the force by playing with the brake, and it's kind of an interesting physics experiment.

Try it with the FO8, and use the forces view whilst in the cockpit to see what's happening. If you turn the wheel, the let go of the brake, the force trying to centre the wheel immediately ceases.

I don't think you should use anything higher than 100% in LFS and 100% in the Logitech software. Higher settings exaggerate forces.
I have this issue in rF when leaving the pits and when exiting back to the garage menu. I recall, just after getting the G25, my dad printing off some forum posts about such behaviour. I'll see if I can find them somewhere, or the relevant posts (I think they were on RSC?). I never bothered to look because I don't play rF enough.

I do not have this problem at all in LFS, though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG