The online racing simulator
Momo Racing sucks
(23 posts, started )
#1 - Gabox
Momo Racing sucks
Hi! I bought a brand new Logitech Momo Racing 2 days ago. After some LFS playing, i found it unusable, because of the high steering resistance of the wheel. The problem doesn't relate to FFB, because even if FFB is off, its hard to do quick steering movements (which most rally game requires). Another problem is the horrible sound, that came from the wheel, when i steering with it.

Why i hear everywhere, that it is a good wheel?
#2 - bhs
You probably have centering spring turned on. Is the resistance present while the wheel is power-less?
The noise is the gears for the FFB motor.

It's a good wheel, I'm more than happy with mine...
#4 - joen
Quote from Gabox :
Why i hear everywhere, that it is a good wheel?

Because it is a good wheel. You just have to set it up properly. So like already said disable the centering spring. I don't hear horrible sounds when I use it. Sure it makes a sound which any wheel will.
#5 - Gabox
Quote from joen : Sure it makes a sound which any wheel will...

Then i'll buy a NOFFB wheel. Are there any good one?
#6 - Gabox
Quote from bhs :You probably have centering spring turned on. Is the resistance present while the wheel is power-less?

No, and Yes.
#7 - Jakg
the G25 is a LOT quieter than the momo, but every wheel WILL Make a noise (albeit the Momo is VERY noisy compared to the G25
i can definitely imagine better wheels than the momo racing.
had a lot of trouble with it.
Quote from Gabox :Then i'll buy a NOFFB wheel. Are there any good one?

No. Without FFB its just, wierd. You don't feel anything from the car so its hard to drive consistantly.
if someone could post screens of their settings for their momo, then i think you will be on the right track. from what i have heard, the momo is a good wheel.
#11 - bhs
Quote from Gabox :Then i'll buy a NOFFB wheel. Are there any good one?

This guy is a GENIUS!
LOL. Also there is resistance when the power is off, a lot of it, its standard with the momo. Try in the menus of LFS, there should be no resistance there.
Well yea momo is good to race with, and it's comfy and stuff. But it has some cons. Gear flap not working, pedals not going to max etc. Other than that, awesome wheel. I'm using it myself too.
Use these settings and try again:
PS. Don't mind the rotation setting.
Attached images
wheel settings.png
I find it so amusing when people don't know how to set up / use something, they just declare it shit / broken.
also i reckon mine steers for me it's really annoying i go around a corner and it does what lfs does in stablized keyboard mode it tries to correct my path and ideas there

sorry i was just looking at the image degrees of rotation 720 your not using the momo wheel are you isn't that 270?
To anyone stating the momo is an awesome wheel - it isn't.

However, it's certainly not bad for the money, better than many cheap and nasty wheels, and until the introduction of the DFP and G25, was the best consumer level wheel you could get.

Even before getting my G25 I can feel the shortcomings of the wheel (and the pedals aren't even worth talking about), now I've got something better to compare it to I realise just how bad it really is. Basically you get what you pay for.
Quote from hughesie89 :sorry i was just looking at the image degrees of rotation 720 your not using the momo wheel are you isn't that 270?

I have a DFP. The other settings are the same for momo.
#19 - Jakg
from my experience do NOT enable the centreing spring!
if the power is off the plug it in! there is a TON of resistance when it is turned off
With centering spring set to 0, and powered on, i finally managed to steer a bit more easier. However, i can't find deadzone setting, so its hard to stay on the racing line.
Beyond what i've explained in my initial post, i also don't like the plastic design and the diameter of the wheel, so there is a brand new Momo for sale. I'm switching to G25.
not all of us can afford the g25

Momo Racing sucks
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG